Update to Sync 3, version 3.4 Build 21020

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I haven’t noticed anything but i barely got used to the previous release! Someone with a USB download should check for a release notes file. Rarely is software released without a record of what’s been fixed.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Odd you all had to do anything.
Mine downloaded and installed 3.4 overnight with no interaction from me. All on my home wifi.....

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Fusion Hybrid, '20 Escape Hybrid
I haven’t noticed anything but i barely got used to the previous release! Someone with a USB download should check for a release notes file. Rarely is software released without a record of what’s been fixed.
Unfortunately, there aren't any generic release notes put out. Unless there's an SSM for some specific issue, there usually isn't a "link" between a release any fix. I'll usually post up something on forums when others ask what changed on my feature. For example, if you're on 3.4.20136 before the upgrade and use the built-in VR, you'll likely notice post upgrade that it now just beeps after pressing the button vs chime and beep. If you were on 3.4.20282 already, then you'd notice nothing different. That type of thing.

Draper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL + BL, 2021 Ranger XLT Sport
I updated my Sync3 yesterday using a USB, everything seemed to go well. This morning I am driving to work and hit the SiriusXM Travel Link weather app and noticed all my Travel Link functions are not connected. When I got to work I checked the subscription status and they all said "not subscribed". There is a number there to call, so I'll do that later today.

Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them?

CodeGR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them?
Did you call that number? I briefly tried TravelLink today and I see not subscribed for everything except movie showtimes. Not sure what it was before the update.

My SXM wasn't working at all this evening. I was listening to music through Android Auto and figured I'd check out SXM, but there was no audio. AM and FM were working fine. SXM was working fine the day before. Figure maybe my system needed a restart.

Draper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL + BL, 2021 Ranger XLT Sport
Did you call that number? I briefly tried TravelLink today and I see not subscribed for everything except movie showtimes. Not sure what it was before the update.
I did get on a chat with them and the person acted like they didn't know what Travel Link even was. So I got online and filled out a help ticket here...

https://help.siriusxm.com/app/unresolved_issue?intcmp=RC_NA_contact-us_UnresolvedIssues

They actually responded very quickly - the same day - and worked with me until the issue was resolved. Ended up with them cancelling my subscription to everything on XM, me doing a factory reset of the sync 3 system and then they re-subscribed me to everything again. That was 2 days ago and everything is still working.

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I did get on a chat with them and the person acted like they didn't know what Travel Link even was. So I got online and filled out a help ticket here...

https://help.siriusxm.com/app/unresolved_issue?intcmp=RC_NA_contact-us_UnresolvedIssues

They actually responded very quickly - the same day - and worked with me until the issue was resolved. Ended up with them cancelling my subscription to everything on XM, me doing a factory reset of the sync 3 system and then they re-subscribed me to everything again. That was 2 days ago and everything is still working.

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had the same problem with Travel Link not working following Sync 3 update to 21020. Called Ford CRC, they said it’s a Sirius problem. Called Sirius, they said it’s a Ford problem. Arrrrgh!!

Discovered that a Master Reset restores Travel link subscriptions but only for 2 start/run cycles. Third start up and Travel Link “subscription not active “ again.

Took it to the dealer. They said I need a new antenna, which is on National back order and won’t be available for a while. BTW: headliner, side trim and dash have to be removed to install the new antenna. Again Arrrrgh!

Is your travel link still working more than two days after Sirius fix? Master Reset only gave temporary fix for me.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Odd you all had to do anything.
Mine downloaded and installed 3.4 overnight with no interaction from me. All on my home wifi.....
that's probably the bigger point if you have a strong enough wifi connection and set it to auto update. My wifi is crap, the routers are crap, but our community signed a deal with the devil with exclusive provider rights so they pedal crap service and you can't get anything else. I had no choice but to update with USB.
Sponsored