Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
I don't even have my BB yet, but we need some data from the field.

Please post the MPG you are getting and the driving conditions. It also might be helpful to summarize your driving style from lead foot to old lady.

Thanks,

Tom
Sponsored

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
I don't even have my BB yet, but we need some data from the field.

Please post the MPG you are getting and the driving conditions. It also might be helpful to summarize your driving style from lead foot to old lady.

Thanks,

Tom
Old lady.

I'm getting 22 city and 29 highway.

Haven't broken 30 at any point, 29.9 is the best I've seen.

I upgraded my tires to Falken Wildpeak A/T trails (225/65R17) almost as soon as I got the car, so I don't have a before/after, but I can't imagine I've lost too much to such a small tire change (+3lb per corner.)

Mgboyd

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I drove 1,200 miles to Bristol, TN from Michigan and back for the NASCAR race a couple of weekends ago and got 31.8 mpg driving 70+ miles per hour going there. On the way back in the rain, I got 28.8 mpg. I was in Normal mode.

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
It would help to tell if these numbers are dashboard or calculated from actual mileage/gallons.

I lean towards old lady (with a beard)! 60/40 highway to city with colder WI climates until recently. 3700 miles on the beastie. Been averaging 27-28mpg calculated. Dashboard always shows about 2mpg better than what I calculate.

The tank I'm on now with 350 miles is showing 32 dashboard. I'm expecting about 30 calculated and am attributing that to the warmer weather. I'm interested to see the average over several tanks in July/August.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
It would help to tell if these numbers are dashboard or calculated from actual mileage/gallons.

I lean towards old lady (with a beard)! 60/40 highway to city with colder WI climates until recently. 3700 miles on the beastie. Been averaging 27-28mpg calculated. Dashboard always shows about 2mpg better than what I calculate.

The tank I'm on now with 350 miles is showing 32 dashboard. I'm expecting about 30 calculated and am attributing that to the warmer weather. I'm interested to see the average over several tanks in July/August.
My calculated vs dashboard has always been within 0.5 mpg. The biggest change I found was when we aired down the tires. Delivered my OB tires were at 39 psi. I was getting 33 mpg then. Down to 33 psi and my mileage is at the 31.

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm just shy of 1000 miles on mine. So far I'm getting a steady 27-29 around town and the one bigger trip I did I popped it in eco mode and set the cruise at 66mph and got just shy of 38 MPG. Fresh fuel up before the ride home and I got 170+ miles on 1/4 tank.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Some steep climbs on loose gravel daily, my driveway is .2 miles long and up to 14% grades.
My roads are 50/50 rolling hills with some being rather long 7% climbs on a 55 to 65 mph four lane, almost no stop lights. And the other 50% is curvy up and down mountain roads.
When my base model was new I was grand ma.
As I passed 1,000 miles then 1,500 I drove it more normal, that being me asking the 1.5L for more power at times. It delivers just fine.
I tried premium fuel for a thousand miles with no mpg change and no noticable power gains unless I really pushed the tac way up. Then I think I could feel a little difference with premium. I'm back on regular and will stay with that.
Through all of this from mile 21 to my current 3,800 Odo reading I'm still at a long term average 26.2 mpg. Per the computer.
BUT when I figure it out with the far more accurate math of miles divided by gallons at fill up... I have done this over many fill ups btw.
I get 24.7 mpg.
Every car I've ever owned the dashboard mpgs has always been an inflated number, always showing one to two more mpg's than actual.
I would have been happier if Ford would set a new standard and be more accurate. But that's ok as it helps sell cars right !
I did take one 150 mile road trip all at 60, 65 mph on somewhat more level ground and for that trip I got a 28.7 avg mpg on the dash and 26.6 with the math at fill up.

Last edited:

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
21.7 average. 5600 miles on the broncy. 90% of it is highway miles in sport mode. I do have a lead foot, and drive like it stole it. Rough country leveling kit, with 245 tires on it as well.

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Averaging 31.5mpg five tanks in. I'll echo what I've heard feom others, there doesn't seem to be much use in Eco mode unless you're doing a lot of stop and go. I used primarily Eco in the first tank to see what was what. Have used all Normal for the last four tanks, and my fuel economy seems to be doing great

Butter

Outer Banks
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
I’m at 25, split between city and highway. Admittedly, I’m a leadfoot. Now at 4,000 miles.

IronMikeGolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, BS OB
Took a 10 day trip from Akron OH Wilmington NC and Myrtle Beach SC. 31 MPG (computer) on the interstate on the way down to halfway across VA. That was speed limit +10% and included mountains in WV and VA. Rest of the way was 80-85 mph max and MPG dropped to 29 mpg. Overall trip (1900 mi or so) was 29 mpg. Prolly 600 mi of city type driving. Mostly normal, but city was in Sport mode. Ford Pass says my cornering is "harsh" whatever that means.

I used 87 octane fuel for this trip.

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, Mustang, Fiesta,
Good blog...I now have just over 4000 miles in my OB bronco. I set the life time mileage when I got it...and it is at 28.4 combined. I am very pleased. The 2020 Titanium Escape was at 27.4 after 16,000 mile, so the new bronco is doing better. The escape is what we traded in on the Bronco. When I go on trips I use trip 1 and 2. Have gotten as high as 31.5. Some one asked if these numbers are from the computer or actual filling station calculations...answer is both...and they is very, very little difference,
Sponsored