WoodmanMN

Base
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So my wife has an aversion to putting gas in the car. She sent me a text while at work today, "Buck is hungry!" with a picture of the dash saying, "50 Miles to Empty".

Ok, I'll fill it up when you get home tonight. (in the 9 years we've been married, I think she's filled her own tank 4, maybe 5 times? She's spoiled)

Fill it up. 27.3 mpg calculated, 27.8 indicated. Not bad for going up and down the hill to work. Hell of a lot better than the 22mpg she got out of her 2018 Edge 2.0EB.
Sponsored

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
My lifetime calculated MPG is 29.5, but I have minimal city stop-and-go driving.

Recently made a trip on some back roads going 55-60 mph and achieved 32.8 MPG calculated compared to the 34.8 MPG on the display.

Hand-calculated and display differ by no more than 8% in my records thus far.

Bigridge83

Big Bend
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport,ā€™18 Ford Fiesta,ā€™92 Ford Explorer
So my wife has an aversion to putting gas in the car. She sent me a text while at work today, "Buck is hungry!" with a picture of the dash saying, "50 Miles to Empty".

Ok, I'll fill it up when you get home tonight. (in the 9 years we've been married, I think she's filled her own tank 4, maybe 5 times? She's spoiled)

Fill it up. 27.3 mpg calculated, 27.8 indicated. Not bad for going up and down the hill to work. Hell of a lot better than the 22mpg she got out of her 2018 Edge 2.0EB.
Haha Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one who deals with this. I got tired of every time we got in the car to go somewhere the car was sucking fumes. So Iā€™ll take it and go fill it up, as it will give me a chance to take a gander and see if anything is wrong with the car. So yeah my wife is spoiled too!

Freddy Turbina

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just took a 180mi (each way) overnight trip, and was at 30.5 mpg on the dash. I spent most of the trip in eco hoping to get the best mileage, but turned to sport when I got bored of the low acceleration feeling. Sport actually increased the mileage, so Iā€™m not really sure what eco is meant for! Maybe better environmentally it means, but it sure isnā€™t gas mileage.

Miles to empty has been very inaccurate, though that is because of the many miles of slow, deep sand beach driving driving the average downā€¦ more than half of that trip the miles to empty did not move up or down. free gas!

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Just took a 180mi (each way) overnight trip, and was at 30.5 mpg on the dash. I spent most of the trip in eco hoping to get the best mileage, but turned to sport when I got bored of the low acceleration feeling. Sport actually increased the mileage, so Iā€™m not really sure what eco is meant for! Maybe better environmentally it means, but it sure isnā€™t gas mileage.

Miles to empty has been very inaccurate, though that is because of the many miles of slow, deep sand beach driving driving the average downā€¦ more than half of that trip the miles to empty did not move up or down. free gas!
Lots of things influence fuel economy. As long as you are careful, good fuel economy can be achieved in any mode, but Eco was especially made for improving fuel economy. In this mode the gas pedal is less sensitive, the transmission upshifts more frequently, and cylinder deactivation will occur under certain circumstances. Your best mileage will come from this mode.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
The break in change.
When new, under 1000 miles my average was 26.1, 26.2.
Now just over 5,000 miles driving the same way I'm holding a 27.8 and 27.9 average.
My engine feels stronger, feels like it spins up faster. Feels smoother when pulling up a long hill that makes it downshift while in cruise control.

Carl h

Big Bend
First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I don't even have my BB yet, but we need some data from the field.

Please post the MPG you are getting and the driving conditions. It also might be helpful to summarize your driving style from lead foot to old lady.

Thanks,

Tom
21.9 Big Bend 450 miles so far mostly sport mode

BigD

Big Bend
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don't even have my BB yet, but we need some data from the field.

Please post the MPG you are getting and the driving conditions. It also might be helpful to summarize your driving style from lead foot to old lady.

Thanks,

Tom
I have 5700 miles on mine and Iā€™m a lead foot. So far hwy avg around 28-29 and city somewhere 23-24

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
About 800miles so far (mostly stop and go city) @ 28 mpg. Couple highway runs at 60mph avg, 38 mpg....pretty darn happy.

GrayGhost

Outer Banks
First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Bronco Sport
Took delivery of our OB on June 24. Drove to North Carolina, a trip of about 800 miles and got 33.5 on first tank and 31.5 on second tank on screen display. Calculated at about 29.5. A good mixture of highway and side roads and stop n go driving. Very pleased with the little 1.5 so far. A little underpowered on hills compared to the Escape 2.0 we traded in but love the ride and pretty much everything about the BS so far.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Lots of things influence fuel economy. As long as you are careful, good fuel economy can be achieved in any mode, but Eco was especially made for improving fuel economy. In this mode the gas pedal is less sensitive, the transmission upshifts more frequently, and cylinder deactivation will occur under certain circumstances. Your best mileage will come from this mode.
Does cylinder deactivation only happen in eco? I have been wondering about that. I havenā€™t gotten my BS yet but I have another trip or two this summer that I would like to take it on when it arrives. I would want the cylinder deactivation on the highway I would think. Though Iā€™m sure with the 70 mph speed limit and driving a brick through the wind I doubt it will happen most of the trip.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Does cylinder deactivation only happen in eco? I have been wondering about that. I havenā€™t gotten my BS yet but I have another trip or two this summer that I would like to take it on when it arrives. I would want the cylinder deactivation on the highway I would think. Though Iā€™m sure with the 70 mph speed limit and driving a brick through the wind I doubt it will happen most of the trip.
Iā€™m fairly certain cylinder deactivation is only used in Eco mode. And yes, at 70 mph it will deactivate a cylinder, assuming you remain at a steady speed. This is usually most noticeable when using adaptive cruise.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Took delivery of our OB on June 24. Drove to North Carolina, a trip of about 800 miles and got 33.5 on first tank and 31.5 on second tank on screen display. Calculated at about 29.5. A good mixture of highway and side roads and stop n go driving. Very pleased with the little 1.5 so far. A little underpowered on hills compared to the Escape 2.0 we traded in but love the ride and pretty much everything about the BS so far.
Use Sport mode on hills if youā€™d like it to feel a bit less sluggish.
Sponsored