Chief of the Boat

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport & 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
An electrical gremlin popped up on our 21 Badlands with 33,000 troublefree miles so far. While driving yesterday I turn on the right blinker and it is blinking fast on the dash indicator and you can hear the relay clicking at the same rate. The outside front and rear lamps are the normal blink rate. Left blinker and hazards work fine. Today when I made my first right turn it was normal blink rate after about 20 minutes of driving it started acting up.
Thoughts?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
An electrical gremlin popped up on our 21 Badlands with 33,000 troublefree miles so far. While driving yesterday I turn on the right blinker and it is blinking fast on the dash indicator and you can hear the relay clicking at the same rate. The outside front and rear lamps are the normal blink rate. Left blinker and hazards work fine. Today when I made my first right turn it was normal blink rate after about 20 minutes of driving it started acting up.
Thoughts?
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this turn signal concern? Thank you!

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
My wife's '20 EcoSport did the same thing when I changed the rear brake bulbs over to LEDS. I changed the brake light bulbs to LEDS on my '23 OBX with no problem.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Normally a bad bulb.

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's likely the brakes, mine did the same, 18k miles right brake light went bad

Michael G

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine just went bad also at only 12,700 miles.Blinker clicking fast and Right side brake light out.
My brother rented a BS while on a business trip a few months ago and encountered the same issue.
I guess it's a reacurring thing??

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had that happen on my 2021 Badlands, it was the brake light bulb. If you fix it yourself the black trim piece that's adjacent to the tail light housing can be tricky, if not careful the plastic tabs can easily be broken.

Michael G

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wanted to post an UPDATE:
The brake light has mysteriously returned and is now lighting up as normal. The turn signal indicator is sounding normal also. Not sure what is going on here?

We have had a lot of rain in Norcal lately?? Maybe the bulb is loose? I am going to cancel my service appointment until it goes out again. I hate when you take a vehicle in and the service dept. can't find the problem and I don't want to be without a vehicle for a day.

Anyone else had a similar thing happen???

Michael G

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
UPDATE:
It's bad again. It seems like after a day of driving in the rain it stopped working again. It's bee serval days without rain and it has started working again. So I will have to get it serviced.

Paradocks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid
Ford should go all LED lights in the back. Incandescent bulbs are so last century. All lighting in the front is high tech, including LED turn signals, right? Show the BS butt some love as well.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
UPDATE:
It's bad again. It seems like after a day of driving in the rain it stopped working again. It's bee serval days without rain and it has started working again. So I will have to get it serviced.
Hi there, Michael. These signal concerns doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco Sport. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored