Adjusting Momentary Turn Signal with FORScan?

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
There was TONS more information for my 2019 F-350 when I reprogrammed that. I used the advanced method and just changed registers to adjust the features. Easy-peasy. One of the things that I really enjoyed was adjusting the momentary turn signals that virtually every car has and has set to 3 blinks. For me, 3 blinks is about the time it takes me to do a head-check and prep for the lane change ... so, by the time I'm actually making the change, my turn signal is no longer on. On my truck, I set this 6 and it's absolutely perfect.

Does anyone know if there's a setting or register within FORScan for the BS that allows the setting of this interval?

I've looked and cannot find a spreadsheet specific to the BS like the ones that exist for the F-150 and Super Duty platforms. I have the auto start/stop turned off, all the chimes and horns disabled, and so on. But, I can't find anything on the turn signal setting.

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
67L48

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
Did you already check this post? I saw the turn signal setting but I don’t remember where. If you don’t see it on this post I can check my notes…

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/bronco-forscan-thread.844/
Short answer:
I've read that thread and didn't see what I was looking for. I've looked and read elsewhere and also was unsuccessful in finding what I was looking for. But I may have just missed it or searched poorly. I was hoping someone might have the quick answer for me.

Long answer:
Yes, but that thread has many problems associated with it:
  1. It begins before the BS was available for sale, so much of it is speculative and, as such, way off topic for a "here's how you do X" type of FORScan thread.
  2. There is no indexed or documented summary. In most other Ford forums, the FORScan thread has a living first post that is updated to contain the latest information, spreadsheet, notes, etc. This one here for the BS does not do that and those repositories of knowledge seem not to exist at all.
  3. Like most of these threads, it's poorly moderated such that it veers off topic constantly into all kinds of directions (see "What have you done TO your BS" for another great example of poor moderation), such that every other post is some inane comment, side-track, hijack, etc.
  4. Without satisfying (2) above, it's difficult to find what you're looking for and because of (3), the depth of any one subject is almost always pretty shallow and often unresolved.
Ultimately, this site just isn't very active with FORScan. That's not a criticism of anyone or a critique of the site -- I haven't produced any manuals, documents, or FORScan how-tos, either. It's just sort of a reality. Contrast that with a Ford Truck forum, and you'll find a wealth of information ... so much so that I programmed my truck by exclusively using the advanced technique of changing individual registers. Again, that's not a complaint and apologize if it seems as such.

I have found a pretty active community in the full size Bronco world, replete with its own spreadsheet. I just don't know how many of the settings, features, etc. translate to the BS. I assume that few do, since the platform is so different.

Thanks.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Short answer:
I've read that thread and didn't see what I was looking for. I've looked and read elsewhere and also was unsuccessful in finding what I was looking for. But I may have just missed it or searched poorly. I was hoping someone might have the quick answer for me.

Long answer:
Yes, but that thread has many problems associated with it:
  1. It begins before the BS was available for sale, so much of it is speculative and, as such, way off topic for a "here's how you do X" type of FORScan thread.
  2. There is no indexed or documented summary. In most other Ford forums, the FORScan thread has a living first post that is updated to contain the latest information, spreadsheet, notes, etc. This one here for the BS does not do that and those repositories of knowledge seem not to exist at all.
  3. Like most of these threads, it's poorly moderated such that it veers off topic constantly into all kinds of directions (see "What have you done TO your BS" for another great example of poor moderation), such that every other post is some inane comment, side-track, hijack, etc.
  4. Without satisfying (2) above, it's difficult to find what you're looking for and because of (3), the depth of any one subject is almost always pretty shallow and often unresolved.
Ultimately, this site just isn't very active with FORScan. That's not a criticism of anyone or a critique of the site -- I haven't produced any manuals, documents, or FORScan how-tos, either. It's just sort of a reality. Contrast that with a Ford Truck forum, and you'll find a wealth of information ... so much so that I programmed my truck by exclusively using the advanced technique of changing individual registers. Again, that's not a complaint and apologize if it seems as such.

I have found a pretty active community in the full size Bronco world, replete with its own spreadsheet. I just don't know how many of the settings, features, etc. translate to the BS. I assume that few do, since the platform is so different.

Thanks.
I 100% agree with all your comments and yes the bronco sport forum isn’t moderated but a few of us do attempt to do that for a couple (random) topics unfortunately FORScan isn’t one of those topics. I find I constantly block posts that veer off topic containing too much misinformation.

I maintain my own repository of vetted info for bronco sport including for FORScan but for whatever reason I failed to include the link to the turn signal info (it was specific to changing the default from 3 to 6). I recall not keeping the link because it was one of the obvious changes that matched to other ford vehicles (maybe bronco). When I get a chance I will search again.

Let’s hope someone else posts how to change the number of turn signal blinks!
Sponsored