fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
You’re on that next level. The entirety of my tuning ability is turning the knob to sport mode.
It's a disease, be thankful you don't have it. My bank account wishes I didnt. This was last summer's intercooler install.

Ford Bronco Sport Tuning the 3 cylinder front en.JPG

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
It's a disease, be thankful you don't have it. My bank account wishes I didnt. This was last summer's intercooler install.

Ford Bronco Sport Tuning the 3 cylinder front en.JPG
That's not a Bronco Sport tho........
Some cars are worth tuning and some are not..... (3 Cyl)

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's not a Bronco Sport tho........
Some cars are worth tuning and some are not..... (3 Cyl)
which is why I ultimately ended up with a badlands

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I think it's hilarious getting the 3 cyl modded. I would spend some cash on getting it closer to what you get in the fiesta st.

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But you know a Ford 2.0 is nothing like modding a VW 2.0 or Audi 2.0 Right?
No plans to actually mod the bronco, at least the power train, since I have another outlet for those impulses. Was a throwaway comment, like this thread since I didn’t get the 1.5. Few motors respond as well to mods as the ea888 in my vw, I’m aware.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
3 cyl can definitely be set up for serious speed. See the Toyota Yaris GR. That thing flies. Toyota just won’t sell them in North America.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The Yaris doesn't weigh nearly 4000 Lbs, so a hot 3 cylinder is fine. If you want power the 2.0 is a better base to start with.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i dunno. me personally i think the 1.5 does pretty well for an suv. i got the roadrunner and the power ram should i need to move fast. i totally understand why someone would mod a car to death, it is a total addiction.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Yaris doesn't weigh nearly 4000 Lbs, so a hot 3 cylinder is fine. If you want power the 2.0 is a better base to start with.
Well yeah, but the point is a 3 cyl can be made to fly :)

Personally, the 3 in the Bronco Sport is plenty of power for what it is. I find that this vehicle, compared to my Golf7 I traded in, is much much easier to just drive along at or near the speed limit. The Golf wanted to fly and was going to eventually get me one heck of a speeding ticket. The BS is fun in different ways.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Well yeah, but the point is a 3 cyl can be made to fly :)

Personally, the 3 in the Bronco Sport is plenty of power for what it is. I find that this vehicle, compared to my Golf7 I traded in, is much much easier to just drive along at or near the speed limit. The Golf wanted to fly and was going to eventually get me one heck of a speeding ticket. The BS is fun in different ways.
this.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
A Golf 7 and the BS are apples and oranges, along with your Yaris reference. The BS is a CUV that has offroad capability, the 2.0 liter version which I have does run pretty good, but I'm not out to win any races with it.
For me the extra power of the 2.0 makes for a better drive on the open road, especially when loaded and encountering any decent grade, it doesn't scream or bog or have trouble trying to figure out what gear it should be in like the 1.5's I've driven.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well, my experience might be limited. But, going from a 2000 Expedition 5.4, to the Bronco Sport 1.5, going down the freeway in Sport mode has some real pep. Acceleration is very responsive and kinda fun. But, I haven't done any long drives yet with it loaded up where I suspect I'll feel it start struggling.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Golf 7 and the BS are apples and oranges, along with your Yaris reference. The BS is a CUV that has offroad capability, the 2.0 liter version which I have does run pretty good, but I'm not out to win any races with it.
For me the extra power of the 2.0 makes for a better drive on the open road, especially when loaded and encountering any decent grade, it doesn't scream or bog or have trouble trying to figure out what gear it should be in like the 1.5's I've driven.
Of course they are apples to oranges to plums :)

The point I am making is simple: 3cly engines can be made fast - want them fast? Make them so. That is what Gazoo Racing did with the Yaris :)
The driving style that the BS is geared to is cruising along at "North American" speeds (dead slow) where the Golf7 is engineered for 2 to 3 times that speed. Remember, the Golf7 R can cruise all day at 268kmph, and the base Golf7 shares a lot of its dna. It was boring slow feeling at very illegal speeds. The BS is quite lovely at 80kmph and is much more suited to the road less traveled than a normal car is. In a very real way, cars designed for the autobahn system in Germany are utterly pointless on this continent because you cannot use them the way they are designed to be driven. You can use a BS as intended though, which is its own kind of fun.
Sponsored