Cobrablues

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
I also traded in my 2023 Big Bend for a 2024 Badlands. I couldn't pass up this deal. It had 500 miles on it at the dealer. Someone had bought it and sold it back. The dealership had to sell it to me as used. Window sticker was$44000. They dropped $10000 off and with the equity I had on my 2023, I got out the door for about $15000. They also gave me an incredible extended warranty and maintenance plans. It has every option available except Nav. I just use Android Auto.
I spent $775 in accessories. Receiver hitch, floor mats, side moldings and hood deflector.
It actually gets 2 mpg more than my 2023. It rides smoother than my 2023 also. I also noticed the hood doesn't begin to shake until about 85 mph and then it is barely noticeable.

I really liked the Big Bend which never failed me but I always wanted the 2.0

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I also traded in my 2023 Big Bend for a 2024 Badlands. I couldn't pass up this deal. It had 500 miles on it at the dealer. Someone had bought it and sold it back. The dealership had to sell it to me as used. Window sticker was$44000. They dropped $10000 off and with the equity I had on my 2023, I got out the door for about $15000. They also gave me an incredible extended warranty and maintenance plans. It has every option available except Nav. I just use Android Auto.
I spent $775 in accessories. Receiver hitch, floor mats, side moldings and hood deflector.
It actually gets 2 mpg more than my 2023. It rides smoother than my 2023 also. I also noticed the hood doesn't begin to shake until about 85 mph and then it is barely noticeable.

I really liked the Big Bend which never failed me but I always wanted the 2.0
Sounds like you got a good deal.

I'd add -- look at where you live. The Badlands was made for New Mexico! Which area of the state are you in?

We don't have nearly as much of a legit reason to have a BL. We live on what is considered a 'mountain' in the this part of Maryland (aka a 'hill' in NM), and the northern part of our road is not county maintained. It is a rough 2-track for a short distance, but we never go out that way unless it's obstructed to the south. In short, we'll probably occasionally use the capabilities of the Badlands, but even if we never/rarely do, at just ~$700 more than a OBX (IIRC) it was a great value, IMO.

Many BS BL owners would have an even harder time than we do justifying their purchase (not that they need to). My point is that the badlands is a no-brainer for those who live in most areas of the West.

ATLAS BLUE BADLANDS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BADLANDS
Well, I did it. After having the recall fixed for the possible cracked injector I traded my big bend for a badlands. The big bend has served me well with no issues.
Truth be told I am not pleased with Fords fix for the injector issue.
Admittedly I have never been happy with the way the 3cyl ran. It didn’t do anything bad but for me it lacked smoothness and any refinement. It could get up and go when pushed, but I prefer not to push my cars that hard unless I am playing.
I have nothing else but v-8 powered mustangs so I am absolutely biased there. Lazy big torque is what I am used to.

I am looking forward to starting my new journey with this one…

Mods will begin shortly

Just remember 3 clicks clockwise for Sport Mode fun - and the auto stop will not engage to boot.

Cobrablues

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
Sounds like you got a good deal.

I'd add -- look at where you live. The Badlands was made for New Mexico! Which area of the state are you in?

We don't have nearly as much of a legit reason to have a BL. We live on what is considered a 'mountain' in the this part of Maryland (aka a 'hill' in NM), and the northern part of our road is not county maintained. It is a rough 2-track for a short distance, but we never go out that way unless it's obstructed to the south. In short, we'll probably occasionally use the capabilities of the Badlands, but even if we never/rarely do, at just ~$700 more than a OBX (IIRC) it was a great value, IMO.

Many BS BL owners would have an even harder time than we do justifying their purchase (not that they need to). My point is that the badlands is a no-brainer for those who live in most areas of the West.
Thanks. I agree. We live in the Sandia Mountains about half way between Albuquerque and Santa Fe.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I agree. We live in the Sandia Mountains about half way between Albuquerque and Santa Fe.
Sweet!

My step-brother and his wife are in Santa Fe.

We were seriously considering moving to NM 30-35 years ago. We drove all over the state in 4WD vehicles, checking out different areas. One place we were looking at closely was the Silver City/Gila area. Then the prices skyrocketed -- the story we heard was that the LA Times had declared that Silver was the next great retirement mecca. Call someplace Paradise...

Anyway, what a beautiful state.

hellb0y

Big Bend
First Name
Hellish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
I’m waiting for the 25s - I want an updated interior badly before taking any moves

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Sorry, but the 2.0L is the way to go. Plenty of power and doesn't feel like it is going to blow up. (1.5L) lol
It's the way to go if you have the money but the Base Price of the BL was $6,000.00 more than the BB so it was out of my price range.Now if they offered the 2.0 Eco Boost in the BB for like $1,500.00 more i might have went that route but see post 10 about the Pedal Max with the 1.5 Eco Boost.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's the way to go if you have the money but the Base Price of the BL was $6,000.00 more than the BB so it was out of my price range.Now if they offered the 2.0 Eco Boost in the BB for like $1,500.00 more i might have went that route but see post 10 about the Pedal Max with the 1.5 Eco Boost.
They're all decent.

$6,000 additional is a lot.

I talked myself into thinking the (stripped) Badlands was good value by comparing it to the OBX, when actually comparing it to a stripped Base or Big Bend Trim might have been more accurate.

Our BS BL was $34,090 + $880 (tow package and cross bars) = $34,970. $1,495(!) destination brought it to $36,465.

BTW -- when people say they paid $X for a vehicle, and the price is crazy low I always wonder if they are including: destination and/or sales tax and/or title & tags. Not to mention: pin stripes; fabric guard; paint protection; extended warranties; undercoating; floor mats, etc., etc. The dealers around here were even selling a 'magic' disinfecting spray that was supposedly permanent and would kill the SARS-CoV-2 virus and other pecky microbes. It was only $1,600. You DO love your family, right? :cool:

Anyway, I can't recall the MSRP for the other trims, and the sources I've looked at vary. Cars.com sez:

"Pricing: Price increases are modest, at less than $400 for all but the top trim level. The base 2022 Bronco Sport starts at $28,910 — up $200 from 2021. The Bronco Sport’s four trim levels top out with the Badlands model, which starts at $35,585 — up $730 from 2021. All prices include a $1,495 destination charge."

That's a difference of $6,675.

<Later> I don't feel so good... :cool:

To be honest, even if I had looked at it that way (Base vs Badlands) I would have still went with the Badlands, but a very good case can be made for NOT doing that. $6,700 is a BIG difference. It may be more now, IDK. I do know the price of the Badlands jumped a lot in just the 3 months between when we ordered and took delivery -- maybe $1,200+.

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The 2.0 in sport mode is pretty darn quick. It isn’t the same as a lazy V8, but it’s not too bad. I normally drive now in normal mode trying to see if I can get a little better gas mileage. I still have “heavy foot syndrome “ so there might not be any help for me.

OP
OP
Jbrad88

Jbrad88

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Mach1, 2021 Mach1, 2023 Bronco Sport
The 2.0 in sport mode is pretty darn quick. It isn’t the same as a lazy V8, but it’s not too bad. I normally drive now in normal mode trying to see if I can get a little better gas mileage. I still have “heavy foot syndrome “ so there might not be any help for me.
from what little driving I have done so far I have to agree. This is going to be fun…

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depending upon whose numbers you believe, the Badlands can run 0 > 60 mph in ~6 seconds or a bit less (C&D mag.).

That's pretty quick by today's standards, let alone a few years ago. When I bought my 2002 WRX it had about the same specs (maybe 5.7 sec?) and that was considered fast.

Here's a list of 0 > 60 times for Ford vehicles (the site has all mfrs):
https://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/ford-0-60-mph-times/

The Badlands is faster than every Thunderbird (basically tied with one) and many Mustangs, as well as most other Ford vehicles -- except (obviously) the GT and some aftermarket tuned vehicles.

It's most impressive when holding a lower gear in manual mode and at a speed that has the turbo spooled up, then floored.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The Badlands is faster than every Thunderbird (basically tied with one) and many Mustangs, as well as most other Ford vehicles -- except (obviously) the GT and some aftermarket tuned vehicles.
In 1965-66 Carrol Shelby performed his magic on the then relatively new Mustang coupe to create the Shelby GT350. Shelby intended the car for track use, to the point the rear seat was replaced with a fiberglass shelf to stow your helmet and other race gear. Owing to its purpose, the car featured a highly breathed-on 289 cubic inch V8 making 300+ hp , and extensive suspension and brake mods. Due in part to its under $4,000 price tag, it was among the most highly coveted cars of its time.

According to Autoevolution, the car was tested to accelerate to 100 kph (62 mph) in 6.7 seconds.

Who could have predicted that Ford would someday produce what's essentially a family truckster with less than half the engine displacement that would easily out accelerate what was arguably the best performing production car in the world in the mid 1960s?
Sponsored