Jbrad88

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Mach1, 2021 Mach1, 2023 Bronco Sport
Well, I did it. After having the recall fixed for the possible cracked injector I traded my big bend for a badlands. The big bend has served me well with no issues.
Truth be told I am not pleased with Fords fix for the injector issue.
Admittedly I have never been happy with the way the 3cyl ran. It didnā€™t do anything bad but for me it lacked smoothness and any refinement. It could get up and go when pushed, but I prefer not to push my cars that hard unless I am playing.
I have nothing else but v-8 powered mustangs so I am absolutely biased there. Lazy big torque is what I am used to.

I am looking forward to starting my new journey with this oneā€¦

Mods will begin shortly
Sponsored

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition
Well, I did it. After having the recall fixed for the possible cracked injector I traded my big bend for a badlands. The big bend has served me well with no issues.
Admittedly I have never been happy with the way the 3cyl ran. It didnā€™t do anything bad but for me it lacked smoothness and any refinement. It could get up and go when pushed, but I prefer not to push my cars that hard unless I am playing.
I have nothing else but v-8 powered mustangs so I am absolutely biased there. Lazy big torque is what I am used to.

Mods will begin shortly
Pic or it didnā€™t happen šŸ˜‰

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
The 2.0 has that torque that smooth power. Around town barely touch the pedal your off and away up to speed in no time. And if you ever have to pass on the highway not a problem lots of power.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Have two 2.0s and had it in my '14 Escape. 250/280 compared to 240/270 in the Escapes. And the newer twin-scroll turbo. My '22 is also several hundred pounds lighter. Noticeable difference compared to my '14.

It really scoots. Better mileage, too. 500 miles on a tank when I drive from MA to OBX.

My first new car was a 65-hp '83 Rabbit L.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Jbrad88

Jbrad88

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 2.0 has that torque that smooth power. Around town barely touch the pedal your off and away up to speed in no time. And if you ever have to pass on the highway not a problem lots of power.
thatā€™s what I prefer. I am looking forward to some seat time.
need to spend a day doing paint correction and ceramic coat as soon as the weather clears up around here.

OP
OP
Jbrad88

Jbrad88

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have two 2.0s and had it in my '14 Escape. 250/280 compared to 240/270 in the Escapes. And the newer twin-scroll turbo. My '22 is also several hundred pounds lighter. Noticeable difference compared to my '14.

It really scoots. Better mileage, too. 500 miles on a tank when I drive from MA to OBX.

My first new car was a 65-hp '83 Rabbit L.
my older brother had a Diesel Rabbit back in 1980

I had the 2.0 in an escape as a fleet car one year and it never left you wanting for more.

This should be fun

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
One of my daughters purchased a post diesel gate CPO VW Passat TDI 2.0, it gets fantastic fuel mileage, much better than my Badlands.

You'll enjoy the Badlands, the drivetrain is a hoot, be careful where the wheels are pointed if smashing the go pedal.

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

Mods will begin shortly
Speaking of the 1.5 not runny smooth,mom was in with me last night coming back from dinner we ate dinner out with family for her B'Day she turned 82.I came up to a red light auto start stop turned off and she said why's the seat vibrating i put it in neutral until the light turned green and she said it was a little better less vibration.I would have liked a Badlands but was out of my price range.I'm glad i installed the Pedal Max throttle responsive is greatly improved and the BB is much more enjoyable to drive with it.

S Duncan

Outer Banks
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

Mods will begin shortly
How long did you have the BB? I gave an Outer Banks.

bstn rnr

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I think the 1.5 trim is fine for most people, and more affordable. However, I've yet to see someone on any forum trade their Badlands for a lower trim. Enjoy. I'm taking mine to Moab next month. Can't wait to hit the dirt roads.

OP
OP
Jbrad88

Jbrad88

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the 1.5 trim is fine for most people, and more affordable. However, I've yet to see someone on any forum trade their Badlands for a lower trim. Enjoy. I'm taking mine to Moab next month. Can't wait to hit the dirt roads.
I have to agree with you. The BB was fine as a daily urban assault vehicle. Especially for short hops like carpools, grocery runs, gym etc...Looking forward to reading about your trip to Moab. I need to take advantage of this vehicles capabilities and start getting out and about more...

MAGPLM

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands & 2023 Maverick AWD FX4
Sorry, but the 2.0L is the way to go. Plenty of power and doesn't feel like it is going to blow up. (1.5L) lol
Sponsored