bsobx_in_obx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Handled the soft sand like a pro. The only issue was the ground clearance. There were times when I went into the deep ruts and plowed some sand, but it never stopped moving. I had a blast!

I have 235/65/18 Falken Wildpeak AT Trail tires on and I aired down to around 18 psi.

Ford Bronco Sport Took my Outer Banks to the Outer Banks this weekend - experience & pics 66e34241-4469-4781-8d19-c489072c605d

Ford Bronco Sport Took my Outer Banks to the Outer Banks this weekend - experience & pics DSC04407-Edit
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
bsobx_in_obx

bsobx_in_obx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was in Oak Island this weekend and didnā€™t dare. Outstanding.
Nice! This is in Ocracoke. A few weeks ago we went into the beaches around Fort Fisher on a whim. I only aired down to around 22 psi then and the ruts there are a lot deeper than at Ocracoke. It still did really well. Never stopped moving. I got some very surprised looks from people on their lifted trucks.

Oban

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have 235/65/18 Falken Wildpeak AT Trail tires on and I aired down to around 18 psi.
How are you liking those? Had any issues, noticeable mpg change? Looking to get those and trying to decide on size.

OP
OP
bsobx_in_obx

bsobx_in_obx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How are you liking those? Had any issues, noticeable mpg change? Looking to get those and trying to decide on size.
Theyā€™re great! I havenā€™t seen any effect on MPG. I still get around 28-32 on the highway. They perform really well on the road and on dirt and gravel. Theyā€™re awesome on sand too where some of the more aggressive AT tires may not perform as well. I went with the 235/65/18, which give the car a much better look IMO. I think you can even go up to 245 without any rubbing.

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Handled the soft sand like a pro. The only issue was the ground clearance. There were times when I went into the deep ruts and plowed some sand, but it never stopped moving. I had a blast!

Ford Bronco Sport Took my Outer Banks to the Outer Banks this weekend - experience & pics 66e34241-4469-4781-8d19-c489072c605d

Ford Bronco Sport Took my Outer Banks to the Outer Banks this weekend - experience & pics DSC04407-Edit
How do you air the tires back up?

OP
OP
bsobx_in_obx

bsobx_in_obx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How do you air the tires back up?
I have a compressor that I plug into the 12V outlet. You can get them for pretty cheap on Amazon. It takes about 3-5 minutes per tire to air back up to about 30psi. This one here: https://a.co/d/bYwgUSH. Itā€™s very cheap and loud but it works great. Hasnā€™t failed me yet in the last few months.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Way better sky than I've had at Ocean Shores, Wa.
Ford Bronco Sport Took my Outer Banks to the Outer Banks this weekend - experience & pics IMG_8467.JPG

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

The ground clearance is really the biggest issue with these and the limited tire size. Changing the tire size by an inch doesnā€™t really help much when most folks are 4 wheeling now with 37ā€™s and the ruts are corresponding.

pauldcooke1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Great photos! I have driven my OBX to Corolla 3 times now with the factory Michelin Primacy's. I aired them down and put in sand mode. There were a few deep sections that worried me, and I could hear it bottoming out, but she just kept on going. I have ordered BFGoodrich Trail Terrain 235/60/18. I will have them this week. I have a trip planned back to the Outer Banks in September and will see if there is any difference on the sand with the new tires. I hope to drive on the beaches of Cape Hatteras as well.

jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Awesome pictures! I have Michelin's on mine. I'm hoping for some good performance!
Sponsored