OP
bsobx_in_obx

bsobx_in_obx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Awesome pictures! I have Michelin's on mine. I'm hoping for some good performance!
The tires without so much bite tend to do better because they'll float on top rather than dig in. Just make sure to air down to 15-20 psi and it should do really well. It honestly didn't struggle once on soft sand. The only issue was the bottom dragging on the deep ruts and accidentally hitting it at times when bouncing on the sand going 20-25 MPH.
Sponsored

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Nice! This is in Ocracoke. A few weeks ago we went into the beaches around Fort Fisher on a whim. I only aired down to around 22 psi then and the ruts there are a lot deeper than at Ocracoke. It still did really well. Never stopped moving. I got some very surprised looks from people on their lifted trucks.

Have you ever checked out the OBX Towing Facebook Page? I realize there are a ton of idiots out there that donā€™t air down and drive vehicles not suited for sand but it almost scares me to even want to hit the sand with my Sport. On the other hand Iā€™m considering retiring to the OBX and starting a beach towing company.

OP
OP
bsobx_in_obx

bsobx_in_obx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Have you ever checked out the OBX Towing Facebook Page? I realize there are a ton of idiots out there that donā€™t air down and drive vehicles not suited for sand but it almost scares me to even want to hit the sand with my Sport. On the other hand Iā€™m considering retiring to the OBX and starting a beach towing company.
Ha, yep Iā€™ve seen it. Was telling my wife just that while we were there. Those towing companies must make a good chunk of change towing people out. Donā€™t be scared though. Iā€™ve been driving on the beach for a long time with different vehicles and was super impressed with the Sport. If you air down you will be fine. I went into deep soft sand and it did beautifully. I think the lighter weight helps a lot.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Nice! Been going to Corolla since 1990. As mentioned, lots of folks get stuck not airing down. Soft sand at the end 12 in Corolla to access the 4x4 area.
Sponsored