Tire recommendations Big Bend

CG sport 22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I want to go with a bigger ,more aggressive AT tire for our Big Bend and I have narrowed it down to two. The Falken wildpeake AT 3w or Nitto Terra Grappler G2. I would like to go with a 245 65 17. I have read through different post on this size tire and it seems there is no rubbing issues . I would like to hear from any of you that have a Big Bend if you have switched to this size tire as to how you like it so far. I would also appreciate any feedback on these two tires. I have wildpeakes on my Tacoma and like them but two tire shops recommended the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 for the Bronco sport. I believe both are good tires just wandering your thoughts if you have either on your sport. I have been lurking since we bought our Sport, lots of great information on this site! Thanks and I appreciate any insight you might give in helping me make a decision it's much appreciated.
Sponsored

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I ran the Falkens 245 65 17 before the lift with no problems. Haven't used the nitto's to comment on. I do like the Falkens.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I have the Falken 235/65-17 AT3w on my Badlands. I like them a lot so far.

OP
OP

CG sport 22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did the ride change much from the factory tires ? MPG change much? Thanks for your feedback it's really appreciated!

sentient64

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra, Mini Cooper S, Bronco Sport
I have the Nitto's on my Xterra and got them because they were lighter than most of the competition for an AT in 285/70/17. I've had them in the rocks of Colorado (did the Alpine loop and Poughkeepsie Gulch) and the desert of SE NM with no issues so far. Haven't seen snow so I'm not sure of their performance there. The ones I have are P rated so construction wise they should be similar to the 245/60/17s. I'm seriously contemplating them for our OB if I can talk the wife into stepping down to 17s as 255/55/18 seems to be pushing the limit and we plan to use ours off road some.

OP
OP

CG sport 22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have the Falken 235/65-17 AT3w on my Badlands. I like them a lot so far.
I started researching this and I didn't realize that these were an option that came on some Bronco sports as OE. I am starting to lean in this direction as I believe I can accomplish my goal of a more aggressive look and it basically keeps all the same with the tires as far as weight goes at 31 pounds. I really like the look of the 245 but believe the 235 will keep the speedometer , MPG and all about the same since it's OE and perform well out on the road . I have an appointment next Thursday to get them put on so who knows I may change my mind in the meantime! My understanding is the 235 has a slightly different sidewall ? I have these tires on my Tacoma and absolutely love the looks and the way they perform. I hope the 235 will be no different on the Bronco Sport! Thanks for your feedback and if anyone else has the 235 wildpeakes please let me know how you like them.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Falken 235/65-17 AT3w is a size that is made specifically for Ford. It does have some small differences from the other sizes in order to meet Ford’s noise and mileage specs. I do believe they are not quite as “tough” as the 245 because of the changes to meet the specs for Ford to use them as an OEM option.

OP
OP

CG sport 22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Falken 235/65-17 AT3w is a size that is made specifically for Ford. It does have some small differences from the other sizes in order to meet Ford’s noise and mileage specs. I do believe they are not quite as “tough” as the 245 because of the changes to meet the specs for Ford to use them as an OEM option.
That is exactly the way I understand it! I am going to take a look tomorrow as my dealership will have them in but can't get me til next week. I really like the fact that these were made for Ford but I do want an aggressive look. From what I can tell from pictures on here from people that have the 235 65 17 wildpeakes they look really good ! I believe it's very minor differences. Thanks for the information!

OP
OP

CG sport 22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I got the wildpeake 235 in today and it's not going to work for us. My wife has seen mine on The Tacoma and they just don't look the same as Falken has scaled them back for Ford, especially the aggressive nature of the sidewalls. I was originally going with the 245 but starting reading about weight and MPG not being accurate, speedometer wrong? Am I reading too much Into it and worrying for nothing? I have seen several on here running 245 65 17 and the look great! Is there another brand of tire with a 235 that has an aggressive " tough" sidewall? My dealership is getting me a Toyo open country at3 in Monday to look at do they have the aggressive look? Thanks from the guy who overanalyzes everything! Lol

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I got the wildpeake 235 in today and it's not going to work for us. My wife has seen mine on The Tacoma and they just don't look the same as Falken has scaled them back for Ford, especially the aggressive nature of the sidewalls. I was originally going with the 245 but starting reading about weight and MPG not being accurate, speedometer wrong? Am I reading too much Into it and worrying for nothing? I have seen several on here running 245 65 17 and the look great! Is there another brand of tire with a 235 that has an aggressive " tough" sidewall? My dealership is getting me a Toyo open country at3 in Monday to look at do they have the aggressive look? Thanks from the guy who overanalyzes everything! Lol
I would go with the 245’s as others have said. As you have seen, it’s the look of the sidewall that makes the difference not the actual size. No one can see the difference in size but the aggressive sidewall makes them look much bigger.

These are the 235’s. Much more rounded than square on the edges to reduce noise.

Ford Bronco Sport Tire recommendations Big Bend F65D571C-C48B-42B4-B38F-414524387387

Last edited:
OP
OP

CG sport 22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
toyo open country 245 /65 /17 , no rub 👍🏻
Ford Bronco Sport Tire recommendations Big Bend A5941BEC-292F-4DB8-B3E1-20EE2AC23C0C
How long have you had those and how do you like the way they drive? Is that the AT 3? My dealership is getting 1 in so I can take a look. I have decided to either go with those are the Falken in 245 65 17. The Toyo are 5 pounds less per tire and seem to have really good reviews like the Falken. They also have two different sidewalls on the tire with one looking more aggressive is that correct? Thanks!

kennyroo

Big Bend
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How long have you had those and how do you like the way they drive? Is that the AT 3? My dealership is getting 1 in so I can take a look. I have decided to either go with those are the Falken in 245 65 17. The Toyo are 5 pounds less per tire and seem to have really good reviews like the Falken. They also have two different sidewalls on the tire with one looking more aggressive is that correct? Thanks!
yes AT3, they drive like stock, no noise difference. i also got these because they were rated for 60k miles in comparison to KO2’s and Falkens along with the weight. theres only one sidewall pattern for AT3
Ford Bronco Sport Tire recommendations Big Bend 12F60FC8-754A-471A-AD0F-05439D85420D

OP
OP

CG sport 22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
yes AT3, they drive like stock, no noise difference. i also got these because they were rated for 60k miles in comparison to KO2’s and Falkens along with the weight. theres only one sidewall pattern for AT3
Ford Bronco Sport Tire recommendations Big Bend 12F60FC8-754A-471A-AD0F-05439D85420D
Looks great! I had seen a video and a guy showed one side of the tire had flat letters and the other side had raised letters and the sidewall pattern was slightly different on each side. The Nitto G2 does that I just figured it was something Toyo was doing. I have one coming Monday to take a look at. They seem to be great tires ! Thanks so much for your response! I hate to bother you guys but these tires will stay for hopefully the next 40/50 k so I want to make sure I get her the right tire as far as quality and the look she is wanting . Thanks again

tennisbp

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Looks great! I had seen a video and a guy showed one side of the tire had flat letters and the other side had raised letters and the sidewall pattern was slightly different on each side. The Nitto G2 does that I just figured it was something Toyo was doing. I have one coming Monday to take a look at. They seem to be great tires ! Thanks so much for your response! I hate to bother you guys but these tires will stay for hopefully the next 40/50 k so I want to make sure I get her the right tire as far as quality and the look she is wanting . Thanks again
Here's another shot on of the TOYO OC AT3s in the 235/65r17 size. Just so you can see. As mentioned by others, the road noise is the same or less than the stock Pirelli Scorpions, ride feels better overall, minus the slight squirm you get from AT tires but that's expected. The weight of each tire at 31 lbs was a large factor for me to go with the TOYOs.

Ford Bronco Sport Tire recommendations Big Bend IMG_0997-2
Sponsored