OP
OP

CG sport 22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Here's another shot on of the TOYO OC AT3s in the 235/65r17 size. Just so you can see. As mentioned by others, the road noise is the same or less than the stock Pirelli Scorpions, ride feels better overall, minus the slight squirm you get from AT tires but that's expected. The weight of each tire at 31 lbs was a large factor for me to go with the TOYOs.

Ford Bronco Sport Tire recommendations Big Bend IMG_0997-2
Nice ! Thank you, I am anxious to see that one up close and personal Monday. I really like the weight of these and they seem to have great reviews. Any noticeable mileage difference?
Sponsored

tennisbp

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice ! Thank you, I am anxious to see that one up close and personal Monday. I really like the weight of these and they seem to have great reviews. Any noticeable mileage difference?
I have very few miles on them right now, so I cannot really comment on MPG change. From all the reviews I read on these specific tires, I expect to see a 1-2 mpg loss. That is pretty typical for AT tires.

OP
OP

CG sport 22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Toyo open country AT3 going on Thursday! They looked good , the weight is close to the Falken 235 so I believe these are a good option. Thanks for all your help. I went with the 245 , I guess I went with go big or go home theory! Lol. Reality according the spec sheet the two were virtually the same weight so I figured why not if they don't rub like numerous guys have said.

Last edited:
OP
OP

CG sport 22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well tires went on today! Little did I know that as I posted the message about the Toyo , my wife had called the dealership and Changed to Falken wildpeake AT3w 245 65 17. She just really liked them on my truck. They change the look of the vehicle that is for sure. Drives good and no rub, it's close at full lock but a little room to spare.
Ford Bronco Sport Tire recommendations Big Bend IMG_20220728_155014338_HDR
Ford Bronco Sport Tire recommendations Big Bend IMG_20220728_153940858_HDR

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CharlesBianco.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2015 Z51 Corvette
Just as an added sidenote:

When shopping for tires, make sure to check for an "LT" and "XL". These letters are very important.

LT = Light Truck - which you would THINK includes the Ford Bronco Sport, however, it is intended for larger construction-style vehicles, and therefore are much heavier than the standard all-terrain passenger-rated tires. Your fuel consumption (and subsequently engine stress to get to speed) is going to suffer more than you may think because of its weight.

XL (vs SL) = Load Capacity - tires are built to handle a specific load amount, SL is a standard load (what we all likely use) and XL is a greater capacity (which we likely don't use). The difference, of course, is the durability and weight of the tire. The XL will provide stronger material and will therefore be heavier, once again compromising fuel economy and engine stress.

These metrics are especially important for the non-Badlands Bronco Sport's who have the i3 engines.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Anybody know the tire weight of those slick OEM Continental 225’s that came stock on the lower trim BS’s ?
My 235 Yoko Geo’s are 32.9 pounds each
The 235 65 R17’s Toyo at3’s are 34 pounds,,,,

Last edited:

MeTheGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Anybody know the tire weight of those slick OEM Continental 225’s that came stock on the lower trim BS’s ?
My 235 Yoko Geo’s are 32.9 pounds each
The 235 65 R17’s Toyo at3’s are 34 pounds,,,,
Continental website says 24 lbs each. My BS has a set of them. Spare tire doesn't match lol.
Sponsored