Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Looking at the tire pressure from the factory, the tires are at 41-42 psi...that seemed a bit high to me, anyone else experience this? Should I let some air out or is it just because they're new and after a few miles they'll drop off naturally?
Sponsored

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
My tires were all different PSI when I took delivery. I adjusted the pressure to the recommendation level.

Michigunman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Set them to what is on the sticker insider driver door. Tires should be as close to "cold" as possible.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Looking at the tire pressure from the factory, the tires are at 41-42 psi...that seemed a bit high to me, anyone else experience this? Should I let some air out or is it just because they're new and after a few miles they'll drop off naturally?
Be sure they are cold when checked. Depending on conditions, if you've been driving the pressure can go up six or seven pounds.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If that is the cold tire pressure reading, that is the psi needed to seat the tires during installation at the factory.
The tire pressure should have been readjusted during PDI at the dealer to what the placard psi values are.

jayzala

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
I let out a lot of air in my tires, they were 40psi when I took delivery.

I believe they over inflate them since they will sit on the rail car while it is in transit for a while so they don't want any flat spots on the tire when it is stationary for a long time.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I let out a lot of air in my tires, they were 40psi when I took delivery.

I believe they over inflate them since they will sit on the rail car while it is in transit for a while so they don't want any flat spots on the tire when it is stationary for a long time.
Correct. Dealer should then adjust during PDI, but hey...

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine were at 35PSI when I bought it.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The pressure is set high during transportation to keep vehicle stable.
Dealers are supposed to deflate them to 35.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
42 PSI all around when picked up. PDI was formality. Reset to 33 PSI (per door sticker) after nite in garage. Rides nice now.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Come on guys, these vehicles sit unattended for months. Tires all loose a little air over time.
And,
If they put 33 psi in them they’d wobble all over the car carriers, chains would get loose.
You all got over filled tires because the lower paid workers who prep cars at your dealership don’t give a crap anymore.
They pull it in the shop not caring that the hot sun on one side raised the tire pressure by three or four psi.

Last edited:

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
Tire pressure was an issue back in '19 when I got my Ranger. Rangers are built in Michigan, so the over inflation has more to do with seating tires initially. I also think the higher pressure works better on the assembly line as well.

barry

Big Bend
First Name
barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Mine was 42--they due that so they dont bounce too much while on the transport carrier--The dealer is supposed to change the tire pressure upon new car prep

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I completely understand the high pressure during shipping but I expected the dealer to adjust the pressure prior to delivery. Then again, I have developed a habit of checking tire pressures myself before AND after every service. I have routinely found tires under or over inflated following service. Not sure if it is pure incompetence or an attempt to sell more tires.
Sponsored