Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
As the weather cools down, be sure to keep track of your tire pressure. Here in NC, the temperature is dropping into the 40's and 50's and my pressure is already down about 4 psi. Be aware.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
yeah that's one of the advantages of Nitrogen...replacing with larger molecules helps reduce the leak/shrink as weather changes. Here in MI we are expecting 30 on Friday.

OP
OP
Barry S.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
yeah that's one of the advantages of Nitrogen...replacing with larger molecules helps reduce the leak/shrink as weather changes. Here in MI we are expecting 30 on Friday.
In NC, if it goes to 30, they consider closing schools. A half inch of snow and they close for a week.😨

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
lol I'm in SE Michigan. We close if it's 30 below, I think the threshold is 20 below zero for safety of the kids. Snow, we need impassible roads which is typically 6+ inches. We also have snow removal equipment and drivers experienced with snow/ice. Kids also have warmer clothing for the long depths of winter. It's different :) Our son plays college baseball here in the Detroit area, most of his games were played below 40 degrees when they were home.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It's different :)
I spent four years of my Air Force-brat childhood between Minot and Grand Forks, ND. My first duty assignment was Rapid City, SD, and my final duty assignment was...you guessed it, Grand Forks, ND. All told, I spent nearly a decade of my life in the Dakotas. Yeah, it's different...LOL!

I remember one extremely cold winter in Rapid City in the early 80s. It never got above zero fahrenheit for the entire month of December. Neither my roommate nor I had block heaters on our cars, so we traded off every two hours each night to start the cars, otherwise they would not start in the morning. For the entire month. Fun times...

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
As the weather cools down, be sure to keep track of your tire pressure. Here in NC, the temperature is dropping into the 40's and 50's and my pressure is already down about 4 psi. Be aware.
90 here tomorrow. Still rocking summer clothes.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
... Air-force brat childhood ... Grand Forks, ND ...
My dad, 1919 - 2010, was in Salina, KS and Grand Island, NE prepping B-17s and B-24s during WWII. Then flight engineer for Gen. Travis' B-17. Frostbite on his ears while working on bombers. They were supposed to watch each other while working outside in winter. Dad never liked cold when I was a kid.

Dad's WWII pictures.

(135) My Father's WWII Photos | VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum

Last edited: