carlosnasc

Badlands
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
I've installed it in my Bronco Sport but I do not recommend! Too much wind noise =/

carlosnasc

Badlands
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
I got it from www.etrailer.com. Highly recommend that website. They have been great.

I also have this alternate setup as well. Let me know if you have any questions!

Ford Bronco Sport Thule HD Crossbar Roof Rack System installed 34CB6576-F01B-43DF-AEA8-5AED2505C177
Does this basket stopped the whistle?

I have the same crossbar but the wind noise is terrible with the window opened

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Does this basket stopped the whistle?

I have the same crossbar but the wind noise is terrible with the window opened
I would say the wind noise or whistle is greatly reduced with the basket setup. Maybe 75 percent gone with the basket and 90 percent gone with the fairing. Still greatly reduced either way and tolerable with the windows down now. Hope that helps.

carlosnasc

Badlands
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
I would say the wind noise or whistle is greatly reduced with the basket setup. Maybe 75 percent gone with the basket and 90 percent gone with the fairing. Still greatly reduced either way and tolerable with the windows down now. Hope that helps.
Great! Thanks =)

SnowReaper

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

kbroderick

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 3.5EB
Anyone put the Thule Evo 127 (50") crossbar on? It seems like they'd be plenty wide enough, but Thule selects the 135 (53") if I shop by vehicle. The goal would be to put a ski box (and possibly bike racks, eventually) up top, so I don't think I need to maximize width and would love to reduce the head-injury risk.

mankey_bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Anyone put the Thule Evo 127 (50") crossbar on? It seems like they'd be plenty wide enough, but Thule selects the 135 (53") if I shop by vehicle. The goal would be to put a ski box (and possibly bike racks, eventually) up top, so I don't think I need to maximize width and would love to reduce the head-injury risk.

I have the Thule Evo 135 on my Big Bend. It sticks out a bit however I like the extra space for surfboards. I do recommend getting the 450 R rapid crossroads as the foot pad. I tried out the raised rail foot pads which did fit on the Evo bars however the Broncos existing racks did not fit. I recommend to check out rackattack.com they have a lot of options if you search for the bronco as well as attachments.

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I just installed the Thule HD crossbar system on my Big Bend. If anyone is curious, and wants more specs than the Ford accessories page offers, the kit consists of Wingbar Evo 135 crossbars and Rapid Crossroad 450R feet.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule HD Crossbar Roof Rack System installed B5552203-9DB6-4ACF-8542-0DBA98DAE936

Ford Bronco Sport Thule HD Crossbar Roof Rack System installed 58A3700D-566C-4768-AC98-A62447CF82F6
What are the position/placement of the bars? (inches wise)

Hect0r0ftr0y

Outer Banks
First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Just ordered the Thule crossbars! A few tips to help those shopping cross bars:

Part Numbers:
Yakima VM1PZ-7855100-A Link. Price $559
Thule VM1PZ-7855100-C Link. Price $369

Then, if you go to Ford Parts website you might save a bit. They were full price at my dealer but i checked a bunch of dealers in my area and found many dealers have them discounted and FREE shipping to your house. Found a different dealer had them for $287, and the site has
Typically the service and parts departments are right next to each other. You need to have service redeem them, and you just pay the difference (if applicable). Parts just gave the box to service to finish it, took like 2 extra minutes.
After reading this post and seeing the rack I did this very thing. Went with my service department guy to redeem 42k points which is $210. However, I had gotten a gift card for my “inconvenience” on my F150 set to expire for $250.

My point is that your service guy is key and between both, I had a zero balance. Don’t let them tell you no.

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150