This is the example of how not to install trailer hitch...

OP
OP
jzombie

jzombie

Big Bend
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Update: New Bumper coming in and installed at the end of the week. BUT... they said the one made for factory-installed hitch doesn't fit Base Camps because of different swaybar mounts?
They did also order me a completely new bronco that has a factory-installed hitch (and so so many other things) but isn't set for production until the beginning of June.
Sponsored

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I'm not going to post the dealer because they are doing the best they can to remedy the situation, but after the OEM hitch came in that I wrapped into my deal, it's not looking pretty. I was in complete and utter shock. They obviously did not take the hippocratic oath.
I've read all the other posts so don't start with the "why didn't you get one with a hitch factory installed?" The short answer is that some ahole rear-ended me in my Jeep and it was totaled and I needed a new car immediately. This was what was on the list.
They're going to get me a new bumper that has the cutouts from the factory.
But without further ado:
Ford Bronco Sport This is the example of how not to install trailer hitch... PXL_20220322_140204761

Ford Bronco Sport This is the example of how not to install trailer hitch... PXL_20220322_141832131
I keep telling my 10 year old to quit stealing my tools and doing side jobs for absurd amounts of money 🤣 🤣

Last edited:

Grift3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Update: New Bumper coming in and installed at the end of the week. BUT... they said the one made for factory-installed hitch doesn't fit Base Camps because of different swaybar mounts?
They did also order me a completely new bronco that has a factory-installed hitch (and so so many other things) but isn't set for production until the beginning of June.
Holy hell mate, they jacked your bumper and are getting you a whole new one!? Christ mine had 2 manufacturer defects and all I got was an extended warranty, good for you!! Sucks about the time frame and wait, but least its temporary.

OP
OP
jzombie

jzombie

Big Bend
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Holy hell mate, they jacked your bumper and are getting you a whole new one!? Christ mine had 2 manufacturer defects and all I got was an extended warranty, good for you!! Sucks about the time frame and wait, but least its temporary.
well, they are going to fix the bumper (or try) but I had to buy it off the lot at the time and they knew I was not in love with it. Like I said in the original post, they are trying to make it right with a sweet trade-in deal.

Grift3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
They tried to tell me that it wouldn't fit my base model, and I called them out on that BS (hahah the other type of BS) and this is what is on order now. I told them if they needed to order a fresh bumper anyway, might as well get this one.
*edit: when I meant "time of purchase" I meant back in October when I get my BS. since then I did me research ; )
So does it only not fit on the Base? Im a bit confused on the whole bumper thing. I have an OB and Im hoping to add an OEM hitch and bumper down the road

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Wow! I am going with the OEM bumper with cutout! Even then should I risk the dealer doing it?

Did they gouge up anything else when removing the tail lights , etc?

Last edited:

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I’m thinking your dealer doesn’t get that the Ford catalog IS NOT ALWAYS CORRECT. It’s pretty sad that corporate can’t seem to get the part numbers, but a bunch of BS owners can manage to not only find the part numbers, but share with our local dealerships so we get the right items. 😵💫

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
well, they are going to fix the bumper (or try) but I had to buy it off the lot at the time and they knew I was not in love with it. Like I said in the original post, they are trying to make it right with a sweet trade-in deal.
I'll respect anyone willing to admit their mistake, and to find a way to make it right. Crap happens. Own it.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I call Bull. I pulled the vin from a Badlands and got that bumper with factory hitch cuts on my Outerbanks. Part number is M1PZ-17906-SC Show them the pictures on this thread page 2.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/factory-bumper-with-oem-trailer-hitch-cuts.3515/

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did your dealer install? What electrical wiring did you order?
Dealer installed it.
Trailer Tow Wiring Kit - FT1Z-15A416-A
Factory Trailer Hitch Kit Class II - M1PZ-19D520-B
Factory Bumper With Hitch Cuts - M1PZ-17906-SC

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Dealer installed it.
Trailer Tow Wiring Kit - FT1Z-15A416-A
Factory Trailer Hitch Kit Class II - M1PZ-19D520-B
Factory Bumper With Hitch Cuts - M1PZ-17906-SC
Nice! Just to confirm the bumper with hitch cuts will fit a Badlands with no cutting?

How much was the install not including the parts? Will use that with my local dealer.

Any problems such as chipped paint by the tail lights, scuffed interior?

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice! Just to confirm the bumper with hitch cuts will fit a Badlands with no cutting?

How much was the install not including the parts? Will use that with my local dealer.

Any problems such as chipped paint by the tail lights, scuffed interior?
The part # was pulled from a Badlands vin so it'll fit a Badlands n/p.

I got it done back in January and I don't have the paper work, but getting the bumper and hitch installed was easy. The issue was with the wiring. There's no rear wiring harness to plug into so they had to run the wire up to the engine compartment to hook up to the battery and that required taking apart some the interior to run it. If you're not towing anything and just using things like baskets and bike racks then it might not even be worth doing.

Everything was fine, nothing chipped or scuffed. There are tabs on the bumper that come without paint (below the tail lights), but you can just use your existing tabs from the old bumper, so nothing needs to be painted. Just incase they bring it up because of the diagram.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The part # was pulled from a Badlands vin so it'll fit a Badlands n/p.

I got it done back in January and I don't have the paper work, but getting the bumper and hitch installed was easy. The issue was with the wiring. There's no rear wiring harness to plug into so they had to run the wire up to the engine compartment to hook up to the battery and that required taking apart some the interior to run it. If you're not towing anything and just using things like baskets and bike racks then it might not even be worth doing.

Everything was fine, nothing chipped or scuffed. There are tabs on the bumper that come without paint (below the tail lights), but you can just use your existing tabs from the old bumper, so nothing needs to be painted. Just incase they bring it up because of the diagram.
Thanks. Just don’t want to get ripped off with the pricing. I can only imagine the bumper/hitch install is
probably $500.
Sponsored