This is the example of how not to install trailer hitch...

jzombie

Big Bend
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I'm not going to post the dealer because they are doing the best they can to remedy the situation, but after the OEM hitch came in that I wrapped into my deal, it's not looking pretty. I was in complete and utter shock. They obviously did not take the hippocratic oath.
I've read all the other posts so don't start with the "why didn't you get one with a hitch factory installed?" The short answer is that some ahole rear-ended me in my Jeep and it was totaled and I needed a new car immediately. This was what was on the list.
They're going to get me a new bumper that has the cutouts from the factory.
But without further ado:
Ford Bronco Sport This is the example of how not to install trailer hitch... PXL_20220322_140204761

Ford Bronco Sport This is the example of how not to install trailer hitch... PXL_20220322_141832131
Sponsored

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
That looks...... rough.... ?

OP
OP
jzombie

jzombie

Big Bend
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
TLAR is not a good technique for cutting visible holes in things…
Thank you I needed a laugh! I mean is it going to effect the driveability? No but every time I use the hitch would be reminded...

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Yikes! Well, I’m all in favor of hiring the visual impaired, but I’m not sure I want them cutting into my bumper.

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
That looks brutal. Mine didn't have a hitch installed, so I elected to do it myself after reading up on installation and seeing that someone would have to cut the bumper. I have no reason to think that the average dealer mechanic could cut it better me, so I am doing it myself. It's just not something that mechanics are asked to do every day.

Ford Bronco Sport This is the example of how not to install trailer hitch... 6a77io

OP
OP
jzombie

jzombie

Big Bend
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Im not a mechanic either, but in my brain it made sense that you'd drill holes in the four corners and then "connect the dots" for smooth cuts. I am baffled how this would be something that they would let a jv tech do that would just eyeball it.

OP
OP
jzombie

jzombie

Big Bend
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It's one thing to F it up like that.

But to hand it off to the customer is quite another.
My biggest irk is that I knew I was going to be the first one they installed and I told them I didn't mind being the guinea pig. But what I meant was "take all the time in the world to figure out how to do it right and learn so you do a good job."

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Maybe now they have the money to invest in a Dremel...

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Im not a mechanic either, but in my brain it made sense that you'd drill holes in the four corners and then "connect the dots" for smooth cuts. I am baffled how this would be something that they would let a jv tech do that would just eyeball it.
Exactly. 4 holes in the corners and scribe a line between them. Then use a small saw to cut along the lines. Then file or sand the rough edges.

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
At least they are making it right. But yeah.... The tech didn't use common sense.
Sponsored