Cobrablues

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
I got the notice yesterday that the fix is ready. Good luck getting an appointment.
Update: I called Ford this morning and they have a mobile unit that will come to my house tomorrow morning and install the update. Unbelievable.
They came to my house this morning at 8 am and did the programming in about 20 minutes.
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Let’s see .. Bronco Sports came out in 2021 and May 2024 the BCM/PCM Calibration is available… anyone want to guess how many years before we know the Cal update solved the issue?

Ok ok .. you are all thinking I’m just being Negative (that’s a pun.. the entire reason for this post) .. battery .. positive.. negative haha

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I got the notice yesterday that the fix is ready. Good luck getting an appointment.
Update: I called Ford this morning and they have a mobile unit that will come to my house tomorrow morning and install the update. Unbelievable.
Let us know how it goes.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yesterday’s update:
May 23 2024 New FSA 24S24 Pause
FSA program 24S24 is being temporarily
stopped. Do Not Attempt to perform the repairs for 24S24. This program will be…

Ford Bronco Sport The new Recall is out now. IMG_4381

OP
OP

ZQ8

Big Bend
First Name
BRAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport / Big Bend
You just beat me to it. Saw this on FB.

patmat2350

Heritage
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Heritage Ltd
Was the Pause lifted? My dealer performed the 24S24 service on my BS yesterday 5/28.
"The system is now operating as designed". But my AS/AS is still non-functional with message "Engine on due to battery charging".

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Was the Pause lifted? My dealer performed the 24S24 service on my BS yesterday 5/28.
"The system is now operating as designed". But my AS/AS is still non-functional with message "Engine on due to battery charging".
I had the recall 24S24 done yesterday.
My car functioned normally, meaning that the Auto Stop Start worked normally.
The low speed trans shifts were very rough initially, as the transmission has to relearn after being reprogramming the PCM and BCM modules.
The message you got explains that the battery needs further charging before the Auto-SS works as designed. Unless you are doing only very short commutes, things should be functioning normal shortly. If it fits into your daily schedule, have yourself a longer drive and enjoy your Bronco Sport.
I drove 2 sorties today, one 35 miles and another 29 miles, with speeds between 25, 40, 50, and 65 mph on the roads that I was traveling.

Tonyf

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
How about Canadian vehicles for this recall? I called Ford Canada yesterday and they said no info go pound dirt! Dealer clueless
Canadian here . Called to set up a service appointment but Ford never got back to me. The recall also says to have fixed at a timely manner or they are not responsive if anything happens . So they’re is an advantage for avoiding their customers.

patmat2350

Heritage
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Heritage Ltd
That makes zero sense, sorry. The dealer is NOT Ford. Ford wants you to get it fixed, and the dealer wants to get paid for the repair. The dealer wouldn't be liable for the results of your inaction anyway.

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport, 2018 Ford F150 XLT
Having mine done with Mobil Service plus an oil change(complimentary)Thursday morning. No sitting watching "Friends" reruns in Ford dealer waiting room. Love it.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Having mine done with Mobil Service plus an oil change(complimentary)Thursday morning. No sitting watching "Friends" reruns in Ford dealer waiting room. Love it.
I had mobile service scheduled yesterday to have the recall done on both our BS. Guys come out 3 hours into the 4 hour window of course, and after about 20 minutes knock on my door and the computer they brought doesn't work. Great. Wasted afternoon waiting around for them to get nothing done. I just took mine to the dealership today and I'm taking my wife's tomorrow. Took an hour all in today at the dealership versus 3.5 hours yesterday to get nothing done. I won't use mobile service again.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
The recall refers to "sudden" SOC change [decrease] and "sudden" degradation.

I was/am curious about could cause such a dramatic and rapid change in SOC and/or condition. I just posted about it on the other recall thread. I don't want to double post so if interested, it's #53 here:
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/5-23-2024-recall-24s24-on-hold-as-of-5-24-2024-hold-is-lifted.11399/page-4

Spoiler: It seems most/all of the problems were caused by a defective battery and exacerbated by the improper calibration of the BCM and PCM.
Sponsored

Last edited: