Big Bend
First Name
BRAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport / Big Bend
Recalls *
Body control module and powertrain control module calibration updates Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available

Campaign/NHTSA#
24S24/24V267
Issue Date
2024-04-12
Description
On your vehicle, it may be possible the body control module bcm and powertrain control module pcm calibrations are unable to detect a sudden battery degradation while driving.
Safety Risk
If the battery suddenly degrades during a drive it can lead to a vehicle that is unable to restart after an auto stopstart event or experience a stall while coming to a stop at low speed. Either may be accompanied by a loss of 12-VOLT accessories, including hazard lights. A loss of motive power can increase the risk of a crash.
Remedy
Ford Motor Company is working to finalize software for this repair. When software is available, Ford Motor Company will notify you via mail to schedule a service appointment with your dealer for repairs to be completed free of charge parts and labor. Software is anticipated to be available Q2, 2024.
Next Steps
Contact your local dealer and schedule a maintenance appointment. To find your local dealer, use the "find a dealer" feature below.
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Recalls *
Body control module and powertrain control module calibration updates Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available

Campaign/NHTSA#
24S24/24V267
Issue Date
2024-04-12
Description
On your vehicle, it may be possible the body control module bcm and powertrain control module pcm calibrations are unable to detect a sudden battery degradation while driving.
Safety Risk
If the battery suddenly degrades during a drive it can lead to a vehicle that is unable to restart after an auto stopstart event or experience a stall while coming to a stop at low speed. Either may be accompanied by a loss of 12-VOLT accessories, including hazard lights. A loss of motive power can increase the risk of a crash.
Remedy
Ford Motor Company is working to finalize software for this repair. When software is available, Ford Motor Company will notify you via mail to schedule a service appointment with your dealer for repairs to be completed free of charge parts and labor. Software is anticipated to be available Q2, 2024.
Next Steps
Contact your local dealer and schedule a maintenance appointment. To find your local dealer, use the "find a dealer" feature below.
Maybe doing that repair and new fuel injectors. One dealer visit. :D

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands

Xjeeper

Outer Banks
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport outer banks
How about Canadian vehicles for this recall? I called Ford Canada yesterday and they said no info go pound dirt! Dealer clueless
its on ford website, no fix yet though
Ford Bronco Sport The new Recall is out now. 1000049495

strckerie

Big Bend
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This recall showed up on my CarFax vehicle report today for our 2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend, as well our Ford Pass app. Have not received a letter from Ford yet.

Last edited:

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's

strckerie

Big Bend
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
No issue here. The Battery Management System sucks so bad already that auto-stop is basically turned off on its own!

Cobrablues

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
Recalls *

Campaign/NHTSA#
24S24/24V267
Issue Date
2024-04-12
Description
Safety Risk
Remedy
Next Steps
I got the recall from my dealer and CarFax. However,the fix, BCM reprogram, is not out yet.
I know I can disable the stop/start setting with the button on my dash. However, I seem to forget that. I am wondering if I could turn it off with Forscan?

Cobrablues

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
Ok. The Forscan turn off the auto stop/start but doesn't disable the switch light. It doesn't activate the auto stop/start feature. It just act like it does. I thought it hadn't changed anything until I drove down the road and stopped for a bit. It never entered the start/stop mode.

I-gor

Big Bend
First Name
Blucher!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Recalls *
Body control module and powertrain control module calibration updates Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available.
I'm disabling auto start/stop every single time I drive until the recall's complete. What a pain.

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge, 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands
This is what I do not understand about the description in the recall:

"If the battery suddenly degrades during a drive it can lead to a vehicle that is unable to restart after an auto stopstart event or experience a stall while coming to a stop at low speed."

I see many posts that blame the auto start/stop for the issue. I do not think that is entirely correct. I have never seen an issue like this on any other Ford's that I have owned that has had auto start/stop. Under normal conditions the auto start/stop will not engage if the battery charge is too low. If the car hasn't been driven for a few days or other factors auto start/stop will not activate and the message will say that the engine is on due to charging. So I do not understand how the auto start/stop will even engage if the battery charge is so low that the car will not be able to restart. Something else must be going on that caused the battery to discharge to point where the car could not restart and at the same time allowed the auto start/stop to engage. If auto start/stop is working normally it should be an early warning sign that something is wrong with the battery because if it is not charged enough the auto start/stop should not activate. I just hope that what ever the issue is it will be fixed by the recall.
Sponsored