thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Is your car connected to a WiFi source? I believe that's how Ford gets updates about your SYNC system. If you are currently connected you can try a Master Reset and then reconnect to your WiFi. I think SYNC does a data dump back to Ford the first time it's connected to a WiFi source.
Connected to wifi, done master reset, key cycle, checked for updates over wifi, etc. It may just not have updated the servers yet, but it's been a couple of weeks since I did the latest update.
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay I'm glad it wasn't just me this is what happened when I updated my new 2022 when I brought it home. It told me no updates via Wi-Fi but there was an update and I did it via USB but I could not upload the file. So mine is blank as well but when I connect it with Ford they kept telling me I need to take it back to the dealership to have them review why it's not updating. I explain to him over and over it updated It just wouldn't take the file but I'm glad to know it's a known site issue
Thanks for posting about your ‘22

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Connected to wifi, done master reset, key 21,cycle, checked for updates over wifi, etc. It may just not have updated the servers yet, but it's been a couple of weeks since I did the latest update.
[/QUOTE
Is yours a 21, 22 or ‘23 ?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I finally got a new USB stick to format to FAT32 but when I went to do the update it turns out my ‘21 BS had updated automatically over wifi 3 weeks ago.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I finally got a new USB stick to format to FAT32 but when I went to do the update it turns out my ‘21 BS had updated automatically over wifi 3 weeks ago.
Interesting. I'm curious, did you check to see if you needed an update on Ford's website or the FordPass app beforehand? I'm wondering if your system updated itself but failed to inform Ford it did so.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Any update on what exactly this build contained? I use Android Auto exclusively so I never see much change between updates. I clocked around a bit and seems like business as usual in sync.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any update on what exactly this build contained? I use Android Auto exclusively so I never see much change between updates. I clocked around a bit and seems like business as usual in sync.
Ford is notoriously tight-lipped about SYNC updates. I don't believe I've ever seen a change log for one (we've been driving SYNC-equipped cars for nearly a decade). Over the years we've seen small changes in the interface (different icons, support for different backgrounds, etc.) and bug fixes. Bug fixes were for things like slow response, uncommanded disconnects, etc.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I'm curious, did you check to see if you needed an update on Ford's website or the FordPass app beforehand? I'm wondering if your system updated itself but failed to inform Ford it did so.
My bad, I thought it had updated but it didn't. I just did the update via USB and it took about 10 minutes. I did not receive the .xml file to send to Ford, so Ford still won't know I'm updated. So far the only difference is that the display of song information looks different. As long as it didn't break anything I'll be happy :sunglasses:.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not receive the .xml file to send to Ford, so Ford still won't know I'm updated.
My system didn't generate the .xml file either. After a master reset and reconnect to WiFi Ford now shows my system as up-to-date.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My system didn't generate the .xml file either. After a master reset and reconnect to WiFi Ford now shows my system as up-to-date.
So how do I do a master reset and will it screw up all of my Setting selections?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So how do I do a master reset and will it screw up all of my Setting selections?
A master reset will return all your settings back to factory defaults. You can find it in the menu under general settings. You don't necessarily have to reset your system--it may report back to Ford on its own. And resetting may not even force the system to send data to Ford. It worked for me, that's all I can tell you.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A master reset will return all your settings back to factory defaults. You can find it in the menu under general settings. You don't necessarily have to reset your system--it may report back to Ford on its own. And resetting may not even force the system to send data to Ford. It worked for me, that's all I can tell you.
Thanks. No, a master reset is not in the cards for me! In fact all I am hoping for from this update is for my BS to stop locking my driver’s side door when I leave my keys in it with my window open!!! I do this a lot in the summer and I have to reach in and push the unlock button. Now how silly is that? :crackup:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am on 22200 and when I check online for an update it tells me Sync is up to date???? How do I download 22510??? It is a 2022 Badlands.....

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am on 22200 and when I check online for an update it tells me Sync is up to date???? How do I download 22510??? It is a 2022 Badlands.....
Go to the following link:
https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/

Enter your VIN.
Click check for updates.

The latest SYNC3 version is:
Software Version: 3.4 Build 22251 PRODUCT

If you see there is a SYNC Update then download the update to a suitable and properly formatted USB Device and follow the instructions to install. The instructions at the link above are very good.

if you are told there is no update available then go to your vehicle, make sure you have WiFi enabled and are on WiFi then from the 8” Display make sure you have Automatic System Updates enabled. You can also have the vehicle Scan for update now (which should be the 22251 update but if it is not you can force a SYNC update).

In your post you stated “22510”, you might have made a typo … I am not familiar with a 22510 update.

Last edited:

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
This is really frustrating. I have 2 vehicles ('23 OBX, '20 Ecosport Titanium). The Ford owners site tells me both of them have a sync update available. When I check both vehicle onboard computers tell me their sync is up to date. I bought a brand new NXT USB (32GB 3.2) I downloaded 22251 to my computer. Downloaded it to my USB. all the pertinent files downloaded correctly. I install it in the vehicle, and it recognizes the usb existence. That's it. I drove for a hour. No more notifications and I still had version 22200.
Sponsored