Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
This is really frustrating. I have 2 vehicles ('23 OBX, '20 Ecosport Titanium). The Ford owners site tells me both of them have a sync update available. When I check both vehicle onboard computers tell me their sync is up to date. I bought a brand new NXT USB (32GB 3.2) I downloaded 22251 to my computer. Downloaded it to my USB. all the pertinent files downloaded correctly. I install it in the vehicle, and it recognizes the usb existence. That's it. I drove for a hour. No more notifications and I still had version 22200.
Never heard of that issue before! Also the upgrade from 22200 to 22251 will take about 10 minutes in a bronco sport with plenty of progress messages showing at the top of the 8” Display.

Please post a screen shot of the 2 Folder contents on your USB Device (the root folder contents and the other folder contents) and did you format the USB Device per the instructions on the Ford website? Btw, the instructions and PDF file with instructions are pretty good.

Perform the SYNC System Reset and try the install with the USB Device again. Ford will tell you to then perform the Master Reset and try again with the USB Device (master reset is found under settings on the BS 8” Display). Keep in mind that a Master Reset does change some Settings back to factory defaults so you will have restore those.

If those fail, call the SYNC3 Connected Services Team (Also known as: Ford C&S):

+1 (833) 389-0848

btw the instructions for SYNC3 System Reset and Master Reset are at this link:
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/troubleshooting/how-do-i-perform-a-sync-master-reset/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This is really frustrating. I have 2 vehicles ('23 OBX, '20 Ecosport Titanium). The Ford owners site tells me both of them have a sync update available. When I check both vehicle onboard computers tell me their sync is up to date. I bought a brand new NXT USB (32GB 3.2) I downloaded 22251 to my computer. Downloaded it to my USB. all the pertinent files downloaded correctly. I install it in the vehicle, and it recognizes the usb existence. That's it. I drove for a hour. No more notifications and I still had version 22200.
I wouldn't count on SYNC to accurately report status on whether it's up-to-date or not. You can find the SYNC version through the menu. Look under General Settings.

SYNC is notoriously persnickety about USB drive quality. Use the highest quality (speed) drive you have, and make sure you format it before copying the update files to it.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Never heard of that issue before! Also the upgrade from 22200 to 22251 will take about 10 minutes in a bronco sport with plenty of progress messages showing at the top of the 8” Display.

Please post a screen shot of the 2 Folder contents on your USB Device (the root folder contents and the other folder contents) and did you format the USB Device per the instructions on the Ford website? Btw, the instructions and PDF file with instructions are pretty good.

Perform the SYNC System Reset and try the install with the USB Device again. Ford will tell you to then perform the Master Reset and try again with the USB Device (master reset is found under settings on the BS 8” Display). Keep in mind that a Master Reset does change some Settings back to factory defaults so you will have restore those.

If those fail, call the SYNC3 Connected Services Team (Also known as: Ford C&S):

+1 (833) 389-0848

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/troubleshooting/how-do-i-perform-a-sync-master-reset/

+1 (833) 389-0848

I'm using NXT 32GB formatted exfat. Here's a picture of the contents
Ford Bronco Sport SYNC 3.4 Build 22251 Now Available 1/22/23 100_6531.JPG

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your SyncMyRide Folder has 5 files but mine has 6 files.

there are a few other minor differences but in both of your pics you cut off some of the info so I can’t see all the details.

try downloading again off the Ford website, this time start by entering your 2023 bronco sport VIN (NOT the VIN of your other vehicle).

this time download the file to your computer and open the downloaded file and copy the contents to an empty folder on your computer. Check to see if you see 6 files in SyncMyRide Folder however your vehicle is a 2023 (mine is a 2022 and I don’t know if the contents are VIN specific). If all looks good, erase anything on the USB Device and copy from your computer to the USB Device.

For now don’t be using your other VIN… that is create the USB Device starting from the Bronco Sport VIN. In other words since you have 2 vehicles, don’t try using the contents of that created USB in both - you might need to start over with the other vehicles VIN later. Hope that makes sense.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your SyncMyRide Folder has 5 files but mine has 6 files.

there are a few other minor differences but in both of your pics you cut off some of the info so I can’t see all the details.

try downloading again off the Ford website, this time start by entering your 2023 bronco sport VIN (NOT the VIN of your other vehicle).

this time download the file to your computer and open the downloaded file and copy the contents to an empty folder on your computer. Check to see if you see 6 files in SyncMyRide Folder however your vehicle is a 2023 (mine is a 2022 and I don’t know if the contents are VIN specific). If all looks good, erase anything on the USB Device and copy from your computer to the USB Device.

For now don’t be using your other VIN… that is create the USB Device starting from the Bronco Sport VIN. In other words since you have 2 vehicles, don’t try using the contents of that created USB in both - you might need to start over with the other vehicles VIN later. Hope that makes sense.
I'll play around it later on. Right now, I'm trying to get that service manual file to load on a DVD for you. I'll play with it in the next couple of days and let you know. Thanks for the help!

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where am I going wrong? I tried 3 different USB's with the same results. I used 32gb USB's. Formatted to ex-fat. I downloaded compressed file NUST-14G381-AB to them. When I put them in my car, the car recognizes them and says it is indexing them, and that's all. I let the car run for a hour and get no upgrade. The car says nothing about starting download or completing it. What am I doing wrond?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you checked to see what the current version is?
My Ford site says an update is available. I checked my car, and it said it is version 22200 and is current. I got the information about 22251 on this site and downloaded it.to the USB. Tried to download 3 different USB's with no luck..

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I downloaded compressed file NUST-14G381-AB to them.
Did you extract the files before copying to the USB drive? Save the compressed file to your computer. Double click to open, then click extract all. Specify the USB drive as the destination.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you extract the files before copying to the USB drive? Save the compressed file to your computer. Double click to open, then click extract all. Specify the USB drive as the destination.
I'm not sure Mark. I'll give it a try and let you know if that works.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
I did the same thing as Mark specified (extracted downloaded zip file to computer and extracted files to 16Gb SanDisk USB formatted to exFAT). No issues with the install other than the log file wasn't copied to the USB drive (update was fine to the vehicle). Cheers!

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Where am I going wrong? I tried 3 different USB's with the same results. I used 32gb USB's. Formatted to ex-fat. I downloaded compressed file NUST-14G381-AB to them. When I put them in my car, the car recognizes them and says it is indexing them, and that's all. I let the car run for a hour and get no upgrade. The car says nothing about starting download or completing it. What am I doing wrond?
Make sure you carefully follow the steps linked near the top of the thread
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/sync-3-4-build-22251-now-available-1-22-23.7945/post-141018

or online at https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/

This involves several steps and combining different files into the proper folder structure. It isn't hard and they give a picture example, but it needs to be done precisely to work.

Fordone Badlands

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
As a follow up, I had followed this sync 3.4 update a couple weeks ago, and got it done, even did a master reset afterwards. All good.
Now, I just happened to take it to the next step, a MAP update. Sure enough one was available complimentary, and I did the download. (My BS is only 6 weeks old so I guess it was new enough).
Printed off the instructions and did the update. Works fine. Not sure what was updated but now on the next MAP version.
Sponsored