Slewis95407

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Sylvansport Go, 2012 Focus
Ok, just was sitting and going through menu screens today after the update. I can't say I see anything new or different, other than maybe about Carplay.
What I do notice, where before any SiriusXm channels I had on my selections bar always had an icon associated with the channel. Now I only get an icon on about half the channels they have.
Any ideas???
Should I try a re-install?
After the update I no longer receive RDS (Radio Data System) on my FM stations.
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
After the update I no longer receive RDS (Radio Data System) on my FM stations.
Sounds like you may want to report that as an issue? If so here is the contact number:

SYNC3 Connected Services Team
+1 (833) 389-0848

Slewis95407

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Sylvansport Go, 2012 Focus
Sounds like you may want to report that as an issue? If so here is the contact number:

SYNC3 Connected Services Team
+1 (833) 389-0848
Thank You dude. Will do. Called support RDS is working. Problem is my station. Contacted my local station and they are waiting for parts to repair their transmitter.

Last edited:

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
Mine's a '22.

I'll contact the Connected Services Team, I current have NAV 2 20.

Thanks for the help!

UPDATE: Spoke to Tyler at Connected Services Team. It appears that someone downloaded the update already using my VIN , that's why only the paid option appears for me. They agreed to emailing me the update, although maybe 5-7 bdays before I get it.
I got an email from Ford today with a link for the one free map download. I don’t understand why the engine needs to be running to apply the Sync and map updates. Seems like having the electrical system on should be enough. Ford needs to take a lesson from Garmin on OTA updates.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I don’t understand why the engine needs to be running to apply the Sync and map updates.
If your battery is weak it might discharge enough during an update to prevent an engine start. If you put a charger on your battery before starting the update you don't need to start the engine.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I got an email from Ford today with a link for the one free map download. I don’t understand why the engine needs to be running to apply the Sync and map updates. Seems like having the electrical system on should be enough. Ford needs to take a lesson from Garmin on OTA updates.

Want to share that link?

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want to share that link?
The link displays my specific VIN and order number so it’s unlikely to work for you. Just call the Ford number that was referenced above and explain you didn’t get the one free update. They are quick to respond. Unfortunately future updates are $100, so this is the last one for me.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
If you decide to have the engine running (instead of putting the battery on a charger) the SYNC install instructions state to turn off the Auto Stop/start. In this mode you want to keep the engine running so that nothing impacts the sync install. Via USB Device the SYNC 3.4 22251 install was under 10 minutes.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you decide to have the engine running (instead of putting the battery on a charger) the SYNC install instructions state to turn off the Auto Stop/start. In this mode you want to keep the engine running so that nothing impacts the sync install. Via USB Device the SYNC 3.4 22251 install was under 10 minutes.
I did the sync install on a short drive, was about 10 min as you said. Did the map install just now on a charger after @Mark S. explained why that is necessary, took maybe 30 min but I wasn’t watching. So all up to date for now. Thanks for your help on this.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I have to have some module replaced for the head unit so mine won’t update. The last update took fine without issue. Now it just errors out and won’t update and is causing random crashes, Black screens, stuck on or stuck off, etc.

schneid

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
armada
Attempted the update to 22251 today. Plugged in USB stick, it said System Updating, then that it was completed. Took ten to fifteen minutes. Turned off BS, unplugged USB stick, turned on BS, and now have no Radio. Master Reset button is grayed out as is Audio button.

I am out of ideas. Do you folks have any?

Thanks

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Attempted the update to 22251 today. Plugged in USB stick, it said System Updating, then that it was completed. Took ten to fifteen minutes. Turned off BS, unplugged USB stick, turned on BS, and now have no Radio. Master Reset button is grayed out as is Audio button.

I am out of ideas. Do you folks have any?

Thanks
Download the file again and start over. Could have been a corrupt download. Or just try it again with the original file.

schneid

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
armada
Download the file again and start over. Could have been a corrupt download. Or just try it again with the original file.
I retried and failed. I redid the USB drive and tried. Failed again or thought I did.

Keep reading.

AND, read about a System Reset rather than a Master Reset. Went back to the garage to try that, turned on the radio, and it was BACK! Checked version and 22251.

The bottom line, I guess, is to do the USB stick thing and after it completes, go away, and come back an hour or two later. The BS has a mind of its own and its own schedule and priorities. AI is already here.

Last edited:

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I retried and failed. Redid the drive and tried. Failed again.

Thanks
Google says try holding the power button and seek right button for 10 seconds to reset sync. Maybe restarting it that way will bring back the master reset button.

schneid

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
armada
Thanks for your help. Just what is the Seek button?

Anyway, it's fixed now.
Sponsored