Fordone Badlands

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Ok, just was sitting and going through menu screens today after the update. I can't say I see anything new or different, other than maybe about Carplay.
What I do notice, where before any SiriusXm channels I had on my selections bar always had an icon associated with the channel. Now I only get an icon on about half the channels they have.
Any ideas???
Should I try a re-install?
Sponsored

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
What do you mean about "through the Fordpass app??" I don't see anything on either my phone version or on the display screen in FordPass about update versions??
I don't either but who knows if it relays info in the background. Again I have never uploaded a XML file, yet when I log in online there were never active update alerts. They are getting update info somewhere it seems.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I don't either but who knows if it relays info in the background. Again I have never uploaded a XML file, yet when I log in online there were never active update alerts. They are getting update info somewhere it seems.
Do you have your SYNC system connected to your WiFi? If so, Ford is probably getting the data that way.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Do you have your SYNC system connected to your WiFi? If so, Ford is probably getting the data that way.
I do. Something has so be going on in the background because my Ford account will clear eventually on it's own.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Before this update, my ford account showed nothing about a sync update. I never uploaded the XML file even after the 22200 update. Maybe the system auto-detects that it has been updated through the Ford pass app behind the scenes?
Ford website does update behind the scenes within 30 days according to Ford but not for me and not for some others I am aware of. My guess it could have to do with some 2022 VINs not recognized by the Ford server for the auto detect (your words for auto detect but as good a description as any). So since it works for you and some others and not for me, it is what it is. And I donā€™t know if FordPass app is used behind the scenes or not. I donā€™t know the mechanics of the auto detect.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is connected to WiFi but as I stated in another reply just now, the ford server does not auto update for me and it was more than 3 months like that following the 22200 update in October 2022. Because of other info I have, I am guessing my ā€˜22 VIN is not recognized by the ford server. Now I am on 22251 as of a couple days ago.

Fordone Badlands

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I did a re-install late yesterday. This time it went right into updating system as shown on the screen display, and I got a couple info screens pop up telling me it was complete and to shut down and restart my vehicle to complete it. All seems good now. Also I had deleted that ******.xlm file from the first attempt, and this time a subfolder marked 'log" and a log file within it showed up. I tried to sent the confirm to Ford but still got an error message. It asked for the "log" this time, not the xlm file.
We will see how it is now for a few days.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford website does update behind the scenes within 30 days according to Ford but not for me and not for some others I am aware of.
Mine didn't ever show up for the last update or this one.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine didn't ever show up for the last update or this one.
Is your car connected to a WiFi source? I believe that's how Ford gets updates about your SYNC system. If you are currently connected you can try a Master Reset and then reconnect to your WiFi. I think SYNC does a data dump back to Ford the first time it's connected to a WiFi source.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is your car connected to a WiFi source? I believe that's how Ford gets updates about your SYNC system. If you are currently connected you can try a Master Reset and then reconnect to your WiFi. I think SYNC does a data dump back to Ford the first time it's connected to a WiFi source.
Mark S ā€¦ it appears there are at least 2 ways that Ford servers get updates from a vehicles SYNC System. One is via WiFi as you stated, another way is via uploading the VIN named file created during a SYNC update install from a USB Device. Neither way work for some ā€˜22 My bronco sports. Ford is aware of this issue and hasnā€™t provided a fix. And i tried a Master Reset but that had no affect.
I have a strong WiFi signal where my ā€˜22 is located. The problem I think is with the Ford server software.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude, I agree, Ford's system is glitchy. The last time I updated SYNC in my car the system did not create the necessary file, so I had nothing to upload. I the checked for updates via the SYNC setup menu. It reported my system was up to date, but Ford's website still showed I needed the update. I did a master reset, reconnected to my WiFi, then checked again for updates via SYNC. After that Ford's website shows I'm up to date. Thought that might work for someone else.

jason202

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2009 Volvo C30 T5
So does this Sync update also update map data? I normally use Google Maps via CarPlay but just yesterday I tried out the built-in nav and noticed it's missing a major traffic circle in town that opened around the end of 2021 or early 2022.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So does this Sync update also update map data? I normally use Google Maps via CarPlay but just yesterday I tried out the built-in nav and noticed it's missing a major traffic circle in town that opened around the end of 2021 or early 2022.
No, map data is separate from SYNC system files.

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The SYNC 3 version is not always displayed on Fordā€™s download site
My ā€˜22 Badlands came from the factory with version 21194.
In October 2022 I installed version 22200 via USB Device but after the 22200 install completed, i was not able to upload the created file from the USB Device to the Ford site due to a known issue with Fords website. So my download page showed ā€œblankā€ at the spot in your pic where you show 3.4 22200. I contacted the Ford software support team in October 2022 but they could only explain it is a known issue.
Today 1/23/2023 I installed version 22251 via USB Device but after the 22251 install completed, i was not able to upload the created file from the USB Device to the Ford site due to that known issue with Fords website as I mentioned earlier.
And my download page shows ā€œblankā€ at the spot in your pic where you show 3.4 22200. But I do have 22251 installed as confirmed by the setting on the 8ā€ Display.
Okay I'm glad it wasn't just me this is what happened when I updated my new 2022 when I brought it home. It told me no updates via Wi-Fi but there was an update and I did it via USB but I could not upload the file. So mine is blank as well but when I connect it with Ford they kept telling me I need to take it back to the dealership to have them review why it's not updating. I explain to him over and over it updated It just wouldn't take the file but I'm glad to know it's a known site issue
Sponsored