First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
SYNC 3.4 Build 22200 now available.

https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/

Update can be done using Scan for update now on the head unit or downloading the update to a computer and using a USB flash drive.

I used a USB flash drive. It took 20 minutes in the vehicle while running.
Ford Bronco Sport SYNC 3.4 Build 22200 Now Available FBEBA37E-9F80-43CB-A90A-EFE2AF07D8C3
Ford Bronco Sport SYNC 3.4 Build 22200 Now Available A949892D-CA2D-4342-85E4-F4A44201E0D1
Sponsored

Last edited:

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for the news!
Any noticeable differences, features, or bug fixes?

dparleng

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Does anybody know how this update works? I have my vehicle in the garage and connected to my home wi-fi with an excellent signal strength. I then scan for updates and it keeps telling me that all software is up to date, and there are no updates. I did verify that I am on 21194 and would like to update.

Any ideas why it is not picking up the updated software? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Any ideas why it is not picking up the updated software? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My guess is Ford's server has limited bandwidth, and it's busy updating cars. Rather than report it cannot connect--which will panic owners who will then inundate dealerships with calls--the system simply says your system is up-to-date. You can either turn on auto updates and allow the system to update itself, or you can update it manually.

If you decide to go the manual route the instructions for doing so are on Ford's owner website. You need to log in and enter your VIN to get to the download page. Once you download the update you extract to a USB drive. Make sure you are using a good quality USB drive formatted to exFat; SYNC 3 will not recognize any drive not properly formatted. Insert the USB drive and SYNC will automatically update from the files (takes about 20-30 mins).

You must leave at least accessory power on during the update. I usually stick the USB drive in at the beginning of a drive I know will take at least 30 minutes and let it update while I'm driving. You can let it update in your garage with just accessory power on, but if your battery is low it may shut the power down automatically during the update--this is a feature to ensure you have enough battery power for the next engine start. You don't want the system to shut down during an update; too much chance of something going badly wrong. If you have a battery charger you can put it on during the update which should prevent the system shutting down.

Last edited:

Froggy

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport base
So far what I noticed is the audio sound has been fixed on my badlands with b&o system. I even got home and it asked how the audio sounded with new update. Mine took two hours to download. Also, noticed better map features. Now, I'm wondering what else they improved.

Oh yeah, I actually didn't know about the update. I noticed pandora, was not working. So I deleted ford pass, and manually searched for update. It didn't tell me there was a new update, instead there was a circle going around in a circle. As soon as it stopped. I noticed a few things better, especially sound quality. Even when it finished it didn't say up to date.

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
From this link do search for: 22200
https://community.cyanlabs.net/

about 53 posts so far and a set of issues one being that sirius XM stopped working. Maybe other issues too.
This is why my Ford is always going to be at least 3 months behind on updates. They released an update just weeks after I bought it that broke the XM and travelink features. Really hard to enjoy a NEW car with software glitches. Why rush to update? Mostly Ford is removing features, not adding them.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
So far what I noticed is the audio sound has been fixed on my badlands with b&o system. I even got home and it asked how the audio sounded with new update. Mine took two hours to download. Also, noticed better map features. Now, I'm wondering what else they improved.

Oh yeah, I actually didn't know about the update. I noticed pandora, was not working. So I deleted ford pass, and manually searched for update. It didn't tell me there was a new update, instead there was a circle going around in a circle. As soon as it stopped. I noticed a few things better, especially sound quality. Even when it finished it didn't say up to date.
Interesting to hear that the audio is "improved". Not sure how you can improve the audio with software considering the audio source is the main limitation. What sounds different?

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Interesting to hear that the audio is "improved". Not sure how you can improve the audio with software considering the audio source is the main limitation. What sounds different?
Maybe it made changes to DSP and/or equalization?

I assume that’s all software controlled.

Froggy

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport base
The main difference is the mid bass is way better. I was one of the people that complained about the b&o system missing the mid bass. I was sound tech, for several bands. My ear my be better than most, when detecting certain frequencies. I saw a thread on forscan, and guy on there found a bass system and tried to adjust the mid bass, with no luck. I believe if they can take something away, they can also put it back. If you think about the DSP, which is a controller, I most certainly believe they can controll signal voltage through the wires. Imho.

Also, your right about audio source, and how that info is delivered whether it's going to be quality, but if the stock radio, is limiting that info even more, through the stock DSP. I noticed pandora and Spotify, sounded allot better, even though those files are compressed. Also, I didn't even mention bass roll off, if they can do that, it can be reversed.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m going to install the update tonight. I’ll let you guys know if I hear a difference.

It could benefit from better mid bass.

Anyone know if it’s best to use FAT32 or exFAT when using a USB flash drive for music with Sync 3?

Last edited:
OP
OP
thomasm23

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’m going to install the update tonight. I’ll let you guys know if I hear a difference.

It could benefit from better mid bass.

Anyone know if it’s best to use FAT32 or exFAT when using a USB flash drive for music with Sync 3?
You have to format the USB flash drive to exFAT and then open the compressed folder that you downloaded and copy the 3 items to the USB flash drive.

Regarding music on a USB flash drive, either format should work.

Last edited:

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have to format the USB flash drive to exFAT and then open the compressed folder that you downloaded and copy the 3 items to the USB flash drive.
I understand that but I was wondering if it’s best to use exFAT with Sync 3 when using a USB flash drive for music only?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I understand that but I was wondering if it’s best to use exFAT with Sync 3 when using a USB flash drive for music only?
The Owner's Manual doesn't specify, and I've never had an issue with any of the various USB drives I've used.
Sponsored