Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Am I the only one that has dual display on the upper corners of my screen?
Issue really is when using Apple CarPlay.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Am I the only one that has dual display on the upper corners of my screen?
I believe all vehicles equipped with auto temp control will display the selected cabin temp on the SYNC screen status bar. If you have dual zone temp control and you have dual selected you'll see selected temp for driver and passenger.

You can't see the status bar if you open Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, but the system will briefly display the selected temp when you turn the temp control knob.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
eBay has one for$101.14. Dual climate, heated seats and heated steering.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Guess I have to learn Apple Car Play before Iā€™ll have an issue. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
Unfortunately, that all I use. Maybe someday theyā€™ll include the upper banner.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess I have to learn Apple Car Play before Iā€™ll have an issue. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
Eh. If you can use your phone there isn't much to learn. It's really just a simplified phone interface with big icons. You'll be fine.

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Got a very exciting package today, will follow up with pics from the install process!

Ford Bronco Sport Switching Temperature Control Knobs in MY22 to MY21 45B04520-1D7E-4774-B359-5B732911E814

If youā€™re trying to do the same thing I am, make sure your part number ends in A through D, not E through H. From what I can tell, theyā€™re the same part, just the earlier letters have the screens, the later letters donā€™t. A corresponds to E, B corresponds to F, et cetera.

The outer banks trim level and tech package, which is what I have, comes with model b. Hereā€™s all the different models, thanks to @bjbena:

M1PZ-19980-A w/Dual Zone Temp Ctrl.; w/o Heated Steering Wheel. Dual zone AC, w/o heated steering

M1PZ-19980-B w/Dual Zone Temp Ctrl.; w/Heated Steering Wheel. Dual zone AC, w/heated steering

M1PZ-19980-C w/o heated seat. Bronco Sport; w/o Dual Zone Temp Ctrl.; w/o Heated Drivers Seat

M1PZ-19980-D w/heated seats. Bronco Sport; w/o Dual Zone Temp Ctrl.; w/Heated Drivers Seat

Again the new ones without the screens are E, F, G, H. So my part number ended up being M1PZ-19980-B. The dealerships cannot order the ones ending in B any more, my dealership tried to sell me the one ending in F since it has been officially replaced in their system (same config, just no screens). I was lucky to find one still physically at a dealership and have it shipped to me.

Now wish me luck actually getting this thing in my bronco, lol!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I guess this is a style thing; I don't know why you would need to see the temp all the time. If I'm cold/hot I don't really care what it's currently set at, I'm gonna turn the temp up/down. When I do the temp will be on the screen so I don't set it up too high/low. What's the benefit of having it on the screen all the time?
To each their own...but I leave mine at 68. Maybe I just don't care enough šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø no judgement I hope it works out.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ford Bronco Sport Switching Temperature Control Knobs in MY22 to MY21 7BAA4F12-D0B3-451E-9199-70EF308EBBA7

For those asking, here is what the MY 22 looks like.

For me it is more about what temp it is set to when I get in to see if I need to adjust. SoCal winters have wild temp fluxes so you could need it set to different temps depending on the time of day you enter the car. Being able to see it displayed in the knob will let me know if it is set to a good temp or if I need to go up or down.

Obviously this is all about personal preference and everyone has their own view but for me, I think it would be useful. I came from a 2010 Mazda 3 that didnā€™t have climate control at all, just a dial that you always had to play with because it wasnā€™t consistent. So being able to set a temp at all is a new luxury for me.
I get what you are saying, seems like a lot of work to see a dial. Be sure to look into all that is involved with this undertaking. For me if it's not set it to AC, if it's cold pop the heated seats and make it warm...guess I'm to simple for the refinements

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey @jayzala I know it's been a while, but was wondering if you had any tips and tricks besides just following the video? Kinda weird he puts the car back together in a different order than the way he took it apart

jayzala

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Hey @jayzala I know it's been a while, but was wondering if you had any tips and tricks besides just following the video? Kinda weird he puts the car back together in a different order than the way he took it apart
I didn't follow his video when I was putting it back together, I just put it back together the same way I took it apart. You'll need lots of space to lay out each and every part in order and the screws in order too.

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did the swap last night. The good news is I got everything together in one piece, and the temperature knobs work! The bad news is, something somewhere got screwed up. My heated seats & steering wheel buttons don't work anymore, and I can't choose those options in the remote start menu (they're greyed out), suggesting that the computer isn't recognizing those modules.

On the bright side...somehow my auto engine idle off function got screwed up too! It's defaulted to always off...and I can't to turn that dumb feature on even if I wanted to, the button does nothing. Not sure how that happened but I'm not complaining. Trying a sync update to fix the other issues, would be really nice if that magically stayed broken :)

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the swap last night. The good news is I got everything together in one piece, and the temperature knobs work! The bad news is, something somewhere got screwed up. My heated seats & steering wheel buttons don't work anymore, and I can't choose those options in the remote start menu (they're greyed out), suggesting that the computer isn't recognizing those modules.

On the bright side...somehow my auto engine idle off function got screwed up too! It's defaulted to always off...and I can't to turn that dumb feature on even if I wanted to, the button does nothing. Not sure how that happened but I'm not complaining. Trying a sync update to fix the other issues, would be really nice if that magically stayed broken :)
You have malfunctions with unrelated systems, with the only common denominator the replaced part. This suggests a wiring issue rather than a programming one.

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You have malfunctions with unrelated systems, with the only common denominator the replaced part. This suggests a wiring issue rather than a programming one.
Yeah, youā€™re probably right. I didnā€™t realize it before, but my parking brake and auto-hold functions donā€™t work either. And I did do the software update, it didnā€™t change anything.

Weird that @jayzala ā€˜s conversion worked, since we have the same car (ā€˜22 Outer Banks). Wonder what the issue is. Guess Iā€™ll have no choice but to go back to the old controls šŸ«¤

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, youā€™re probably right. I didnā€™t realize it before, but my parking brake and auto-hold functions donā€™t work either. And I did do the software update, it didnā€™t change anything.

Weird that @jayzala ā€˜s conversion worked, since we have the same car (ā€˜22 Outer Banks). Wonder what the issue is. Guess Iā€™ll have no choice but to go back to the old controls šŸ«¤
Connectors can sometimes be finicky. When you pull them apart make sure you didn't bend any pins. I would carefully compare the connector coming from the car and the one going to the new panel. For every wire on the car-side connector you should see a corresponding wire on the control panel. If you don't, it's possible you may have somehow gotten an incompatible control panel.
Sponsored