Sudden "hesitation" while driving

roh_noes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021
Damn that's not as bad as I would think at the dealer. Although, cant forget all the fees, mine was 33,xxx but cost me 37,xxx total
Sponsored

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I'm not sure how to respond , our BS has no issues & we use 87 octane & its 95 deg., near 100% humidity here every day . You may have Injector issues , fuel is a funny thing & where you get it & what brand , makes a difference . You can foul Injectors in one tank of bad fuel .

Searching for gears ,Just think if you had a 10 speed trany . Its what they do for fuel economy , what Goat mode are you running , try a different one , Sport mode will definitely give you more performance feel , if you haven't tried it .

If you just want to off the BS , go for it , other wise I would keep on the Dealer about how it has poor performance . We normally drive in Normal mode , but have a hard time when owners say the 1.5 is a dog in performance , because ours sure isn't & we traded in a Mustang for the BS . I guess if you came from a Hellcat the BS would be slow .

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yup... I came from a BMW which had lots of power, no matter the temperature! I thought the sporty BS would be fun and allow me to take dirt roads to fly the drone. Another disappointment was finding the street tires. ?? Every single video and still photo in BS promotions shows it off-road. Really off-road. Street tires. ?? I was assuming some kind of hybrid tire at least.
Yeah they show the First Edition or Badlands in all marketing pictures and videos. Like any other vehicle advertisement they show the fully loaded top end models. Do a little research before you buy a vehicle; it's a 4-6 year investment.
I got my BL for $33k, you could of had that for the money you spent on the outer banks.

roh_noes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021
I'm not sure how to respond , our BS has no issues & we use 87 octane & its 95 deg., near 100% humidity here every day . You may have Injector issues , fuel is a funny thing & where you get it & what brand , makes a difference . You can foul Injectors in one tank of bad fuel .

Searching for gears ,Just think if you had a 10 speed trany . Its what they do for fuel economy , what Goat mode are you running , try a different one , Sport mode will definitely give you more performance feel , if you haven't tried it .

If you just want to off the BS , go for it , other wise I would keep on the Dealer about how it has poor performance . We normally drive in Normal mode , but have a hard time when owners say the 1.5 is a dog in performance , because ours sure isn't & we traded in a Mustang for the BS . I guess if you came from a Hellcat the BS would be slow .
I think mine may be related to my broken air compressor. I usually drive in eco mode and it's fine. Just been a recent issue, so I was guessing about heat.

I have no problem with prodding a dealer to fix it. The issue is no one can get parts for anything, so having a brand new car sitting around useless really sucks

OP
OP

rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

The "heat" issue came straight for the service manager. 115 is quite a bit different than 95. I run Sport all the time now, just for the pickup and performance. I'll stay on the dealer and maybe take it in.

OP
OP

rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
There a thousand and one places to get off road tires for your bronco. This is a “problem” that can have a solution in a couple of hours.
Maybe a thousand and one stores, but only a couple of on/off crossover tires. Falken is almost the only one for the 225/60/18. I know I can solve the problem in an hour. Just not ready to dump new Michelins and spend a bundle on new ones I will only need 10% of the time, or less.

OP
OP

rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yeah they show the First Edition or Badlands in all marketing pictures and videos. Like any other vehicle advertisement they show the fully loaded top end models. Do a little research before you buy a vehicle; it's a 4-6 year investment.
I got my BL for $33k, you could of had that for the money you spent on the outer banks.
I did my research. Chose the Outer Banks for the more luxury features. Not really for off-roading.

Hunterwoods96

Base
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hi there. I brought this up with the service mgr and he said to use 91 octane... that the heat affects the hesitation with power octane... for some reason. So now I use 91 and don't have the same problems with accelerating. It's extremely hot where I am now, so that might be it - just another quirky with the engine. I'm fighting a lot of disappointment with the power, or lack thereof, and the really wacky 8 speed transmission that seems always to be searching for the right gear.
Agreed, my transmission always seems to be looking for the gear rather than accelerating

T-81 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
It seems that driving it in ECO mode helps with the stutter also. I agree, it's annoying. I came from a Nissan Maxima V6 CVT that was completely smooth. I'm having a hard time getting used to the Turbo 4 in my Badlands.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I did my research. Chose the Outer Banks for the more luxury features. Not really for off-roading.
Obviously not; you said you didn't know about the 3 cylinder engine and wanted off road tires like in the pictures. Then complained about the off road capability. Don't talk shit because you aren't fully satisfied about your purchase. The Bronco sport adheres to all walks of life.....choose your poison. Obviously you didn't do your due diligence.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This may or may not help..
You can try resetting the transmissions learned behavior.
Press the start button to the on position, do not start the vehicle. Press the gas pedal to the floor, hold for 3 seconds, release the pedal, turn off the ignition. Wait 2 minutes, start the vehicle and drive normally, accelerate moderately through the gears, not driving for maximum economy, stop, shift the rotary knob to reverse, then neutral and back to drive and accelerate through the gears again.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yup. It's an issue. Like I said.... I'm fighting disappointment with the choice. I didn't even realize it was a THREE cylinder car! Not much of a mechanic at all, so just assumed a 4, minimum.
I get what you're saying if your last ride was a BMW but how do you buy a new car from another manufacturer without knowing specs like horsepower, torque, and number of cylinders?
Sponsored