rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yesterday, while driving home on a straight road at about 45, all of a sudden the BS had this big "hiccup" or stutter. Almost like the fuel injectors decided to skip a few beats or something - I'm not a mechanic. About 30 seconds later it happened again. Haven't drive today but will test later. This is the first time. 4500 miles on my Outer Banks. Using 91 octane as recommended by the dealer in the heat of Las Vegas. Said it would help the hesitation off the line or when accelerating to pass, etc. Seems like it did help. Not sure what's going on with this new issue.
Sponsored

roh_noes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021
I have had this pretty bad on 90+ degree days too. Sometimes it's not there at all, sometimes it's a small annoyance, and sometimes I can literally slam the pedal to the floor and nothing happens for 2 seconds

OP
OP

rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hi there. I brought this up with the service mgr and he said to use 91 octane... that the heat affects the hesitation with power octane... for some reason. So now I use 91 and don't have the same problems with accelerating. It's extremely hot where I am now, so that might be it - just another quirky with the engine. I'm fighting a lot of disappointment with the power, or lack thereof, and the really wacky 8 speed transmission that seems always to be searching for the right gear.

aryus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Haven't had the stutter, but accelerator definitely lacks response in high temperatures. Will have to try 91 octane on my next tank and see if that makes a difference.

OP
OP

rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Haven't had the stutter, but accelerator definitely lacks response in high temperatures. Will have to try 91 octane on my next tank and see if that makes a difference.
Looks like you might be in Vegas. I'm in Henderson. Heat definitely an issue. Try the 91.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I'm fighting a lot of disappointment with the power, or lack thereof, and the really wacky 8 speed transmission that seems always to be searching for the right gear.
I’ve had the same experience with the transmission. When I take off from a stop and casually accelerate, it’s like the transmission shifts too soon or it shifts too many gears where I then have to press my gas harder, making my BS accelerate hard.

I don’t know if it’s the transmission or engine, but sometimes my BS jumps when I accelerate and other times it’s like it’s hesitant to accelerate.

OP
OP

rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ve had the same experience with the transmission. When I take off from a stop and casually accelerate, it’s like the transmission shifts too soon or it shifts too many gears where I then have to press my gas harder, making my BS accelerate hard.
Yup. It's an issue. Like I said.... I'm fighting disappointment with the choice. I didn't even realize it was a THREE cylinder car! Not much of a mechanic at all, so just assumed a 4, minimum.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Yup. It's an issue. Like I said.... I'm fighting disappointment with the choice. I didn't even realize it was a THREE cylinder car! Not much of a mechanic at all, so just assumed a 4, minimum.
When people ask about my BS they ask if it’s a 4 cylinder and I tell them it’s 3. They’re surprised to hear that. :crackup:

Do you think you’ll keep your BS?

OP
OP

rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
When people ask about my BS they ask if it’s a 4 cylinder and I tell them it’s 3. They’re surprised to hear that. :crackup:

Do you think you’ll keep your BS?
Not sure. I've toyed with the idea of selling it - got in Dec 24 - but I keep thinking maybe I'll just get used to it. Thought maybe because they seem to be hard to get, I might be able to sell and get all my money back. Not sure. It's a nice car and I do like it. It's the performance issues that are the problem.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Not sure. I've toyed with the idea of selling it - got in Dec 24 - but I keep thinking maybe I'll just get used to it. Thought maybe because they seem to be hard to get, I might be able to sell and get all my money back. Not sure. It's a nice car and I do like it. It's the performance issues that are the problem.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe I’m just trying to find an excuse to get something else. I miss a naturally aspirated engine.

OP
OP

rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yup... I came from a BMW which had lots of power, no matter the temperature! I thought the sporty BS would be fun and allow me to take dirt roads to fly the drone. Another disappointment was finding the street tires. ?? Every single video and still photo in BS promotions shows it off-road. Really off-road. Street tires. ?? I was assuming some kind of hybrid tire at least.

roh_noes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021
I assume you would have to sell privately to not lose your ass this early?

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
For sure.
I’m sure you could find a dealer willing to pay you what you got it for. They are in such high demand they would probably love to just have one on the lot lol. I went to my local Ford dealer the other day and they had
0 Rangers
0 bronco sports
1 mustang
4 F150s
0 f250s
5 explorers
2 escapes

OP
OP

rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’m sure you could find a dealer willing to pay you what you got it for. They are in such high demand they would probably love to just have one on the lot lol. I went to my local Ford dealer the other day and they had
0 Rangers
0 bronco sports
1 mustang
4 F150s
0 f250s
5 explorers
2 escapes
I emailed the salesman and asked what I could get. Here's the response:
Your Bronco Sport is $30,000 but if you trade it in you will get $2,400 extra in the form of a tax credit.
My Bronco was $34,000. Would not be trading it in. Don't want a Ford.
Sponsored