Special Field Action 22L05 Outraged!!!! .........NOT!!!!!

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
I got a letter from Ford today explaining that I need to apply a new Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) Label (included in the letter) under the hood of my BS. It turns out that the label that was originally put on is missing two acronyms. After looking under the hood I found that both EGR and EGRC are the missing items from the original label. How could Ford let this happen?!?! I feel like my vehicle is unsafe now and I risk every kind of failure under the sun. What a death trap!!! OH WHAT SHALL I DOOO!!!??? We're DOOMED!!!! DOOMED I SAY!!! Thank goodness I have a Subaru dealer a half mile from my house!! 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 :bow: Ok, I'm totally acting but wondering if anyone else got this recently.

Ford Bronco Sport Special Field Action 22L05 Outraged!!!! .........NOT!!!!! IMG_0214 2
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I got a letter from Ford today explaining that I need to apply a new Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) Label (included in the letter) under the hood of my BS. It turns out that the label that was originally put on is missing two acronyms. After looking under the hood I found that both EGR and EGRC are the missing items from the original label. How could Ford let this happen?!?! I feel like my vehicle is unsafe now and I risk every kind of failure under the sun. What a death trap!!! OH WHAT SHALL I DOOO!!!??? We're DOOMED!!!! DOOMED I SAY!!! Thank goodness I have a Subaru dealer a half mile from my house!! 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 :bow: Ok, I'm totally acting but wondering if anyone else got this recently.

Ford Bronco Sport Special Field Action 22L05 Outraged!!!! .........NOT!!!!! IMG_0214 2
Yep, got mine yesterday.......... after all that work, had to take a break and a few brewskies.......

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Got it. Since it’s a recall, and I believe the letter said you could, I was half tempted to book the car at the dealer to have this recall completed! 😆 But I have a good working relationship with them & I might be the only one to see the humor…

BillC

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I worked at a local Ford dealer here in Nova Scotia in the early 2000's, and we had to install amended "emissions stickers" all the time. Sometimes we even had to do "door stickers" too. I actually ran into a 4.6l equipped F150 that had the incorrect engine info assigned to the VIN, and it had a pending special service action that hadn't been completed. I was doing doing an engine replacement under warranty, and the truck had a Romeo engine even though the VIN said it was Windsor equipped. It's been over 20 years, so the details are a little fuzzy, but suffice to say Ford Canada sent out a Windsor drop in 4.6l, and it would not "fit". My service manager eventually got the right engine sent out, but it was a battle. And yes, when the swap was completed, we installed the new sticker on the truck, and the VIN was amended in Ford Canada’s database.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

I got mine a week ago as well as a notice on Fordpass. Installing today, expecting significant HP gains while saving a couple of spotted owls.

MDwayne

Big Bend
First Name
MDwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport, 18 Zion SRT, 73 VW Super Beetle
OMG, don't do it! I have a 22 Sport BB, and right after I put it on, the first time my 487 LB Mother in Law got in it, my MPG dropped by 7%. How could Ford let this happen?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
OMG, don't do it! I have a 22 Sport BB, and right after I put it on, the first time my 487 LB Mother in Law got in it, my MPG dropped by 7%. How could Ford let this happen?
Pictures or it didn’t happen.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I gots sticker in mail too. But I cant figure how to install it so has to go to dealers.

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Haven't gotten a new sticker yet -- now I'm afraid to drive my Sport, expecting a visit from CARB (Calif Air Resources Board) at any moment to haul me away for my lawless ways.

Update: Whew! My sticker arrived today. I managed the installation myself, and can now drive freely in my neighborhood without worry about the black SUV following me . . .

Last edited: