mdwheaton

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Could someone post the link to the exact powerbass speakers for the front door mod? Thanks muchly!
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You put the same speaker in all four doors? Any changes, or just plug in and go?
Just plug in and go. I think it helps expand the sound field to have the extra tweeters. Recordings that have a good sound field really do sound outstanding.

mdwheaton

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Just plug in and go. I think it helps expand the sound field to have the extra tweeters. Recordings that have a good sound field really do sound outstanding.
What extra tweeters are you talking about?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got an email from Amazon suggesting some PowerBass speakers. In that email I saw some 6x9 options and one has me thinking it could be a good replacement for the subwoofer. Any thoughts from anyone who has actually dug in and seen the subwoofer?

Powerbass OE-690D 6x9 Midbass OEM Replacement Speakers/Woofers (Pair) https://a.co/d/bdZNjnL

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got an email from Amazon suggesting some PowerBass speakers. In that email I saw some 6x9 options and one has me thinking it could be a good replacement for the subwoofer. Any thoughts from anyone who has actually dug in and seen the subwoofer?

Powerbass OE-690D 6x9 Midbass OEM Replacement Speakers/Woofers (Pair) https://a.co/d/bdZNjnL
I took the plunge for everyone and replaced the subwoofer speaker this weekend. Have a look here if you like.

Sensei

Big Bend
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just replaced all 4 with those. It dramatically improved the quality of the sound. Having a sub installed today to improve low end.

Gents

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Edition Cactus Grey
Both Riotfunk & Meanderthal have done an outstanding job on this thread and with this information. I don't think any of us could ask for a better road map on affordably getting the best out of this fairly disgraceful BS Entertainment System. I'm immediately going to begin my improvements based on what they've brought to this thread. Thank you guys.

Ruffles

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
I installed the Power Bass co-axials this week along with some sound deadening material and the difference is night and day. Simple plug n play install. I highly recommend this. Thanks all for posting pics & instructions.

Gents

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fantastic. It's getting me more excited to get started on this. The two sets of speakers are sitting in my front room for almost 3 weeks now because...well, because I just haven't had the time to dig in. I'm motivated right now and I'll report this coming week just how well it all worked out.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fantastic. It's getting me more excited to get started on this. The two sets of speakers are sitting in my front room for almost 3 weeks now because...well, because I just haven't had the time to dig in. I'm motivated right now and I'll report this coming week just how well it all worked out.
It really is worth the time/effort. I also upgraded the speaker in the subwoofer and it isn't as big of an improvement but it does round out the system nicely.

Gents

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It really is worth the time/effort. I also upgraded the speaker in the subwoofer and it isn't as big of an improvement but it does round out the system nicely.
Thanks Meander...
I'm still not sure I want to dck around in that hard to get to compartment out back. I was thinking to get the same effect, possibly better, if I can just stick a powered subwoofer under the seat or put a small powered outboard box in the cargo area in the back. I'll figure it out.
Sponsored