Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I'm not saying it's a full blown issue. I'm just posting what a AAA guy said about the calls he's been making on vehicles with battery issues.
Again, my son in law did not ask what are the worst vehicles with battery issues. The guy said what he did about the BS without any input from my son in law about a BS.
Understood. I was responding to the other poster about “no one wanting to hear it” and just giving my opinion that a handful of responses doesn’t correlate to people being sheep and turning a blind eye to a problem, rather that the sample size being used is far and away too small to make such a correlation.
Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Count me as one of the AAA statistics.
I used AAA several times when my Badlands had it's original FoMoCo lead acid battery.
Have not needed them once since the battery was replaced with a Motorcraft AGM.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Count me as one of the AAA statistics.
I used AAA several times when my Badlands had it's original FoMoCo lead acid battery.
Have not needed them once since the battery was replaced with a Motorcraft AGM.
Agree. My 21 Badlands battery had to be replaced at approximately 5,000 kms.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
AAA guy, huh? Let me share my last and never again AAA experience with you guys.

Decided to get an oil change at AAA, got one. Drove home and the next morning there was oil on my driveway. Checked and it was leaking around the filter. Took it back as it was obviously a defective filter or the ring wasn't lubed before installation. They apologized, fixed it and I drove it home. Next morning oil under the car again. Checked and now it was leaking from the drain plug. Looked like the washer was missing. Took it back and they "fixed it".

Fast forward to 6 months later, it was leaking oil again, took it to a Ford dealer and it turns out that they'd lost the washer, so they cut a piece of chamois and used it for a filter. Also, the drain plug was an aftermarket plug.

That's it for me. No more AAA in my future except for road service if I need it and if there was a viable competitor I'd use them instead.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
An opinion but his job is to service people with vehicle issues. So, his opinion has more validity than us here.
Hmmm. We're hearing this third-hand; I played the telephone game enough to know a lot of meaning can change in just a few transfers. Without a chance to ask the guy some questions I don't think I would give this claim any more credence than any other rando on the internet.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
A month ago the Jeep battery went dead. He called AAA and they jumped it or changed the battery. My son in law didn't want to tell me
but when he asked if the Wrangler has this problem, he said a few but the small Broncos Wow. They are the #1 by far. LOL.
I don't worry about the battery because it's constantly charged when the Bronco is not in use.
you believe this? Must believe everything you see on the news or on an Internet forum

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
This really is too f…ing funny. A poster reports an anecdotal experience and people climb all over him for “statistics”. Give it a rest people. It’s an anecdotal experience!!! My BS battery has been whining via the app messages for 3 years. I actually like it because it turns off the auto stop/start “feature”. People need to lighten up.

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
AAA, Ford Service and Bronco Forum walk into a bar with a battery and the bartender (@Mark S. ) says “. What is this a joke?”

Thank you …. I’m here all year…. Don’t forget to tip your moderator.

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
An opinion but his job is to service people with vehicle issues. So, his opinion and experiences have more validity than us here.
Possibly. I have found that if one drives a certain vehicle some people like to spout off rumors they have heard is all, like guys up here stating that Jeeps are rusting out faster than they used to. I look at the Jeeps I encounter and don't see it. But I run into people who will.swear by it. Go figure.

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
Possibly. I have found that if one drives a certain vehicle some people like to spout off rumors they have heard is all, like guys up here stating that Jeeps are rusting out faster than they used to. I look at the Jeeps I encounter and don't see it. But I run into people who will.swear by it. Go figure.
Not as fast as Cybertrucks….so I heard. 😂
Sponsored