So here’s a really dumb question for y’all.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don't know what Ford was thinking, but I'm really glad that Tectico came out with their light kit. I hooked mine up as turn signal only. My other vehicles had turn signals built into the rear-view mirrors. The Tectico kit replaces the missing side turn signal. I see no need for a running or side marker light in this location, but I think the turn signal indicator is a no brainer.
Ford Bronco Sport So here’s a really dumb question for y’all. 100_6744.JPG
All of the front/rear turns are clearly visible from the sides also. (There rears are so large I can't help think signal mirrors wouldn't just be redundant.) This is just a fake vent styling cue similar to the ones on almost all new Ford pickups.
Sponsored

hwildey

Big Bend
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don't know what Ford was thinking, but I'm really glad that Tectico came out with their light kit. I hooked mine up as turn signal only. My other vehicles had turn signals built into the rear-view mirrors. The Tectico kit replaces the missing side turn signal. I see no need for a running or side marker light in this location, but I think the turn signal indicator is a no brainer.
That makes the little thing nice and functional. I dig it. I will look into that too. I had always assumed that it was a thing the higher trims got.

23BigBend

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Nice idea. And looks sharp too!

Nosmo Rex

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I added the Tectico kit to my OBX and it looks great.

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
Asking questions is a tigger's favorite thing to do (after bouncing of course)! 😅

——————————————————————
They are pretty to look at for sure, and they are definitely something I would like to add but I’ve had bad experience with poorly made electronics (especially lights) that are exposed to the “weather”. Some companies do it well and usually charge a premium for it, so the price on these makes me skeptical. Anybody had them on for more than 2 years now that can speak to that?

My suspicion is this might be a part you’d have to replace every year or two because they just “go bad”. But that’s just an initial gut feeling based on where they’re located and the price.
I’m on day 3 with the ones that are just side markers that are plug-n-play. No blinkers. Not splicing any wires… yet. 🤞

S Duncan

Outer Banks
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
When your Bronco is hanging off a cliff and you fall out on to the fender....

Its a hand hold so you can climb back in ....just before you go over the edge!
Yikes!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
It's a fashion statement. It also ties the Bronco Sport in with other Ford models, which all seem to have similar non-functional side vents.
Kind of like men having nipples.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Asking questions is a tigger's favorite thing to do (after bouncing of course)! 😅

——————————————————————
They are pretty to look at for sure, and they are definitely something I would like to add but I’ve had bad experience with poorly made electronics (especially lights) that are exposed to the “weather”. Some companies do it well and usually charge a premium for it, so the price on these makes me skeptical. Anybody had them on for more than 2 years now that can speak to that?

My suspicion is this might be a part you’d have to replace every year or two because they just “go bad”. But that’s just an initial gut feeling based on where they’re located and the price.
I'm a year and a half in with mine. No issues. They've lived in the AZ desert heat (had a few 120 degree days last summer) and now the rains of the western NC mountains.

rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL
What is the purpose of this plastic plate on the Bronco Sport Outer Banks? I’ve seen people install after-market side marker lights there, but is it intended for something else? Does it actually have a function such as a fender vent/engine compartment vent or is it just a place-holder?

Ford Bronco Sport So here’s a really dumb question for y’all. bronco-sport-plate-1
Future charging port for plug in and all electric versions .
Sponsored