Ericnovitskiy

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’ve seen some people on here talking about this. There’s an exhaust like smell coming thru the vents when I have my AC on now. I changed the Cabin air filter, which was due for me to change. The smell is a bit less but it’s there. Does this possibly have a connection to the Cracked fuel injector CSP? If anyone else experienced this did you get it fixed?
Sponsored

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Definitely a cracked catalytic converter. I had this same issue and got much worse over time. Make sure you take the tech on a ride along and make sure they can smell it because if it’s faint they won’t fix it and you’ll get your typical “couldn’t replicate” answer.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I’ve seen some people on here talking about this. There’s an exhaust like smell coming thru the vents when I have my AC on now. I changed the Cabin air filter, which was due for me to change. The smell is a bit less but it’s there. Does this possibly have a connection to the Cracked fuel injector CSP? If anyone else experienced this did you get it fixed?
Hi there, Eric. Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer, and I’ll look into this concern regarding your AC.

OP
OP
Ericnovitskiy

Ericnovitskiy

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Definitely a cracked catalytic converter. I had this same issue and got much worse over time. Make sure you take the tech on a ride along and make sure they can smell it because if it’s faint they won’t fix it and you’ll get your typical “couldn’t replicate” answer.
What you said pretty much is what happened. They called and said the mechanic can’t find any leaks or problems. I said well then why is there a smell, there wasn’t a smell for the last 3 years. The rep said well if it continues drop it off again. No help as usual from my dealer.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I would take it to a muffler shop. I would think any of them would have a CO sniffer. Carbon monoxide will make you sleepy and give you a headache, right before it kills you.
Sponsored