Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
I know there’s a specific thread for this but it was left unresolved.
This is my situation.
My BS will sit for 24hrs+ and I’m unable to remote start it via the Ford Pass app but I can still remote start it via the key fob. Is it because the BS goes into some type of sleep mode which makes communicating with the app impossible? If so, why can it still communicate with the fob? It remote started flawlessly with the fob.
Had the BS for less than a month and I’ve seen no indications of a problem with the battery. No warnings. No lights etc… *I can use the remote start through the app normally throughout the day. No problems but let that BS get some shuteye and 🙅‍♀️.
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Is your BS a ‘23 model that you owned for a month or is your BS an older model that you have owned for a month

if your battery is pretty new, are you driving enough to keep the battery mostly charged up?

one possible explanation for the issue you are having is a battery that isn’t kept charged or a failing battery. Have the battery load tested (not just a simple voltage test) if you aren’t sure.

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
Is your BS a ‘23 model that you owned for a month or is your BS an older model that you have owned for a month

if your battery is pretty new, are you driving enough to keep the battery mostly charged up?

one possible explanation for the issue yiu are having is a battery that isn’t kept charged or a failing battery. Have the battery load tested (not just a simple voltage test) if you aren’t sure.
It’s a new ‘23 with that EFB battery. I guess I’m not driving it enough to keep the battery mostly charged up but I scratch my head at that. My last car was a ‘21 Subaru and it had way more bells and whistles to tax the electrical system than this BS (ventilated seats, power folding *heated mirrors, heated wiper park, driver facing alert camera…) and it never gave me any problems in regards to the battery and/or the remote start via an app. Plus, I averaged barely 5k a year with that one. Is this a Ford thing?

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I cannot help other than to say that in my experience, this is odd. I also drive only about 6,000 miles a year and I have owned multiple Sports. All of them immediately started with the app, even if sat for a week or two.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When the vehicle is deep sleep mode, the modem is asleep as well which means no wifi or cellular communication.
If your vehicle is going into deep sleep, its trying to protect the battery, I would get the battery checked out. Being a 2023 vehicle its seems odd that the battery could have a problem, though its not unheard of.

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
You might check to see if the connect app is locating your car. I have been meaning to start a thread about the similar issue I am having. Where my car is typically parked, in my drive outside, on the north side of my house, there appears to be a dead zone where the connect app can’t find my car to remote start it. If I am at an Airbnb away from home it works like a charm. I live in Ga so it will only be mildly inconvenient during the winter if I can’t solve the issue. Have not put much effort into the diagnosis process yet.

roboto65

Big Bend
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
I wonder if it is a time issue if the BS sits more than 2 weeks without moving it will go into sleep mode. I am a Tugboat Captain and I am on the boat for 2 weeks at a time. This time I am riding for one of our other wheelman and it means I am on the boat for 5 weeks, I am 2 and half weeks into the trip.
The reason I explained that was this Tuesday I used the App and started my BS to show one of the guys how it worked. I did not bring my key fob but opened the BS and showed him around. Well the very next day I am on the boat and the app tells me it has gone into sleep mode.
My BS is a 2023 with 3000 miles on it.

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
Hmmmm I haven't had that experience as yet. My '23 BS Heritage trim was purchased in late August. I've been using the scheduled start via the app on my iPhone off and on since then.

Recently, the BS was parked in my garage from Nov 11th to the 14th. The BS fired up via the app on Tuesday morning using the scheduled start feature. The ONLY difference that i see - i do not have the ability to start the vehicle via my key fob, but i don't think this is a significant difference.

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
You might check to see if the connect app is locating your car. I have been meaning to start a thread about the similar issue I am having. Where my car is typically parked, in my drive outside, on the north side of my house, there appears to be a dead zone where the connect app can’t find my car to remote start it. If I am at an Airbnb away from home it works like a charm. I live in Ga so it will only be mildly inconvenient during the winter if I can’t solve the issue. Have not put much effort into the diagnosis process yet.
Thanks. The app is locating my bs and I’m not getting any notifications about low battery etc. strange.

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
Hmmmm I haven't had that experience as yet. My '23 BS Heritage trim was purchased in late August. I've been using the scheduled start via the app on my iPhone off and on since then.

Recently, the BS was parked in my garage from Nov 11th to the 14th. The BS fired up via the app on Tuesday morning using the scheduled start feature. The ONLY difference that i see - i do not have the ability to start the vehicle via my key fob, but i don't think this is a significant difference.
My last two cars only had remote start via an app. No fob remote start. My BS starts up w/o any problem with the fob. Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
I wonder if it is a time issue if the BS sits more than 2 weeks without moving it will go into sleep mode. I am a Tugboat Captain and I am on the boat for 2 weeks at a time. This time I am riding for one of our other wheelman and it means I am on the boat for 5 weeks, I am 2 and half weeks into the trip.
The reason I explained that was this Tuesday I used the App and started my BS to show one of the guys how it worked. I did not bring my key fob but opened the BS and showed him around. Well the very next day I am on the boat and the app tells me it has gone into sleep mode.
My BS is a 2023 with 3000 miles on it.
Thanks for replying. Two weeks, one week, shoot three days and I’d be a little less concern but just 24hrs… and w/o any indication of battery drain is strange. After 24hr+ w/o driving the auto start/stop feature works fine. I’ve read on this forum that’s usually a tell-tell sign of a potential battery problem.

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
Tested voltage and load for the battery and BOOM! No surprise. I’m a proud dad to a happy, healthy 12volter. Didn’t expect anything else.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That's really odd but candidly I'm not entirely surprised-- the new battery tech is wonky. And if you think the battery issues on these are bad you should see what the Jeep guys deal with.

What irks me is the only two vehicles in the Ford lineup that can use the phone in place of a key is the Mach-E and Lightning. I'd honestly never carry a key (and lose it again) if I could use my phone instead. Otherwise the remote lock/unlock and start from the phone is a useless feature in my world.

Rogerthat898

Big Bend
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I would guess you are parked in a spot that doesn't get reliable cell service.
The remote key fob start and the remote start from the app use two separate systems.

Next time you get home and park in your same spot, try and use the remote start from the app but without waiting for a long time frame and see if it works.
You can then try moving the car and parking down the street and try using the app to start again and see if it works then.
If one works and not the other it is probably due to cell service.

OP
OP

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
I would guess you are parked in a spot that doesn't get reliable cell service.
The remote key fob start and the remote start from the app use two separate systems.

Next time you get home and park in your same spot, try and use the remote start from the app but without waiting for a long time frame and see if it works.
You can then try moving the car and parking down the street and try using the app to start again and see if it works then.
If one works and not the other it is probably due to cell service.
Thank you. I’m leaning towards that direction.
Sponsored