PetRock

Badlands
First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don't think you'll have any issues towing a teardrop and added stuff in the car. My BS towed the boat 45 miles, I'm not sure how much it weighs, and just my 5yo in the car with me, not much stuff. Since the distance was fairly short, no mpg decline noticed. We're towing the camper with the Bronco to Moab in May (4 hr drive), so I'll be able to comment better after that trip.
Thanks for the input. Keep us updated! That sounds like a awesome adventure right there
Sponsored

FairFrank

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Yeah ain't no way three of those trailers are worth one Bronco Sport. I could buy an aluminum trailer that size for $800 at Lowes or Home desperation then buy a welder and DIY for less than three grand...
Sorry for bothering you. Are the MIG welders are suitable for that kind of work? Upd. I meant classic Hobart 140(specifications) as an example

Last edited:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Sorry for bothering you. Are the MIG welders are suitable for that kind of work?
No idea, sorry. I got a buddy that welds tig and mig. I’ll ask him if I can remember.

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Thanks for the input. Keep us updated! That sounds like a awesome adventure right there
Alright, just got back from Moab! Attended the Bronco Off-roadeo there Highly recommend! But on to the towing... On our way over it was really windy, and it was noticeable towing a camper. You could feel it trying to sway, but the Bronco's computer kept us straight, so that worked well. My husband thought a sway bar would be helpful because the Sport and the camper are short, and I think next time we will add that piece. We went most of the way dry, and then filled it with water in Monticello. On our way to the campsite, we had a really steep incline, up La Sal Loop Rd on the south end. I drove this section and just took it nice and easy the whole way. I'm a novice at towing, and found it a pretty easy go really, but could definitely feel the weight on the back. MPGs took a big hit, which is to be expected, was at about 16mpg round trip. On our way back, we then had to go down that steep curvy road. This was fully loaded and probably pushing the tow limit if 2200 lbs. The Sport did it just fine, but as there isn't a "low" setting we manually shifted down as much as possible without red lining on the tac. It whined, and we found ourselves thinking that some trailer brakes would be helpful, but we still made it safe and sound down the mountain without issue. The BS did the job, and I'm really happy with how good it did. Probably going to reward it with a good detail and an oil change soon. 😁
Hope this is helpful for someone!

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
My BL and I towed the boat to the lake and back this weekend. It did awesome! We also hooked it up to the camper to see how it would ride... not bad!
Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport PXL_20210919_191607197
Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport PXL_20210918_161901927
It was full of water, so way heavier than the dry weight of about 1800 lbs.
I thought those older trailers were way heavier than a couple thousand pounds. How does it tow?

slowpoke17

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '19 Ranger,'09 MB, '77 & 03 Corvette,
I was a little skeptical at first hauling anything with such a small motor. Up till now I had a Ram 1500 with the hemi engine, 400 hp. I was pleasantly surprised but it was a fairly light load. Still handled well.

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport IMG_20220428_105346

Wandering Pinto

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I just purchased my 2022 Badlands a few weeks ago to replace my 2015 Ford Escape. the escape pulled the camper just fine, same 2.0 EcoBoost. Trailer is a 12 foot Taylor coach Bobbie, 1700 lbs. loaded. The Escape pulled it fine, I am sure the Bronco will also. I need to put in a 7 pin connector and brake controller. My other tow Vehicle is a 78 For Pinto Cruising Wagon. Check out our travels https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCUaYB_oAsfhA9b0U24n3pw

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport thumbnail_KIMG3618

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport KIMG5306.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport KIMG5048.JPG

Stevenhutch

Big Bend
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport big bend
I am impressed with the 1.5 engine and its ability to tow in the hills of Tennessee. Probably due to the transmission and always being in a gear that doesn't lug the engine.
Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport 20210129_110758
Aren’t these like 2000 lbs empty? Did it pull it ok?

westcoaster818

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
My BL and I towed the boat to the lake and back this weekend. It did awesome! We also hooked it up to the camper to see how it would ride... not bad!
Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport PXL_20210919_191607197
Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport PXL_20210918_161901927
It was full of water, so way heavier than the dry weight of about 1800 lbs.
Cool. What size boat is that and how much does it weigh with the trailer please?

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Cool. What size boat is that and how much does it weigh with the trailer please?
The boat is 17' long, not 100% sure on the weight. Specs online say the boat is 1850lbs dry. Not sure how heavy the trailer is because we haven't had it weighed.

Tiger314

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
We have a Flagstaff 2021 Mac (smallest model.). Tows great.

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport A78C3D6D-95F2-43A3-87FC-F8F615AA83BB
How about utility towing? I needed to get a lawn mower in for winter service and used the Badlands with our small utility trailer. This was the first time towing anything with the Badlands, and she pulls very well!

This is an extremely lightweight trailer. Between it and the mower I estimate the load at between 600-700 lbs, which is well below the max towing figure of 2000 lbs., and the Badlands handled it with ease.

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport BrocoTowin
Pulled a 5x9 U hail up with a not so light Santa. First tow with this Heritage.

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport IMG_3723
Sponsored