CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Way WAY cool yes but no where near $11,000 cool ! Not this boy ! It should be $5,000 and no more..
Yeah when I saw the trailer I was like OH MAN I NEED THIS. Then I saw the price and I think I'll just sleep in the vehicle ?

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
Can I ask how it pulled the trailer? I have a 6x10 and with a street glide in it, it sure didn’t like to pull it, fine on flat ground ofcourse, and I have the 2.0
Before I traded my BB, I used it for towing a 5x10 with a sportbike and track gear, probably 1800lbs total. The engine handled it fine, but the chassis and brakes felt like they were at their limits. It was also difficult to stay within Ford's tongue weight limit of 200lbs, I usually had to run a bit over. I definitely would have felt unsafe with anything larger than 5x10.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Nice Rig! What Brand is the Teardrop? How do you like it?
It's NuCamp T@G 320S Boondock. We love it. Lots of clearance so we can get it down dirt/fire roads with no trouble. Makes a great basecamp for our canoe adventures.

SlapLeather

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It's NuCamp T@G 320S Boondock. We love it. Lots of clearance so we can get it down dirt/fire roads with no trouble. Makes a great basecamp for our canoe adventures.
Thanks! Happy Trails, stay safe!

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The overland rooftop tents and trailers are so expensive. Just not worth the money imho. Saw this low cost option on Bass Pro. Just get a good tent and camping gear and load it up. The thought of sleeping on top of my vehicle has never been appealing either. An alternative that can also haul an atv or dirt bike.
Yutrax HC1500 ATV Trailer | Bass Pro Shops
This is for an atv; guarantee you wouldn't be able to get to highway speeds w/o some modifications. Won't be stable enough.
Unfortunately anything dealing with "overlanding" you are gonna pony up some $ one way or another ?‍♂
Have to pay to play sometimes

Jonnie T

Badlands
First Name
Jonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Don't have a trailer yet, but, seriously thinking of this one: ROVE LITE

Only weighs between 1700 and 1850 lbs with a tongue weight of 160 to 200lbs respectively. Note, these weights include Optional Power Awning and AC, so, it would be less without those.

https://travelliterv.com/rvs/2021-rove-lite-travel-trailers/

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 4.43.48 PM

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
The overland rooftop tents and trailers are so expensive. Just not worth the money imho. Saw this low cost option on Bass Pro. Just get a good tent and camping gear and load it up. The thought of sleeping on top of my vehicle has never been appealing either. An alternative that can also haul an atv or dirt bike.
Yutrax HC1500 ATV Trailer | Bass Pro Shops
we are into our rtt and crossbars for about $2k. worth every penny to us. some of the best sleeps ive had have been on the roof of the sport. the cool factor is a plus, we’ve had alot of people watch us set up and stow away. we arent really trailer people.

Reactions: MJE

Jonnie T

Badlands
First Name
Jonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Here's a couple more from a Canadian manufacturer (also around 1600 lbs OR LESS with bathrooms).

Pro Lite Profil - Dry Weight (1685 lbs), Tongue Weight (185 lbs)

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport adian-roulotte-prolite-model-profil--vus-camper-vr

Pro Lite Plus - Dry Weight (1590 lbs), Tongue Weight (165 lbs)

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport 9-plus-roulottes-prolite-uc5v3

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
How about utility towing? I needed to get a lawn mower in for winter service and used the Badlands with our small utility trailer. This was the first time towing anything with the Badlands, and she pulls very well!

This is an extremely lightweight trailer. Between it and the mower I estimate the load at between 600-700 lbs, which is well below the max towing figure of 2000 lbs., and the Badlands handled it with ease.

Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport BrocoTowin

Last edited:

PetRock

Badlands
First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My BL and I towed the boat to the lake and back this weekend. It did awesome! We also hooked it up to the camper to see how it would ride... not bad!
Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport PXL_20210919_191607197
Ford Bronco Sport Show us the trailers hitched up to your Bronco Sport PXL_20210918_161901927
It was full of water, so way heavier than the dry weight of about 1800 lbs.
I plan on towing a 1100-1200 teardrop trailer with the badland edition. Looking at your set up I think I’ll have no issue but, How is the squat on the car? Did you also had more wigth on the car such as passanger, bag etc, or was the car running ligth? Also what MPG you think you average while towing?

thanks

Last edited:

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I plan on towing a 1100-1200 teardrop trailer with the badland edition. Looking at your set up I think I’ll have no issue but, How is the squat on the car? Did you also had more wigth on the car such as passanger, bag etc, or was the car running ligth? Also what MPG you think you average while towing?

thanks
I don't think you'll have any issues towing a teardrop and added stuff in the car. My BS towed the boat 45 miles, I'm not sure how much it weighs, and just my 5yo in the car with me, not much stuff. Since the distance was fairly short, no mpg decline noticed. We're towing the camper with the Bronco to Moab in May (4 hr drive), so I'll be able to comment better after that trip.
Sponsored