Bro_Spo

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport | '14 Fusion | '63 Galaxie 500
New (and veteran) members, please drop in, say hello and introduce yourselves!

We think you’ll find (or have found) a welcoming, helpful and supportive community here!
Hello, fellow Bronco Sport owners!

I am very happy to be here & it's great to e-meet you all. I really appreciate this online community and the folks who post here are a great resource for Bronco Sport knowledge and inspiration in general.

I picked up my new 2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend yesterday. I have been looking for an Area 51 w/tow pkg & finally found one on the web at McGee Ford in Montpelier, VT (only 150 miles away.) Nicco and Kevin at McGee cut me a solid offer over the web, so I hit the road to purchase the vehicle & had a great experience at McGee.

It was a balmy -14 degrees when I drove off the lot & pointed her nose west towards home. She thoroughly impressed me during the long drive back and I have zero regrets (once my toes thawed out). She's already proved her mettle as a cold weather warrior & I'm looking forward to more amazing adventures.

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? BroSpo1

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

I am very happy to be here & it's great to e-meet you all. I really appreciate this online community and the folks who post here are a great resource for Bronco Sport knowledge and inspiration in general.

I picked up my new 2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend yesterday. I have been looking for an Area 51 w/tow pkg & finally found one on the web at McGee Ford in Montpelier, VT (only 150 miles away.) Nicco and Kevin at McGee cut me a solid offer over the web, so I hit the road to purchase the vehicle & had a great experience at McGee.

It was a balmy -14 degrees when I drove off the lot & pointed her nose west towards home. She thoroughly impressed me during the long drive back and I have zero regrets (once my toes thawed out). She's already proved her mettle as a cold weather warrior & I'm looking forward to more amazing adventures.

Welcome Jake. Enjoy your new ride...and stay warm!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Welcome aboard. I think you’ll find that the BS is great in snow. Mine happens the be a Badlands , but I’m sure the Big Bend will be great as well.

Bro_Spo

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bro_Spo

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome aboard. I think you’ll find that the BS is great in snow. Mine happens the be a Badlands , but I’m sure the Big Bend will be great as well.
Thx Steve! As long as the heater works! LOL

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

407guy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking...
New member here. Central Florida area. Currently drive a 2019 Honda Passport Elite AWD with almost 60k miles on it. Not sure we need such a large vehicle anymore so the Bronco Sport, Badlands specifically, is near the top of our wish list.

Admittedly, reading all the brake issues/challenges has me wondering about the Bronco Sport. No judgement has been rendered yet by me as I'm taking my time to read and understand.

And then there's the issue of finding one to test drive at some point... :frown:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Admittedly, reading all the brake issues/challenges has me wondering about the Bronco Sport. No judgement has been rendered yet by me as I'm taking my time to read and understand.
Ford has certainly experienced a number of production issues of late—more so than other manufacturers. That said, I would only eliminate a vehicle from a possible purchase list for safety or long-term reliability concerns. I don't view any of the issues with the Bronco Sport to rise to that level. For example, the two issues with brakes involved 1) a recall to replace existing pads with higher friction alternatives to meet an obscure test parameter (specifically, braking distance with a failed brake booster), and b) a technical service bulletin to replace parts responsible for annoying noises when backing up. All new Bronco Sports coming off the line will comply with the recall, and Ford is currently rolling out parts kits to dealerships to deal with the noise issue.

All that is to say don't eliminate the Bronco Sport for the problems you read about here. Or at least take the time to frequent the forums for other vehicles you're considering, because I can almost guarantee they each have their own unique set of problems.

407guy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking...
All that is to say don't eliminate the Bronco Sport for the problems you read about here. Or at least take the time to frequent the forums for other vehicles you're considering, because I can almost guarantee they each have their own unique set of problems.
Certainly have not and really not considering eliminating the Bronco Sport. I understand it's all relative. For example I've had more electrical gremlins with the Honda than my wife's Alfa Romeo (most of the previous reputation with Alfa was with their electronics). :thumbsup:

Puckduck

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Hello Everyone, good to be on this forum. I'm from Orange County
CA but moving up to the San Bernardino mountains in several months. I have ordered a 2023 Badlands in Eruption Green. I ordered prior to Christmas 2022 and have a build date of March 27th but recently changed to April 13th. Looking forward to picking up the new vehicle around June. I have to say I'm getting a little nervous about the reliability of the Bronco after reading negative posts on this forum. I haven't purchased a domestic model in years and use to the reliability of Toyota, Lexus, etc. Hopefully, many of the problems have been resolved for the 2023 models. Scott

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hello from South East NC. My name is Bruce and I just bought a Cyber Orange 2022 Outer Banks! My stable also includes a 2020 F250 Tremor. I have been a member of that forum for 3 years. Looking forward to lots of good info on cool mods! USAF Ret.

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? 0304231746_HDR

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? Bronco Sport1

jhnvan

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Hello everyone,

I'm James from the west coast of Canada. Recently signed up for these forums looking for all the knowledge i can find. I bought a late 2022 outer banks last month and can't wait to go adventuring some more.

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? 20230306_115751
Sponsored