Safe lite quoting $2,200 for windshield replacement!?

Fletch

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Cactus
Any one have any alternative as it seems like there are hundreds of people that have already broken their windshields?
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
No insurance coverage?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
No insurance coverage?
Most insurance companies only promote or recommend Safelite. My brother owned an independent Auto Glass company his business was mostly with auto body shops that wanted it fixed right. They were responsible for the entire job. When itā€™s just the windshield, sidelite, or rear window, 9 out of 10 times the insurance will deal directly with Safelite.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Any one have any alternative as it seems like there are hundreds of people that have already broken their windshields?
A couple months ago my dealer ā€˜s parts department verbally quoted me $550 for the glass ( if I am not mistaken that was with delivery to a local installer and a discount off MSRP. My local dealers parts team is flexible with the pricing. )

I had a tiny non reparable chip. ( was told it wonā€™t get worse just cosmetic. ) I donā€™t remember which installed quoted me but it was under $400 if I bring my own glass. I did not end up fixing it.

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Have you confirmed with your insurance company? Many insurance plans cover windshields with little or $0 deductible. It's a comprehensive claim and will not affect your rate.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have it just seems like a fucking rip off and if Iā€™m paying my deductible Iā€™d rather atleast look into alternative options or support someone other than greedy pricks
I did not mean to laugh at your situation but your description of your feelings I found fucking hilarious.

Take a deep breath and keep smiling! šŸ˜‰

OP
OP
Fletch

Fletch

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Cactus
I did not mean to laugh at your situation but your description of your feelings I found fucking hilarious.

Take a deep breath and keep smiling! šŸ˜‰
Consumers are getting fucked because we just bend over and donā€™t look at alternatives. Safe lite was charging less than half of this for the same exact repair six months ago. Not sure whatā€™s so funny about trying to chose to spend my money at businesses I would rather support

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
Had my rear driver side window smashed by thugs.
My comp is $100.
After a few weeks of waiting, Safelight came out with a non-OEM replacement. I said no thanks.
ā€œOhā€¦you need to tell your insurance you want OEM windowā€¦we need to order from dealerā€ā€¦guy leaves.
A month later it gets done, but first they wanted me to drive into their shopā€¦I said no..you come here, like the commercials , that was another week of waiting.
Durning the long wait I called my local dealer, got a price of $250 for the glass and will take 2 weeks to get. Not sure where Safelight orders OEM glass from.
Here is my other issue with windows.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I just had a new windshield put in by Safelite recently. Windshield was about 576.00 and labor about 380.00 for a just under 1000.00 price. This did not include a windshield calibration they were unable to do for some reason. Had to schedule a appointment with ford 2 weeks down the road, wasn't happy. I've only washed my truck once since install and found a puddle of water on the passenger floor which never happened before so it may be going back to fix leaking windshield. It was another 135.00 from ford for the calibration.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Last edited:

2XIPA

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Civic, and a Subaru
Another consideration with window replacement is the molding around the glass. They try to use a generic replacement that looks like a garden hose around the windshield. It's big, bulbus, ugly, and bunches up in the corners when they follow the outline of the windshield. I've had to turn away installers since I requested an OEM molding and they did not have it with them for the install.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
The cost of the windshield also depends on the options of the vehicle. Auto wipers requires a different windshield, for example. Then thereā€™s the calibration of the cameras for the AEB system.

OP
OP
Fletch

Fletch

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Cactus
The cost of the windshield also depends on the options of the vehicle. Auto wipers requires a different windshield, for example. Then thereā€™s the calibration of the cameras for the AEB system.
mine has not heat and no auto wipers.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
When my dealer replaced my Fusionā€™s windshield, they ordered the glass and had a contractor install it.

When a windshield is replaced is there an increased risk of corrosion because of the way it is removed?

Isnā€™t it cut out?
Sponsored