Buck Savage

Base
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Dealt with the knocking on my RC lift for a year(tried new nuts and had to constantly tighten them every road trip)before I found purchased new live adjustable sway bar links by whiteline...they need to be set way longer than they suggest to get a good ride...both of my drop down brackets snapped caused damage to the fiber wellwall...but they sent a better version the second time...finally happy with it
Sponsored

OP
OP
CrashBend

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Why would they when they sell an oem hitch?

Bdud the Ford Factory EOM is not available and the parts guy told me he does not know when it will be available. U-Haul on the other hand had the hitch in stock. Go figure...

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Bdud the Ford Factory EOM is not available and the parts guy told me he does not know when it will be available. U-Haul on the other hand had the hitch in stock. Go figure...
There has been some discussion about how the factory hitch is attached in a more secure way than aftermarket hitches. One example of that is the rear bumper cover must be removed to install the factory hitch but not for aftermarket. Just information, do with it what you want.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country 1.5" lift kit installed A61F0CC2-9A4D-48FC-9F58-96FAFB8587B0

This is under one side of my Curt after market non OEM hitch. Other side also has the same. I feel confident this is just as secure and strong as OEM/Factory install.
I am glad you are confident.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Last edited:

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

Bdud

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It took a little over a month for my hitch to come in.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I feel confident this is just as secure and strong as OEM/Factory install.
Curt has been making hitches and hitch installation kits for a long, long time, so I would tend to agree with this.

For comparison, here's an overview of the OEM hitch attachment scheme. The receiver is integral (i.e. welded) to the bumper, which is a beefy rectangular steel tube. In this photo you can see the gussets welded to the receiver. The other end of the gussets are welded to the bumper above it.

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country 1.5" lift kit installed Receiver

The bumper spans the rear of the vehicle, and is bolted to the frame at either end. In the photo below you can see the end of the bumper and the bracketry attaching it to the frame. The view is looking up from the bottom, with the top of the photo toward the front of the vehicle. There is only a single bolt going through the bottom of the bumper bracket into the frame visible in the photo. Not visible are the two other bolts going through the left and right side of the bracket into the frame.

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country 1.5" lift kit installed FrameAttach

OP
OP
CrashBend

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Unless they have fixed it, the strut spacer is putting all the load through the bolt at the top of the strut, instead of through the “hat”. That single point of support, instead of a big round ring, is a very bad thing. I think the noise is coming from the whole thing bending on the single point of support.

The other issue is the little brackets they supply to move the attachment point for the sway bar endlinks. Those brackets have broken for some. If I purchased one of those lifts, I’ll be looking for sway bar endlinks that are the right length (or adjustable to the right length).
Are you doing more serious off roading and rough trails?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, no. I don’t yet have a BS or other 4 wheeled vehicle capable of going off road. Others have reported issues with lift kits after just a few miles of driving around town. I don’t think you have to do much/any off road driving to have issues with the RC lift kit.
Sponsored