Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
When I replaced my 2014 F150, mediocre taillights, and reverse lights to LEDs I noticed a considerable difference when breaking at night in my rear view and side mirrors. But I changed the whole tail light assembly with a different style. So was curious if anyone here noticed a difference in their rear view at night. I can see very well at night with my LEDs in my F150, however it's not very accurate depiction as I changed the whole assembly itself and not OEM. Don't suppose anyone has some before AND after pics?
I could see doing the reverse lights. I know that the LED’s are brighter so perhaps people can see you better, but we already have the LED’s around the tail lights. Just my opinion.
Sponsored

Brader2

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Here are the pics on the tail lamps from the manual. I haven't seen them posted. I apologize in advance if they have already been posted.

Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's imagen2 (1)

Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's imagen2
Any updates on the LED tail lights and turn signal lights? I’d like to do this as well. Any info would be great. Thanks.

brianloch1974

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Any updates on the LED tail lights and turn signal lights? I’d like to do this as well. Any info would be great. Thanks.
Since the replacement I have not had any issues. Was a bad bulb.

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
I too have replaced all tail light bulbs with no issues…maybe I got lucky, but used all different brands (all of which advertised compatibility) from Amazon. It has been a month now.

PhinG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I replaced my tail lights with LEDs almost 10 months ago. My driver's side brake light went out today. I stuck the OEM back in until I figure to buy a new LED or change the other side back to OEM. The driver side blinker has been hyper flashing for the past two months, but still work fine from the outside. Just a little annoying. I'll either try a different bulb or change everything back. Don't know yet.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Pop a new LED in that socket and
Fagetaboutit, :’P

PhinG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I replaced my tail lights with LEDs almost 10 months ago. My driver's side brake light went out today. I stuck the OEM back in until I figure to buy a new LED or change the other side back to OEM. The driver side blinker has been hyper flashing for the past two months, but still work fine from the outside. Just a little annoying. I'll either try a different bulb or change everything back. Don't know yet.
Follow up. The hyper flashing stopped when I put the OEM bulb in for the brake light, so I'm going to guess that LED was going bad for a bit. As @Osco suggested, I put a new LED brake bulb in today and everything seems to be working again. I went with this one this time:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082HK9TK1

brianloch1974

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Since the replacement I have not had any issues. Was a bad bulb.
Follow up.

The second bulb went bad... I installed resistors and a new bulb on drivers side. Passenger side has been installed since I originally installed them. I hope this is the remedy.

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
Funny thing... Changing to LEDs is the first thing I do on my motorcycles. But I never thought about swapping them out on any of my cars till I stumbled upon this thread. I'll be using the OP's links... Thanks!

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Is it that LEDs don't put off heat like halogen bulbs, so the ice around the light housing won't melt?
Just like modern traffic lights. They get snow covered for the same reason.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Whether they were either halogen or incandescent, they went into the garbage and were replaced by the led's
Just to be a smart ass, isnt a halogen a form of incandecent?:cwl:

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Not really. When my wife drives behind me she says they light up quicker than standard bulbs. I guess from a safety perspective, that's important as it helps reaction time.
[/QUO
Follow up.

The second bulb went bad... I installed resistors and a new bulb on drivers side. Passenger side has been installed since I originally installed them. I hope this is the remedy.
I always thought that a vehicle going down the road was a bad idea for led bulbs vs incandecents. Only because life span is affected by the harsh environment. I do like them but have only used them 1 other time. I just use a better quality halogen when they go out. Sometimes the extra aggrevation of removing housings is a PITA. signed older wiser and LAZIER.

Jcera304

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Follow up.

What resistors did you install? I keep having a hyper flash issue inside on the driver’s side. The bulbs work fine and I’ve replaced them twice now.
Sponsored