brianloch1974

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I don't know much about LEDs. Please explain what you mean by this statement. Thanks.
I don't know much about LEDs. Please explain what you mean by this statement. Thanks.
I live in PA and have use led since 2015 and have never had an issue in winter. I am not sure what you mean by this. If so the factory installed led would be no different.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Hhhmm, my window sticker says it already has LED’s for the taillights.

Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's 44AC43A7-4C7C-4B70-A308-55FA22E2B457

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curious as to why you blacked out the price? Is that top-secret confidential? I'm pretty sure everyone knows what these cost.
Ask an you shall receive, no particular reason just felt like doing it that way.
Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's FDA46E29-870F-476B-BD04-472C7AA2F1BE

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Hhhmm, my window sticker says it already has LED’s for the taillights.

Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's 44AC43A7-4C7C-4B70-A308-55FA22E2B457
The tail lights are LED from the factory and that is all. The turn signals, brake lights, and back up lights are halogen and need to be replaced if you want all LED's.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The tail lights are LED from the factory and that is all. The turn signals, brake lights, and back up lights are halogen and need to be replaced if you want all LED's.
Oh okie Dokie then Thanks.

rjs0962

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport-Badlands, BMW330i, Subaru Forester
Have to assume there was a reason to build the whole car LED and then "forget" those 3 specific lamps. 100% LEDs is gonna suck in the ice.
Why would LED's "suck in the ice"?

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
They don't lol. They are actually more efficient in colder weather. So not sure why that comment was made.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I think that person believes that incandescent bulbs would melt the ice because they get hot. If that did actually do anything it would be from the taillights. Those are LED from the factory, just not turn, brake, or reverse. None of which are on long enough to melt ice.

Edit: If you are the kind of person that waits for the bulbs to get hot enough to melt ice off the lens, then you might want to reconsider how you are doing things. You are probably also the same person that drives down the road with 8" of snow on the roof throwing bombs at everyone behind you. Don't be so damn lazy and clean this crap off your car!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Halogen or incandescent? I didn't know any manufacturer was using halogen for anything besides head, fog, or driving lights.
Whether they were either halogen or incandescent, they went into the garbage and were replaced by the led's

yoyoEK1025

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Since Ford felt that it wasn't necessary to have led lights on the rear of the Bronco Sport like it does on the rest of the vehicle, I replaced the rear turn signals, reverse lights and brake lights with led versions. I have listed the items that I used below and also have had no hyperflash issues with any of them. The reverse lights make a huge difference at night with the rear back-up camera visibility. Total cost for everything was around $50.

Unlike the bulbs that others have posted, these DO NOT require any additional resistors.

These are my modifications to my vehicle that I did myself and verified that they were working before posting here so that anyone who wants to do the same doesn't have to spend an eternity to find the ones that actually work.

Rear Turn Signals - WY16W
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCZVLCS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Reverse Lamps - W21W
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H6YPB8N?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Brake Lights - P27/7W
(white version)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082HK9TK1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

(red version)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CML8MYJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Great Content , Saved lots of touble .

brianloch1974

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Thank you @Whitenight, this was the post I needed to upgrade my tail lights. I used 2 of the 3 you recommended (another from the other thread) and they work great. Had them in for about a week with no issues at all. These are the ones I used:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCZVLCS
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WZ5XWDY
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H6YPB8N

The biggest pain was pulling off the rubber trim to get to the tail lights. Mainly because one of the clips stayed behind. It was a bear to get out, but I was able to use some tweezers to grab the inner part to squeeze them out. I put it back on the trim and was able to reinstall it without any issue. The rest was just like changing any car bulb.

Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's 20211231_123220
Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's 20211231_124031
Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's 20211231_131554

Here are the pics on the tail lamps from the manual. I haven't seen them posted. I apologize in advance if they have already been posted.

Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's imagen2 (1)

Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's imagen2
Sponsored