DonG

Big Bend
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend, 2009 Dodge Caliber
So I can remote start with the app but not with my fob. Anyone know what would need to be done in order for me to be able to use a fob. Seems like if it can do it from the Ford app it could do it from the fob.
If you check out Ford accessories, you'll find that the Ford Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System will add the ability to use your existing fob for remote start. It's $215 for parts and $50 to install, according to the website.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
KRYSTAL11375

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
If you check out Ford accessories, you'll find that the Ford Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System will add the ability to use your existing fob for remote start. It's $215 for parts and $50 to install, according to the website.
I'll check into that.

00Doc

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger 4x4 XLT, Ordered 2022 Bronco Sport BB
I installed a Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System on my 2021 Ranger and am glad to hear it also will work on the Bronco Sport Big Bend I have ordered.

GCross762

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Check out Fairway Ford or Tasca Ford on line. They sell the Perimeter Plus for ~166-175 bucks.

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have the perimeter plus alarm on my badlands. I’m quite happy with it so far. Once it’s installed you can remote start with your existing fob by pressing lock, unlock, lock. Mainly got it for the shock alarm since catalytic converter theft is utterly out of control here. But the remote start is a nice bonus.

ATXDave

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX
i dunno if it was a dealer added item, but yes it came on ours. it's too damn cold up here to not have remote start haha.
We have the opposite problem in Texas. Definitely a must have.

OP
OP
KRYSTAL11375

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
I added the Perimeter Plus system to mine a few months back and I can now start mine with my FOB. It's comes with the Perimeter Plus.