KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
So I can remote start with the app but not with my fob. Anyone know what would need to be done in order for me to be able to use a fob. Seems like if it can do it from the Ford app it could do it from the fob.
Sponsored

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend + BB
Try locking your doors three times. My F150 was the same way - no remote start button on the FOB, but 3x lock worked like a charm.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
lock, unlock, then hold the lock button. that's how ours works.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
So I can remote start with the app but not with my fob. Anyone know what would need to be done in order for me to be able to use a fob. Seems like if it can do it from the Ford app it could do it from the fob.
Remote start using the fob requires a specific module installed on the car. If your car was equipped with the remote start module from the factory then your fob will have a remote start button. Usually you have to press the lock button, then the remote start button for it to work.

If your fob doesn't have the remote start button then your car likely doesn't have the required module installed.

OP
OP
KRYSTAL11375

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
Remote start using the fob requires a specific module installed on the car. If your car was equipped with the remote start module from the factory then your fob will have a remote start button. Usually you have to press the lock button, then the remote start button for it to work.

If your fob doesn't have the remote start button then your car likely doesn't have the required module installed.
And that's what I am trying to find out because I can start it from the Ford app. So I'm wondering if it's something I can have done at the dealer so I can use a fob instead.

OP
OP
KRYSTAL11375

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
Try locking your doors three times. My F150 was the same way - no remote start button on the FOB, but 3x lock worked like a charm.
I think I've tried that once before, but I'll try again.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i dunno if it was a dealer added item, but yes it came on ours. it's too damn cold up here to not have remote start haha.

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I've tried that once before, but I'll try again.
Ah rats, is yours the base? I can't find anything on their website that states otherwise, but maybe the base doesn't come with the FOB remote start.

It's funny that my XL F150 came with the 3x lock option for remote start. Maybe it was a module added by my dealer...hm.

OP
OP
KRYSTAL11375

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
Ah rats, is yours the base? I can't find anything on their website that states otherwise, but maybe the base doesn't come with the FOB remote start.

It's funny that my XL F150 came with the 3x lock option for remote start. Maybe it was a module added by my dealer...hm.
No mine is a Big Bend but I didn't get the Big Bend package that was optional. I just got the regular old Big Bend.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
And that's what I am trying to find out because I can start it from the Ford app. So I'm wondering if it's something I can have done at the dealer so I can use a fob instead.
The FordPass app connects to the vehicle using a cellular signal, and therefore doesn't need the module to start the vehicle.

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No mine is a Big Bend but I didn't get the Big Bend package that was optional. I just got the regular old Big Bend.
Ah, it was the big bend package that included the FOB with remote start? That seems a tad silly. Ford is so ahead of the times in some aspects, but way in the past in others. Strange stuff.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Ah, it was the big bend package that included the FOB with remote start? That seems a tad silly. Ford is so ahead of the times in some aspects, but way in the past in others. Strange stuff.
I have the big bend package and have no remote start on the fob. Remote start is standard on OB and optional on Badlands.