C5pilot

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I am still not clear on remote start capability. I purchased a used 2022 BB with convenience pkg. Ford Pass app can start it fine. Since it came with only one remote , I hoped I could buy a spare with the remote start button and once programmed use that. Is this possible?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Remote start via fob requires a specific module installed in the vehicle. If your car was equipped with one you should have a fob with the start button.

The signal FordPass uses goes through the car's telemetrics receiver. The fob uses a different receiver. You can get remote start capability by installing Ford's perimeter plus alarm system.

OP
OP

C5pilot

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks , I was not aware and surprised there would be two diff remote start modules. The prior owner lost one fob and I had hoped it was one with remote start. But I wanted to confirm before I bought a replacement.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
That’s too bad that they lost one of the fobs. It takes two to program a new one if done by yourself. Ford or a qualified locksmith can do it but that will cost you several hundred dollars. If people are concerned they are in a situation where they could lose a fob, buy a third or fourth and program while you still have two. Four is the max you can have without intervention from Ford or a locksmith.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
You can also auto-start, lock and unlock via the iPhone Ford app (and using the Apple watch!)

MAGPLM

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands & 2023 Maverick AWD FX4
I bought mine off Amazon and programmed myself. Easy! Had locksmith cut both keys inside of them for less than $100.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought mine off Amazon and programmed myself. Easy! Had locksmith cut both keys inside of them for less than $100.
Could you program using just one fob or did you need both? For the full size, you need to have two fobs to program a third. I assumed it was the same for the Sport.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, you need 2 fobs.
Ok, thanks. I assumed it was the same. The issue is if you loose one before you program another, it can’t be programmed at home. Needs a dealer or a locksmith.

OP
OP

C5pilot

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait, are you saying if I only have one fob
and bought a second , I cant program per instructions in manual? I can only program a 3rd and 4th? In the past the only restriction was one original. Aside from a dealer money grab that makes no sense.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Wait, are you saying if I only have one fob
and bought a second , I cant program per instructions in manual? I can only program a 3rd and 4th? In the past the only restriction was one original. Aside from a dealer money grab that makes no sense.
Yes, you need TWO fobs to program a spare. If all you have is a single fob you must go to a dealer or locksmith to program a second one.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
OP
OP

C5pilot

Big Bend
First Name
Paul