How do I program a (third) bronco sport key fob?

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
I have a key left from my first (then totaled) Bronco - does anyone know how to program it for my NEW bronco? Your help is appreciated :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum

My bad, just went through this on my F350 and automatically thought keyed fob. Try this video, should be the same as on the BS. Pretty sure this is what I did on my wife’s 2013 Explorer.

OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3

My bad, just went through this on my F350 and automatically thought keyed fob. Try this video, should be the same as on the BS. Pretty sure this is what I did on my wife’s 2013 Explorer.
I cant figure out on the BS where s the key cradle they show here for another vehicle... do yo know?

Whiet BigBend

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used this procedure to program a used OEM fob for our 2022 with push button ignition, but suspect it will work for 21's and 23's and aftermarket fobs. Your guess is as good as mine why this isn't in the owners manual...

2022 Bronco Sport Fob Programming
Notes

-A used OEM fob can be programmed if it has same frequency and number of buttons as the ones that came with the car

-Two (2) previously programmed fobs and the unprogrammed fob must be available inside the vehicle for programming

-All fobs must have good batteries. Remove terminal seals from new batteries

-All doors must be closed before beginning programming, and remain closed and unlocked throughout the procedure

-Vehicle must be OFF before beginning programming

-Foot must not be on the brake pedal during programming

-If an error is made or programming is unsuccessful, wait one minute before repeating the procedure

Preliminary Instructions
-Remove the three fobs from key rings (if any)

-Remove the valet keys from the three fobs

-Remove the rubber mat in the storage bin at the front of the console

-Fobs are inserted into the backup slot with the button side up and the valet key end to the right

Programming Procedure
The procedure must be completed within 30 seconds. Read the procedure and practice it a few time to become acquainted with the steps before attempting programming.

(First Programmed Fob)
Place the 1st programmed fob in the backup slot

Press and release the push button ignition switch

When the chime tone ceases, press and release the push button ignition switch again

Remove 1st programmed fob

(Second Programmed Fob)

Within 10 seconds, place the 2nd programmed fob in the backup slot

When the chime tone ceases, press and release the ignition switch again

Remove 2nd programmed fob

(Unprogrammed Romote)

Within 10 seconds, place the unprogrammed fob in the backup slot

Press and HOLD the push button ignition switch until the horn chirps, the hazard lights flash and the display indicates "Key Program Successful."

Place foot on the brake pedal and press the push button ignition switch to verify vehicle starts with the new fob

If an error is made or programming is unsuccessful, wait one minute before repeating the programming procedure

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I used this procedure to program a used OEM fob for our 2022 with push button ignition, but suspect it will work for 21's and 23's and aftermarket fobs. Your guess is as good as mine why this isn't in the owners manual...

2022 Bronco Sport Fob Programming
Notes

-A used OEM fob can be programmed if it has same frequency and number of buttons as the ones that came with the car

-Two (2) previously programmed fobs and the unprogrammed fob must be available inside the vehicle for programming

-All fobs must have good batteries. Remove terminal seals from new batteries

-All doors must be closed before beginning programming, and remain closed and unlocked throughout the procedure

-Vehicle must be OFF before beginning programming

-Foot must not be on the brake pedal during programming

-If an error is made or programming is unsuccessful, wait one minute before repeating the procedure

Preliminary Instructions
-Remove the three fobs from key rings (if any)

-Remove the valet keys from the three fobs

-Remove the rubber mat in the storage bin at the front of the console

-Fobs are inserted into the backup slot with the button side up and the valet key end to the right

Programming Procedure
The procedure must be completed within 30 seconds. Read the procedure and practice it a few time to become acquainted with the steps before attempting programming.

(First Programmed Fob)
Place the 1st programmed fob in the backup slot

When the chime tone ceases, press and release the push button ignition switch again

Remove 1st programmed fob

(Second Programmed Fob)

Within 10 seconds, place the 2nd programmed fob in the backup slot

When the chime tone ceases, press and release the ignition switch again

Remove 2nd programmed fob

(Unprogrammed Romote)

Within 10 seconds, place the unprogrammed fob in the backup slot

Press and HOLD the push button ignition switch until the horn chirps, the hazard lights flash and the display indicates "Key Program Successful."

Place foot on the brake pedal and press the push button ignition switch to verify vehicle starts with the new fob

If an error is made or programming is unsuccessful, wait one minute before repeating the programming procedure
Its crazy how they come up with these programming processes to make sure things don’t get accidentally programmed. I can’t remember the exact process on the Escape but fortunately it left off any gymnastic moves while holding three separate buttons.

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
I can validate that this procedure works to program a third and fourth keyfob on a 2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, having just done this. Thank you for this contribution, you saved me $175 in labor + tax having the dealer program the keys instead. I was able to validate functionalty by testing the fob buttons and then starting/driving with each of the new fobs in the car individually.

I make one note:
A used OEM fob can be programmed if it has same frequency and number of buttons as the ones that came with the car
My vehicle came with two four button (lock/unlock/remote start/panic) fobs with FCC ID M3N-A2C931426 (a 902mhz part), and I had no issues programming 5 button (lock/unlock/remote start/liftgate/panic) fobs with that same FCC ID. All buttons on the five button remote (including the liftgate button) work.

OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!!!
Sponsored