GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
See with Chevy they're not recalled as much because they tend to blow up later on just after the warranty expires.

Ford is no Toyota, but I like that they're trying new things and offering some actually pretty interesting vehicles for the price point. I mean who else is offering a boxy unibody crossover thats actually reasonably capable and can be had for $30k-$35k?

My family is all GM and I considered them the last couple times I was in the vehicle market and I just couldn't get over how much their quality has fallen. 8-10 years ago they seemed to be getting better but the last few years they seemed to have fallen off. Their trucks/large SUVs still seem fairly solid though.

Chrysler I still hear horror stories but I will give them credit they seem a lot better than they were even 10 years ago.
Sponsored

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
Recalls are not bad. Yet..They strike nerves with so many.

I would rather the manufacturers be quick to recalls. It called accountability. (And avoiding lawsuits…let’s not give them too much credit now)

nissans rusting out.. under warranty
Toyota catalytic conv lighting cars on fire
GM pick-up brake failures
Jeeps running people over.

AND Pinto and Chevettes sold to millions while they they fell apart on the highways and caught fire. Known defects yet Ford looked the other way.

Ford and GM have stepped up. I agree on Chrysler… not good. Even though they have some fun products. I don’t think that Fiat gonna save the day either

RECALLS ARE A GOOD THING

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I wonder if this isn’t responsible for many thinking recalls are bad. They’re not only issued for massive safety defects across millions of cars.
https://www.nhtsa.gov/equipment/takata-recall-spotlight

Certainly nobody, least of all the automaker, wants to have recalls. They’d investigate them thoroughly to find the failure root cause. Yet that number of recalls (by issue or by units affected) isn’t perfectly correlated with a poor vehicle. It shows willingness to correct defects as they’re discovered at the automaker level. Every make/model out there has horror stories on their own forums of strings of known defects which should be addressed by the manufacturer but aren’t. & people’s attempts to get resolution under warranty through their dealer can vary widely.

While nobody likes to see such high numbers, I’d argue with the others that this isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
If you scroll down through this article you'll get a better idea of the truth.
https://www.caranddriver.com/recalls/

or
  1. Volkswagen
  2. Chrysler
  3. Honda
  4. Hyundai
  5. BMW
  6. Volvo
  7. Ford
  8. Mitsubishi
  9. Land Rover
  10. Nissan
  11. Toyota
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the industry average for recalls is 1,115 vehicles for every 1,000 sold. Out of all the vehicles listed above, Volkswagen had the highest recall rates with 1,805 per 1,000 cars sold. However, out of all these vehicles, Tesla, Hyundai, and Nissan are the manufacturers with the highest percentage of serious recalls.
2/7/2022
https://www.thelemonattorney.com/blog/2022/february/which-manufacturers-have-the-most-recalls-/

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Man, I must be the luckiest vehicle owner in the US, owned so many fords over the last 50 plus years and not a single recall.......

My 21 Badlands, not a single recall or missing engine cover or all the other things! (Knock on wood :rockon: )

But if and when it happens.............

No worry, beeeee happy.......... :beer::beer:

Last edited:

BigPhatPaulie

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
With a name like that why are you still here? SMH

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Just have to say that the recalls are not done because Ford wants to fix something. They are told that they have to recall by the government. Once a certain number of failures occur, especially if they can be safety related, they government mandates a recall. I don’t know all the laws but I do know that recalls are required, not voluntary.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
With a name like that why are you still here? SMH
Amen. It floors me the small collection of frustrated, angry, " I'm so done with Ford" users who post and complain...it's a seller's market GET RID OF IT AND FIND SOMETHING ELSE THAT DOESNT HAVE RECALLS.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I haven’t had any recalls on mine. But the build quality is far below my Toyota and the three wranglers I had before that.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Just have to say that the recalls are not done because Ford wants to fix something. They are told that they have to recall by the government. Once a certain number of failures occur, especially if they can be safety related, they government mandates a recall. I don’t know all the laws but I do know that recalls are required, not voluntary.
This isn't always true. Although recalls are usually prompted by NHTSA investigations, most are initiated voluntarily by manufacturers. Sometimes manufacturers will disagree with the NHTSA's or DOT's ideas regarding the best way to deal with a given issue. If all parties cannot come to an agreement the government may issue an order directing a recall, but that's rare.

Manufacturers are motivated to fix safety issues. The ability of owners to share information on forums like this has made it all but impossible for manufacturers to place profit above safety as Ford did with the Pinto back in the 1970s.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
I’m about to hit the 10,000 mile mark. Took delivery last September of my 2021 Badlands. No recalls at this point.
None on my early build 21 Badlands either. Took delivery in February 2021.
Sponsored

Reactions: JRM