Dave Wayda

Big Bend
First Name
Dave form PA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco sport
Oof! Sorry to hear and glad you’re safe. The scenario you describe with the electronic shifter is worrisome.
That is a scenario I do not wish to encounter. So were I to have no power, I cannot put it in neutral and push it, at all?
Just to give you an update-my problem turned out to be chewed wiring at the fuel pump assembly on top of the fuel tank. I was told many new cars are using soy-based wiring insulation witch attracts rodents and this problem is not uncommon. i never had this problem on any vehicles before and this is very worrisome on a brand new vehicle. Mine is running ok now but the check engine came on yesterday so I have to call them again now!
Sponsored

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
I'll be interested to see if I get a recall on this, I noticed the dates affected were MAY 21, 2021 - JUL 20, 2021, my BS was built on Jul 20.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I'll be interested to see if I get a recall on this, I noticed the dates affected were MAY 21, 2021 - JUL 20, 2021, my BS was built on Jul 20.
Run you VIN here https://www.nhtsa.gov/ and it will show if your on the recall.

Mine was built on 7/21 and is not on the list, so I'm sure yours is good.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Or just a specific build range. I have a 2.0 and have not received the recall as of tonight.
Recall is for vehicles built between May 12th and July 20th. Ford said they will notify owners that have already received their vehicles by USPS by October 5th. Ford stated previously that they had to wait for enough replacement units to be furnished by the manufacturer of the part and didn't expect those to be delivered before the end of September. The recall effects the Ford Bronco Sport, Lincoln Corsair, and Ford Escape. It is most likely that vehicles that have already been delivered will receive the part long before the ones sitting waiting at the factory for them especially since it is deemed a major safety hazard.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Just to give you an update-my problem turned out to be chewed wiring at the fuel pump assembly on top of the fuel tank. I was told many new cars are using soy-based wiring insulation witch attracts rodents and this problem is not uncommon. i never had this problem on any vehicles before and this is very worrisome on a brand new vehicle. Mine is running ok now but the check engine came on yesterday so I have to call them again now!
Rats & Mice have been chewing wiring for ever , even in your house .

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Just got a follow-up notice today stating parts are still not available and targeting "4th quarter."

News flash Ford: October is part of the 4th quarter. :mad:

OP
OP
Rinzler

Rinzler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just got a follow-up notice today stating parts are still not available and targeting "4th quarter."

News flash Ford: October is part of the 4th quarter. :mad:
Got my notice in the mail from Ford today as well.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
My notice came today. Stating parts are not available.

Ford Bronco Sport Recall notice: Fuel Delivery Module line may leak 20211008_130933

Kristine44

Badlands
First Name
Kristine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine is shipping to the dealership currently. Will they have to fix it before I take possession? Or can I require them to? I don’t want to risk this known problem causing me to not have a car while it gets fixed. I’d rather complete the deal when there are parts and it’s been taken care of. Also, this problem has been known since before mine shipped and it’s still listed as needing the repair…someone earlier in this thread said that it was illegal to ship it from the factory without repairing first?

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Mine is shipping to the dealership currently. Will they have to fix it before I take possession? Or can I require them to? I don’t want to risk this known problem causing me to not have a car while it gets fixed. I’d rather complete the deal when there are parts and it’s been taken care of. Also, this problem has been known since before mine shipped and it’s still listed as needing the repair…someone earlier in this thread said that it was illegal to ship it from the factory without repairing first?
They have to fix it before you take delivery of it.

Kpie819

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Mine has been at the dealership since the 14th, I can't take delivery until it is fixed. My salesperson said it could be one day, or it could be a month. Based on everything that has happened I'm anticipating a month.

OP
OP
Rinzler

Rinzler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine has been at the dealership since the 14th, I can't take delivery until it is fixed. My salesperson said it could be one day, or it could be a month. Based on everything that has happened I'm anticipating a month.
This. It’ll sadly delay your receiving it. Sorry to you both. What a drag

christy414

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
armada
Ugh! Mine was delivered to dealership Saturday and they are telling me they are not sure when they will be able to fix the recall! I've been waiting since March, super frustrating. I was hoping this would just be like a week ordeal but after reading your post looks like I will be waiting a while longer :(

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ugh! Mine was delivered to dealership Saturday and they are telling me they are not sure when they will be able to fix the recall! I've been waiting since March, super frustrating. I was hoping this would just be like a week ordeal but after reading your post looks like I will be waiting a while longer :(
I have no idea why they didn’t just fix all of them waiting on the recall at the factory where they have the part. I would be worried that the vehicles that arrived here without it fixed or going to the back of the line versus those who were on the road and need to be fixed first.
Sponsored