Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BIGBEND & 2023 Bronco BADLANDS
There is some kind of fluttering/rattling noise in rear passenger side panel.
I thought it might be the wheel well skirt fluttering at highway speeds but it is tight.

Anyone ever have that panel off on passenger side rear?
What's in there?
Sponsored

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It might be worth checking your spare tire. I had a similar noise happening and it was the tire offset just enough to rub against the metal at every minor bump and turn.

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
I think I read a similar situation and it turned out to be the “cab vent” that lets air escape when you close your doors, back hatch, etc…. The flap that (I’m guessing) helps to keep critters out, starts vibrating at certain speeds. Could be wrong, but I seem to recall that. (My BS does it occasionally as well)

Bluesteelworx

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport, GMC Sierra
I thought it might be the wheel well skirt fluttering at highway speeds but it is tight.

What's in there?
No, but I am experiencing exhaust fumes coming into the cab. Had it to dealer three times and they all say they can't detect it. Nor have they ever heard of the problem before. I still smell exhaust fumes at every stop when the heater or ac is on. I have seen other forums where customers have reported the same thing.

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BIGBEND & 2023 Bronco BADLANDS
Sorry to hear this. I would rather have a rattle over fumes but I would stay on it and see if you can get it resolved.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport

What's in there?
Hi there, Kevin! If you'd like to, go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info and I’ll look into this rattling concern. Thanks!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
No, but I am experiencing exhaust fumes coming into the cab. Had it to dealer three times and they all say they can't detect it. Nor have they ever heard of the problem before. I still smell exhaust fumes at every stop when the heater or ac is on. I have seen other forums where customers have reported the same thing.
Good morning! This exhaust fumes concern isn't something we want you experiencing. Could you privately message us with your VIN and dealer info to begin assistance? Thanks!

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I had the same problem with Ford Tech saying the exact same thing. It’s like these guys check the vehicle for a few minutes and move on to the next. I too need to take my vehicle back to have it inspected once again. Other members have reported a crack in the catalytic converter was the cause so maybe check there.

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport

What's in there?
There’s a few threads about noises in the cargo area. Just search for “flapping”
Sponsored