FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Finally got myself a decent video (turn up volume) of the wierd rattle from the front driver side on acceleration. Listen carefully and you will hear it.

Anyone else have this occurring ?

Between 0 to 35 mph (50 km/hr) light on the throttle and you can hear the weird rattle sounds in the video. Seems to occur more around gear changes I think.

Sponsored

Bdud

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Same noise and same symptoms. I have an appointment on Friday at the dealer. I'll let you know what happens.

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Same noise and same symptoms. I have an appointment on Friday at the dealer. I'll let you know what happens.
Right on Yes please do let me know how it goes.
It’s louder in person of course, but the video was able to catch it.
I was going to get my dealer to look at it in a month when I get my first oil change, but I’m super curious what they find with yours

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Yeah I get it to, the ford rep on here suggested taking it in, I'm waiting till the first oil change as it seems like a pretty common thing with no fix from what I've seen on here.

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
hwre is a link to another perfect video of that rattle when accelerating ( I get it in both acceleration and deceleration)
Yeah I get it to, the ford rep on here suggested taking it in, I'm waiting till the first oil change as it seems like a pretty common thing with no fix from what I've seen on here.
Best recording I just found online of the noise

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Another great video of the sound from someone else

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I have the same noise on my 2022 BS BB and 2021's had issues with the manual park release cable. I think this is the issue that you're experiencing.

https://ford.oemdtc.com/7489/hiss-or-rattle-noise-while-driving-manual-park-release-cable-2021-ford-bronco-sport
how does it rattle only during up and down shifts from 0-50 km/hr its so specific it seems for a cable that isn't moving Mine is a 2022 as well did you solve your issue with a new cable? i disconnected mine from the lever on the transmission but that didnt stop the noise.. if it is the cable , it would have to be just taken right out to stop the rattle i would think

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Finally got myself a decent video (turn up volume) of the wierd rattle from the front driver side on acceleration. Listen carefully and you will hear it.

Anyone else have this occurring ?

Between 0 to 35 mph (50 km/hr) light on the throttle and you can hear the weird rattle sounds in the video. Seems to occur more around gear changes I think.

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end. Thank you!

jwhamlin244

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Badlands
Has anyone taken it in for this sound and actually had a resolution?
I've taken mine in. I described the sound as a shovel dragging on concrete. That was the best description I could think of. For me, it mostly happens downshifting to 3rd gear.

My car was at the dealer for about 2 weeks and they returned it and said, "that's how the transmission sounds". At least they didn't charge me for their time.
This sounds like no transmission I've ever heard before, so If someone actually has a diagnosis, I'd love to hear it.

Bdud

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Right on Yes please do let me know how it goes.
It’s louder in person of course, but the video was able to catch it.
I was going to get my deale
how does it rattle only during up and down shifts from 0-50 km/hr its so specific it seems for a cable that isn't moving Mine is a 2022 as well did you solve your issue with a new cable? i disconnected mine from the lever on the transmission but that didnt stop the noise.. if it is the cable , it would have to be just taken right out to stop the rattle i would think
It might be less noticeable the faster you are going do louder road and engine noises. Just a thought. At faster speeds you are also changing gears a lot less
I've taken mine in. I described the sound as a shovel dragging on concrete. That was the best description I could think of. For me, it mostly happens downshifting to 3rd gear.

My car was at the dealer for about 2 weeks and they returned it and said, "that's how the transmission sounds". At least they didn't charge me for their time.
This sounds like no transmission I've ever heard before, so If someone actually has a diagnosis, I'd love to hear it.
Just curious how you know what gear you are in? Are you just keeping track of the shifts?

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine makes a similar sound. It's a 21 BL. I've never had them check it because it's so quiet that I'm 100% certain they will say they don't hear anything.

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end. Thank you!
You bet. I’ll msg you that info later today. Thanks

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Mine makes a similar sound. It's a 21 BL. I've never had them check it because it's so quiet that I'm 100% certain they will say they don't hear anything.
Ya. Good to get it checked. The more cases of Ford knowing about it, maybe their engineering dept. will come out with the TSB for the repair or fix

OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ya. Good to get it checked. The more cases of Ford knowing about it, maybe their engineering dept. will come out with the TSB for the repair or fix

im gonna get it checked in 2 weeks on my first oil change at 1600 kms. I also have a chassis ear microphones i can clamp in different spots and drive to listen and narrow the sound down to an item, i may do this soon. Might get the technician to check first
Sponsored