Raptor grill accent lights

PhinG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
What would you all do? 3 or 4 lights?
I'm glad someone is working with a Badlands grill. Which light did you get?

I would either do 3 on the top row, center then skip 2, or 4 on the second row with 2 between each. I've been leaning toward 3.
Sponsored

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
I'm glad someone is working with a Badlands grill. Which light did you get?

I would either do 3 on the top row, center then skip 2, or 4 on the second row with 2 between each. I've been leaning toward 3.
I ended up buying 2 different ones but the one that seems to fit the best inside the space on the Badlands grill is this one:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/catalog/product/view/id/203919/s/miniature-rectangle-led-accent-light-black-am-rb-x6/category/2137/+color-Amber

They come with 3M adhesive on the back but I also ordered some stronger stuff off Amazon. I will end up “removing” the raised honeycomb lines just so the adhesive has a better chance of sticking. I don’t think it will look bad once the light is in the space. I plan on drilling a small hole for the wire right at the edge of the light so you shouldn’t be able to see the wire from the outside. Then I’ll fill the hole with black caulk to seal it up.

Unfortunately the weather is now cold enough that I might have to wait till spring to do all of the work as I don’t have a garage.

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So I decided to go the custom route and buy some individual units that will fit almost perfectly into the openings on the Badlands grill. Now the question is do I install 3 or 4? If I do 3 I would put one dead center and then skip 2 or 3 spaces on either side and then put the others. If I do 4 I would start 1 away from center in each direction and then skip 2 or 3 spaces for the others.

Sorry for the delay. Yes, I ride the big bend model.

I think four marker lights on the grille look more aesthetic. They also have out reg white light marker lights that aren't orange.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
So I decided to go the custom route and buy some individual units that will fit almost perfectly into the openings on the Badlands grill. Now the question is do I install 3 or 4? If I do 3 I would put one dead center and then skip 2 or 3 spaces on either side and then put the others. If I do 4 I would start 1 away from center in each direction and then skip 2 or 3 spaces for the others.

Where I would put them, if I had the skills.

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights FA145C2A-5693-4947-9738-D698D181E9DF

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe

I vote for 3. I feel mine are to far apart. They look ok when off and spaced evenly. If I had a do over, I would bring the outside ones in closer.
Do what makes you happy.
Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights 1669441916335

Last edited:

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I vote for 3. I feel mine are to far apart. They look ok when off and spaced evenly. If I had a do over, I would bring the outside ones in closer.
Do what makes you happy.
Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights 1669441916335
That looks perfect , and would be my choice if I could figure out how to wire them . Does anyone have a wiring diagram ? What about this look ?…
Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights 0316C2EF-2D77-4C33-91E7-BB27B5AA3B75

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights 24A1E698-D8B8-4D98-AF85-11E3382F87C4
Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights 0316C2EF-2D77-4C33-91E7-BB27B5AA3B75

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights 26BA2F66-7FC0-4D9E-904F-87C69B18BE74

Last edited:

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
That looks perfect , and would be my choice if I could figure out how to wire them . Does anyone have a wiring diagram ?

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights 24A1E698-D8B8-4D98-AF85-11E3382F87C4
Honestly there are multiple ways you could do it. Some people wire them to a separate switch and some to the side marker light. I’m going for the side marker light which means they will only be on when the headlights are on. I ordered one of these from Specialty Performance Parts:

https://specialtyperformanceparts.com/products/harness-bronco-parking-headlight-connector-adapter-powers-aftermarket-backlights-w-parking-markers-spv-harness-system-works-w-many-vehicles?variant=43075645440232&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyMKbBhD1ARIsANs7rEF4oRLRWjL5twzVo_aQ3jyCxPINuwwgnkr8UtnrqnDPkWYRCcHn08gaAhvMEALw_wcB

It goes on the marker light connector and provides a power connection for the grill lights. You have to provide you own ground. I plan on making a detailed post when I install mine. That won’t be until spring most likely because of the weather.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly there are multiple ways you could do it. Some people wire them to a separate switch and some to the side marker light. I’m going for the side marker light which means they will only be on when the headlights are on. I ordered one of these from Specialty Performance Parts:

https://specialtyperformanceparts.com/products/harness-bronco-parking-headlight-connector-adapter-powers-aftermarket-backlights-w-parking-markers-spv-harness-system-works-w-many-vehicles?variant=43075645440232&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyMKbBhD1ARIsANs7rEF4oRLRWjL5twzVo_aQ3jyCxPINuwwgnkr8UtnrqnDPkWYRCcHn08gaAhvMEALw_wcB

It goes on the marker light connector and provides a power connection for the grill lights. You have to provide you own ground. I plan on making a detailed post when I install mine. That won’t be until spring most likely because of the weather.
Thanks , that gives me some more information when I buy parts .thanks again

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
That looks perfect , and would be my choice if I could figure out how to wire them . Does anyone have a wiring diagram ?

Got lights from Amazon. Smoked lens so don’t stand out in daytime. Drilled 3/4” hole. Grommet that comes with light holds it firmly.
I had to lengthen each lights pigtail (solder & heatshrink) connected the grounds to a short wire with a 1/4” eye crimped/soldered. There was a nut/bolt on the pax side of a radiator brace that had room for the ground wire eye & additional nut, so attached ground there. Only about 6-8” from right light.
Fished a piece if wire down front side of pax side fender well, attached with several zip ties. Removed 4-6 push pins & pulled inner fender out. Used a wire tap & attached to par wire if right front marker light. This way “Raptor” lights are on with parking and headlights. Attaching to side marker is a not fun. Very tight. If you can find a wiring diagram and can find the wire in engine bay, it would be much easier.
Good luck. Below is how they look in daytime.

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights 20C03372-501A-4162-8379-C77A420033F7

Last edited:

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Forgot to mention that if you order one you need to mention in the order notes that you need one for the BS. The one pictured in the link is for the large Bronco.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Wet blanket time. There are no such thing as "raptor lights." The group of three amber lights on the front of vehicles are actually vehicle identification lights which are required on vehicles greater than 80 inches in width per 49 CFR § 571.108. The reason they are on Ford Raptor pickups and broncos is because they are fatties.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Wet blanket time. There are no such thing as "raptor lights." The group of three amber lights on the front of vehicles are actually vehicle identification lights which are required on vehicles greater than 80 inches in width per 49 CFR § 571.108. The reason they are on Ford Raptor pickups and broncos is because they are fatties.
*2 year old mad face on* NO! *2 year old mad face off* When I put them on my BS it will transform into a magical vehicle that can do anything and go anywhere.
Just kidding, I think they look cool and want to personalize my BS to make it my own.
Of course they have a technical purpose on certain vehicles due to size but they are commonly called Raptor lights here in the Ford world even though they are found on many non Raptor vehicles. I wonder if the Toyota gang calls them Tundra lights?

OP
OP
GoatsyBanks

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I wired mine into the cabin fuse block #3 with a switch under the steering column. That way they are on when the engine is, with the daytime running lights. And I can turn them off if I want to. Really glad I did it that way.

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights 20221103_170010

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wired mine into the cabin fuse block #3 with a switch under the steering column. That way they are on when the engine is, with the daytime running lights. And I can turn them off if I want to. Really glad I did it that way.

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights 20221103_170010
Thanks, red wire to the fuse then black wire to ground ?

Ford Bronco Sport Raptor grill accent lights 23B54F12-40B2-4F3B-868B-E5C160071C88
Sponsored