dparleng

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
This just started happening. Whenever I turn the vehicle on, the radio automatically turns on to FM, and I always shut the radio off when exiting the car. The odd part about this is that I always listen to Sirius, and it turns on to AM, but when I switch the source back to Sirius it is on Sirius Channel 0.

Has anybody else had this happen or any ideas as to what is suddenly causing this? I did not receive or apply any Sync updates (auto updates are turned off).

This is VERY annoying.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
This just started happening. Whenever I turn the vehicle on, the radio automatically turns on to FM, and I always shut the radio off when exiting the car. The odd part about this is that I always listen to Sirius, and it turns on to AM, but when I switch the source back to Sirius it is on Sirius Channel 0.

Has anybody else had this happen or any ideas as to what is suddenly causing this? I did not receive or apply any Sync updates (auto updates are turned off).

This is VERY annoying.
Hi David. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford is aware of the Build 22251 issues. However, the factory has never issued any written statements or bulletins on any of the issues or possible solutions.

leftbehindmtb

Big Bend
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yes, got the same thing going on. I never ever listen to the radio, so annoying.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Yes, got the same thing going on. I never ever listen to the radio, so annoying.
If you think your radio is annoying, you should hear my singing...:puke:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
If you think your radio is annoying, you should hear my singing...:puke:
Think about your singing at ear piercing volume … that’s what the Sync system can do when the car is started.

People state their speakers get blown out but so far it’s more harmful on the human ear not the speakers. It’s painful!

DirtRoadSport

Badlands
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
My BS/BL started doing the same thing last week.
Also, my Navigation history was wiped clean. I can still use the Navigation / Map, however it will no longer store the addresses in the history, it stays blank.

The other issue, it keeps removing my WiFi code and turns off my automatic updates button.
Yesterday the clock froze and the entire screen locked up!

I did have the back brakes worked on for that french horn sound while backing up, however after the repair, it's 10x louder when backing up! That is really annoying!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Think about your singing at ear piercing volume … that’s what the Sync system can do when the car is started.

People state their speakers get blown out but so far it’s more harmful on the human ear not the speakers. It’s painful!
Your last sentence is exactly how my wife describes my singing.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Yes. Happening to me in my Escape along with other SYNC issues beginning last Septemmber.

I've done multiple system resets.

Dealer did a master reset last year. I wanted it done at the dealer so it was documented.

Dealer reprogrammed the APIM the second time I brought it in.

Third time they reprogrammed the gateway module, Ford SSM 51254. Thought that fixed my issues.

Radio has started coming on occasionally again. Doesn't happen all the time. Also, Android Auto will disconnect, then reconnect after a little while.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yes. Happening to me in my Escape along with other SYNC issues beginning last Septemmber.

I've done multiple system resets.

Dealer did a master reset last year. I wanted it done at the dealer so it was documented.

Dealer reprogrammed the APIM the second time I brought it in.

Third time they reprogrammed the gateway module, Ford SSM 51254. Thought that fixed my issues.

Radio has started coming on occasionally again. Doesn't happen all the time. Also, Android Auto will disconnect, then reconnect after a little while.
That does seem to be the problem with the reprogramming of modules and even some dealerships replaced the APIM with a new APIM. These all work great … for awhile. The root cause is reported to be with Sync 22251 - it doesn’t clear the rwdata partition on startup so eventually the rwdata partition fills again and problems start anew. Reported to be made worse by use of CarPlay or Android Auto. See the 22251 post on this forum and there are more complete explanations on Cyan Labs under 22251 and 23088.

what I would like to know is do all bronco sport owners with 22251 have issues.

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With all the electronics that seem to drive everything on vehicles these days, it's a matter of time before someone does have hearing loss or other physical damage, causing a lawsuit being filed.

Only then sadly will the designers take note and correct the issue(s).

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
My BS/BL started doing the same thing last week.
Also, my Navigation history was wiped clean. I can still use the Navigation / Map, however it will no longer store the addresses in the history, it stays blank.

The other issue, it keeps removing my WiFi code and turns off my automatic updates button.
Yesterday the clock froze and the entire screen locked up!

I did have the back brakes worked on for that french horn sound while backing up, however after the repair, it's 10x louder when backing up! That is really annoying!
Hi Art. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
Sponsored